What is your latest first world problem ?

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.67 Average
13-05-2014, 11:24 AM
RE: What is your latest first world problem ?
Should I go to the tanning bed first or the grocery store? Consider

Maybe I will just take a nap instead...decisions, decisions...

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-05-2014, 11:29 AM
(13-05-2014 11:24 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Should I go to the tanning bed first or the grocery store? Consider

Tanning bed? Gasp
Don't these things scare you?

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
13-05-2014, 11:35 AM
(13-05-2014 11:29 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  
(13-05-2014 11:24 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Should I go to the tanning bed first or the grocery store? Consider

Tanning bed? Gasp
Don't these things scare you?

No, I don't go often...just enough so that I don't glow in the dark. I often go months without a tanning session. I used to go A LOT.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
13-05-2014, 11:45 AM
I can't understand programmer speak! Trying to listen in on hubby's technical phone interview upstairs and I can't understand a damn thing they are saying!

Fucking geeks.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 4 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
13-05-2014, 11:54 AM
(13-05-2014 11:45 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  I can't understand programmer speak! Trying to listen in on hubby's technical phone interview upstairs and I can't understand a damn thing they are saying!

Fucking geeks.

LOL,it isnt just the geeks, ever listen to a group of mechanics, machinists or drag racers talk ?

It was pointed out to me a long time ago that we dont speak English. Blush

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
[+] 1 user Likes War Horse's post
13-05-2014, 12:05 PM
(13-05-2014 11:54 AM)War Horse Wrote:  
(13-05-2014 11:45 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  I can't understand programmer speak! Trying to listen in on hubby's technical phone interview upstairs and I can't understand a damn thing they are saying!

Fucking geeks.

LOL,it isnt just the geeks, ever listen to a group of mechanics, machinists or drag racers talk ?

Although pretty good with mechanical stuff, there are times when my husband is talking about mechanic things and cars that my eyes glaze over. After all these years, he finally realizes when I have hit that "I have no clue what you are babbling about stage" and he either stops or decides he must explain it...which is worse.

[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
13-05-2014, 12:11 PM
(13-05-2014 12:05 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(13-05-2014 11:54 AM)War Horse Wrote:  LOL,it isnt just the geeks, ever listen to a group of mechanics, machinists or drag racers talk ?

Although pretty good with mechanical stuff, there are times when my husband is talking about mechanic things and cars that my eyes glaze over. After all these years, he finally realizes when I have hit that "I have no clue what you are babbling about stage" and he either stops or decides he must explain it...which is worse.

He just needs to use more mathematics in the explanation. Smile

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
13-05-2014, 12:31 PM
(13-05-2014 12:11 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(13-05-2014 12:05 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Although pretty good with mechanical stuff, there are times when my husband is talking about mechanic things and cars that my eyes glaze over. After all these years, he finally realizes when I have hit that "I have no clue what you are babbling about stage" and he either stops or decides he must explain it...which is worse.

He just needs to use more mathematics in the explanation. Smile

LOL!! too funny…just happened here.
He said the interview went ok, started explaining binary trees and adding 2 because of integer math and my eyes glossed at that exact moment.

I didn't hear anything after that.Cool

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 2 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
13-05-2014, 12:38 PM
(13-05-2014 12:31 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  
(13-05-2014 12:11 PM)Chas Wrote:  He just needs to use more mathematics in the explanation. Smile

LOL!! too funny…just happened here.
He said the interview went ok, started explaining binary trees and adding 2 because of integer math and my eyes glossed at that exact moment.

I didn't hear anything after that.Cool

This is why I've stopped explaining what went wrong with someone's computer after I've fixed it.

This brings me to my latest first world problem...

Nobody understands even the most basic thing about computers and think it's a magic box that I can wave a wand over and fix, or I can just randomly smash my fingers into the keyboard and write a program that is technologically impossible. "You're the computer expert, you figure it out." is NOT a magic cure all to impossible problems. Just because the basis of the technology, and therefore its limits, is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean that ANYTHING is possible. Telling a computer person to "just figure it out" when demanding something impossible is like telling a doctor to "just heal them" in regards to a terminally ill patient.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 1 user Likes itsnotmeitsyou's post
13-05-2014, 01:24 PM
My GPA is going to plummet. I passed my business class......with a C! Angry

The thing is: I was making an A in that class for the entire semester. I got a B on the final, and a C on the final project. Everyone else FAILED the final project, and I passed it with a high C.

But somehow all of this math adds up to a "C" for the entire semester? I'm going to have to wait until the final itemized list is published, then I might have to contest my grade if something doesn't match up. This just doesn't seem right, for realz.

THIS USER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. THANK YOU, AND HAVE A GREAT DAY! http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...a-few-days