Life-long atheist
[Show Results]
What is your (ex-)religion?
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-02-2012, 09:11 PM
RE: What is your (ex-)religion?
So.. Jewish 0%? Interesting...

DISCLAIMER: If you find a message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you don't know how to ignore a message, complain to me and I will be happy to demonstrate.

[Image: tta.php]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-02-2012, 11:43 AM
RE: What is your (ex-)religion?
I accidentally put Christian before seeing "Life Long Atheist." I guess my background with my family is still Christian but I consider myself fairly lucky that I figured out how full of shit Christianity was at around the age of 4.

I still remember when I was four, and started going to Sunday school/preschool at my parents' Lutheran church. They kept talking about this "going up to heaven." At the time, in the mind of a four-year-old I was trying to figure out where this "heaven" was. I was already an avid reader believe it or not, and understood the concept of the sky and outer space beyond it. So.....there was the choir balcony(LOL) in our Church that I couldn't see. I decided heaven must be up in that balcony, so I went around the rope blocking the stairs one morning and found out for myself. Once I saw that the only thing up there was some chairs and the organ console it just clicked for me immediately at that young age that this was all a bunch of complete nonsense.

I have to say that although I have a good relationship still with most of my family, it did damage my relationship with them in that growing up, it caused me a great deal of lack of respect for the intelligence level of my parents. They weren't very conservative or hardcore religious people, but the fact that they still bought into it at all called into doubt anything that came out of their mouth in my mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Superluminal's post