What is your latest first world problem ?

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.67 Average
04-08-2014, 11:19 PM
RE: What is your latest first world problem ?
I stayed up too late playing video games, and now tomorrow morning's gonna be rough...

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 11:49 PM
(04-08-2014 11:19 PM)cjlr Wrote:  I stayed up too late playing video games, and now tomorrow morning's gonna be rough...

I'm already there, and boy is it rough. Bastard.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
05-08-2014, 02:13 AM
I'm playing Wolfenstein: The New Order right now and there is no option to join the Nazis. I'm forced to play as an American and kill my beloved brothers. Weeping

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
05-08-2014, 05:43 AM
There's a Q&A being held for university hopefuls tomorrow and it looks like nobody has the time to get me there...
Weeping

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
05-08-2014, 06:43 AM
I do not expect religion or politics or borders to go away, people will always flock to like minded people. Having said that the world's biggest problem is tribalism being a priority. Our species needs to focus on climate change, pollution and poverty. And figuring out a meteor defense system for the planet.

We are not a separate species. I hate all concepts of setting up social pecking orders in the concepts of "religious nationalism" FROM ANY RELIGION. I think that shit needs to stop. It wastes human resources and divides humanity.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-08-2014, 10:16 AM
We're having a technician from our internet service provider arrive tomorrow. It's been dropping a lot lately. A former friend I once roleplayed with thought of the term "log in window-sex" a few years ago when a roleplayer would enter and leave the chat window several times in under a minute. I can't say the idea is too inaccurate when you have to describe a certain situation.

"Uh. My connection is going down then up.. down then up.." Dodgy sigh
05-08-2014, 05:23 PM
We recently bought new blinds, the ones in the bedroom had a couple slats break and fall out. It'd been like that quite some time Confused

Now that we have new ones... I tell ya... It's dang inconvenient to not be able to just glance out the broken blinds to see if our garage door is closed Dodgy I have to actually walk up to the blinds and peek through Facepalm

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
06-08-2014, 09:24 PM
I can never fall asleep easy when I'm at a new place. It always takes me a long time to adjust. Drove up to my friend's apartment where I will stay until I can afford my new place and we went to bed really early because we're waking up really early. Though I didnt sleep well last night, I can't fall asleep now because all I hear are the crickets and the neighboring apartment's tv and someone talking over there (no they're not being that loud but even little noises can keep me up) and I'm on a couch because a car issue popped up so they couldn't afford a bed (i think i might just buy it they were going to keep it after I left but if I need a bed when I move anyways) so I'm in the living room so yeah and I think this is a run on sentence which I think means I'm getting sleepy again which I hope means I can fall asleep. If I pass out soon I might get 3 more hours of sleep! Woo!

[Image: notagain.gif]
06-08-2014, 09:35 PM
(06-08-2014 09:24 PM)Miss Suzanne Wrote:  I can never fall asleep easy when I'm at a new place. It always takes me a long time to adjust. Drove up to my friend's apartment where I will stay until I can afford my new place and we went to bed really early because we're waking up really early. Though I didnt sleep well last night, I can't fall asleep now because all I hear are the crickets and the neighboring apartment's tv and someone talking over there (no they're not being that loud but even little noises can keep me up) and I'm on a couch because a car issue popped up so they couldn't afford a bed (i think i might just buy it they were going to keep it after I left but if I need a bed when I move anyways) so I'm in the living room so yeah and I think this is a run on sentence which I think means I'm getting sleepy again which I hope means I can fall asleep. If I pass out soon I might get 3 more hours of sleep! Woo!

Try running a fan or some low ambient music till you get used to the new sounds. We moved from a teeny, tiny town out in the country and near a highway where semis passed a lot to a subdivision with the houses very near each other. I had to get used to more traffic, more dogs in close, sirens, train whistles, and life flight choppers. I adapted pretty quickly but 8 years later my husband still listens to a continual loop of thunderstorms on a clock I bought back when I used to travel for work. Then I had to have something to be used to hotel noises.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
06-08-2014, 11:53 PM
I have too much time and too many things I want to do. Sucks, dude.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.