What is your latest first world problem ?

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.67 Average
15-07-2014, 02:56 PM
RE: What is your latest first world problem ?
(15-07-2014 02:53 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(15-07-2014 02:50 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Yes.

Just never feed them after midnight.

In which timezone? Drinking Beverage

Local solar nadir.

That's what gives people so many problems; they don't realize how that varies from the clock time.

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-07-2014, 03:10 PM
(15-07-2014 02:56 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(15-07-2014 02:53 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  In which timezone? Drinking Beverage

Local solar nadir.

That's what gives people so many problems; they don't realize how that varies from the clock time.

Plus isn't it always after midnight?

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
15-07-2014, 04:29 PM
(15-07-2014 03:10 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(15-07-2014 02:56 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Local solar nadir.

Plus isn't it always after midnight?

Death is too good for you. I'm driving up I-70 and grabbing your ass for shipment to New Zealand where you can be MuffinStuffin's boy toy. Angry

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
15-07-2014, 04:47 PM
(15-07-2014 11:01 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(15-07-2014 08:36 AM)Colourcraze Wrote:  Exactly! Somebody make it and just credit me with royalties Tongue

The problem is that it's not a tractable problem.

Bad vision is caused when the eye lens can't focus incident rays onto the retina properly; near/farsightedness being when it works for some incident angles but not others.

In theory it's possible to bend the outgoing light rays from the screen in such a way as to compensate for the eye's inability to bend them properly.

But it's impossible to "fix" with software; a monitor can't bend light. So what you'd need is some sort of variable optical density interface fitted over the hardware . Basically a big adjustable lens over the screen itself... which would be really finicky, really complicated, and really expensive.

But in theory it's possible!
Big Grin

It's just that by the time such a thing would be practical we'll probably be able to grow new eyes in a jar anyway.

I would like to sign up for new eyes, please.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
15-07-2014, 06:41 PM
(13-07-2014 04:17 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  Got a text from someone saying they "can't wait until Wednesday" and something about fucking all night. Turns out the girl in my shower had the same phone as me. So my dinner plans are now off.

You should have responded with something like "I just got my test results back...we need to talk."

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 2 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
15-07-2014, 07:14 PM
(15-07-2014 04:47 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(15-07-2014 11:01 AM)cjlr Wrote:  The problem is that it's not a tractable problem.

Bad vision is caused when the eye lens can't focus incident rays onto the retina properly; near/farsightedness being when it works for some incident angles but not others.

In theory it's possible to bend the outgoing light rays from the screen in such a way as to compensate for the eye's inability to bend them properly.

But it's impossible to "fix" with software; a monitor can't bend light. So what you'd need is some sort of variable optical density interface fitted over the hardware . Basically a big adjustable lens over the screen itself... which would be really finicky, really complicated, and really expensive.

But in theory it's possible!
Big Grin

It's just that by the time such a thing would be practical we'll probably be able to grow new eyes in a jar anyway.

I would like to sign up for new eyes, please.

Sign me up too.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
22-07-2014, 04:42 AM
Nocturnal sleeping habits
22-07-2014, 05:19 AM
Finding time to do productive things.
Between video games, sleeping, watching TV shows (started watching Mad Men, love it), watching movies, dicking around and twiddling my thumbs it doesn't leave much time for doing productive things.
It's tough.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
22-07-2014, 05:59 AM
Within the next 48 hours, I'm going to have to write at least five essays, three of which will be done within a three hour time-frame; the other two will be within a four-hour time-frame, but will have to be done after a full biology test probably giving me less than an hour for each.

Fuckin' First World education.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
22-07-2014, 05:12 PM
I didn't know my friends were supposed to choose my other friends for me. Like, excuse me? I'm pretty sure this is my life, not yours. Dodgy