What is your latest first world problem ?

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.67 Average
26-08-2014, 11:04 AM
RE: What is your latest first world problem ?
After sitting through 8 paid hours of intra aortic ballon pump class yesterday, 4 paid hours of arrhythmia class last week, and 4 paid hours of arrhythmia class today all at a medical center attached to an Ivy League university, I am bored out of my fucking skull and ready to get back to work.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
26-08-2014, 11:10 AM
(26-08-2014 09:35 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(26-08-2014 07:44 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  You can probably just change the frequency to match or whatever.

Try soaking it in warm water.

Go with the one that pays more.

Park at the top of a hill.

Muffs, solving people's problems since 1991.

It's been soaking in soapy water overnight and it's worse now. It's a stainless steel bowl and I really don't want to scrape it with a sharp object, that defies the purpose of getting steel.

Lighter fluid, acetone, or

[Image: 300.jpg]

or

[Image: 0902BP_smallerHero.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
26-08-2014, 11:53 AM
(26-08-2014 07:17 AM)Dom Wrote:  Bought a new dog bowl. It has a huge sticker in the bottom with product info. I can't get the damn thing off! It is now a big mess of glue and paper. Why, oh why do they do this? There are other ways to make things stick - ways that let you peel it off!

Rubbing alcohol or nail polish remover works too....I've even used hand sanitizer!

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 3 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
26-08-2014, 01:21 PM
The summer is almost over and I'm back in Nova Scotia (where I spend most of my year), but there wasn't enough room in my bag for Morrowind, so now I have to wait a week for my mother and brother to bring it back with them.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
26-08-2014, 01:44 PM
I just made myself look like a fucking retard trying to get a soda out of a vending machine.
26-08-2014, 01:45 PM
(26-08-2014 01:44 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  I just made myself look like a fucking retard trying to get a soda out of a vending machine.

I am the worst with vending machines.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
26-08-2014, 01:57 PM
(26-08-2014 01:45 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  
(26-08-2014 01:44 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  I just made myself look like a fucking retard trying to get a soda out of a vending machine.

I am the worst with vending machines.

Fuck vending machines. The drink was jammed in a position that I had to do yoga to actually remove it from the little bottle bin.
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post
26-08-2014, 04:00 PM
(26-08-2014 01:57 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(26-08-2014 01:45 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  I am the worst with vending machines.

Fuck vending machines. The drink was jammed in a position that I had to do yoga to actually remove it from the little bottle bin.

Doesn't matter, had soda Cool

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
26-08-2014, 05:04 PM
(26-08-2014 09:35 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(26-08-2014 07:44 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  You can probably just change the frequency to match or whatever.

Try soaking it in warm water.

Go with the one that pays more.

Park at the top of a hill.

Muffs, solving people's problems since 1991.

It's been soaking in soapy water overnight and it's worse now. It's a stainless steel bowl and I really don't want to scrape it with a sharp object, that defies the purpose of getting steel.

Nail polish/make-up remover? I don't know what that's like on stainless steal though.

[Image: oscar.png]
26-08-2014, 05:13 PM
(26-08-2014 05:04 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(26-08-2014 09:35 AM)Dom Wrote:  It's been soaking in soapy water overnight and it's worse now. It's a stainless steel bowl and I really don't want to scrape it with a sharp object, that defies the purpose of getting steel.

Nail polish/make-up remover? I don't know what that's like on stainless steal though.

The active ingredient in nail polish remover is acetone. She's good Thumbsup
http://www.ehow.com/how_5900853_use-acet...steel.html

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta