What is your biggest regret?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-01-2012, 08:49 AM
RE: What is your biggest regret?
I try not to regret things but rather to learn and remember. Although a good uncle of mine recently died from cancer and I only got to see him one last time. I suppose it was my own stubborn fault for not for not making time, and that, I regret.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-02-2012, 10:29 AM
I'd say that my biggest regret in life so far would be not speaking up about something that happened when I was younger.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-02-2012, 01:32 AM
Since half you people think regrets are a bad thing, I'm going to call it a "pivotal moment of which I am not proud but which is valuable to repeat for others' edification."

My PMOWIANPBWIVTRFOE was when, instead of treating my very first girlfriend with respect and dignity, I pressured her into becoming a Christian. She was flirting with the idea, but still wasn't sure of it. I pressed her hard and she got very into it, alienated her Jewish family, even tried to convert them. After a month or two she realized what a douchebag I was. Even more she experienced, after the unshacklingly euphoric mental high you get from feeling like all your sins are forgiven and the supreme being loves you personally like a daughter, the soul-crushing weight of guilt, pain, and failure that follows it when you think you've sinned. Mental anguish is the price of religious high. It's sad because the anguish usually outweighs the high, in balance. The horrible part was that it ruined our relationship and I didn't even comprehend why. I felt very sorry for myself.

But when I look back on it, it drives home how important it is to let others think for themselves, allow them to come to their own decisions, but most importantly respect those decisions like a goddam human being. I now know that when I'm using emotional pressure to sway someone to my beliefs or get someone to do what I want, I had best step off.

There, was that too whiny?
[+] 2 users Like rook2004's post
21-02-2012, 07:36 AM
(21-02-2012 01:32 AM)rook2004 Wrote:  I now know that when I'm using emotional pressure to sway someone to my beliefs or get someone to do what I want, I had best step off.

Very well put! Talk about a home run hit! I don't think I could have put it better myself. Thanks for sharing that information with the forum. I can relate in so many ways.

"I feel like the weight of the world has been lifted from my shoulders...
Thanks for getting off my back!"
-
Arcticspear Idea