What is your latest first world problem ?

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.67 Average
09-09-2014, 08:06 PM
RE: What is your latest first world problem ?
(09-09-2014 08:02 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  
(09-09-2014 07:52 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  The timer on my oven broke!
Now I gotta actually watch the clock, and keep up with cook time, myself Angry

My microwave has a timer function, check yours.

Have you ever tried to warm a frozen pizza in the microwave? Rainbow Vomit

I gotta use the oven Tongue

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-09-2014, 08:17 PM
(09-09-2014 08:06 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(09-09-2014 08:02 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  My microwave has a timer function, check yours.

No silly! Put the pizza in the oven, and set a timer on the microwave you goof!! Laugh out load Tongue

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 3 users Like Smercury44's post
09-09-2014, 08:21 PM
Seriously, LMAO! Oh Gully! Laugh out loadLaugh out load

Can't breathe.

Microwaves cook food, and some have clocks, and some have timers that can be used for anything, not just cooking in the mic.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 2 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
09-09-2014, 08:27 PM
(09-09-2014 08:17 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(09-09-2014 08:06 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Have you ever tried to warm a frozen pizza in the microwave? Rainbow Vomit

No silly! Put the pizza in the oven, and set a timer on the microwave you goof!! Laugh out load Tongue

You know how us coastal elites look down on anyone in fly-over country? This is why.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 4 users Like Revenant77x's post
09-09-2014, 08:29 PM
Or, you could put a bowl of water in the microwave for the same time that you need your pizza to cook in the oven. When the microwave dings that it's done, I'm betting your pizza will be too. Thumbsup

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
09-09-2014, 08:51 PM
(09-09-2014 08:17 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(09-09-2014 08:06 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Have you ever tried to warm a frozen pizza in the microwave? Rainbow Vomit

I.... never thought of that.... GULEY AINT DUM Angry Weeping
Laugh out load
[edit] Got cooked anyway so Tongue

10-09-2014, 12:27 AM
(09-09-2014 08:06 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(09-09-2014 08:02 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  My microwave has a timer function, check yours.

We tried cooking frozen pizza in a convection oven. Somehow it liquefied. I read online that baked goods don't work in convection without some sort of stone to absorb the heat and distribute it.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
10-09-2014, 12:39 AM (This post was last modified: 10-09-2014 12:43 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(10-09-2014 12:27 AM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  

We tried cooking frozen pizza in a convection oven. Somehow it liquefied. I read online that baked goods don't work in convection without some sort of stone to absorb the heat and distribute it.

They use convection ovens in professional settings, because they can heat up a lot of food very fast. They use them in Arby's restaurants to cook their big chunks of roast beef, which goes from the refrigerated cooler to the slicer in less than 2 hours. Our convection oven could do that to 8 roasts at a time. It baked chocolate chip cookies in under 10 minutes. Blink

But yeah, if you put frozen pizza straight on the rack in a convection over, you're gonna have a bad time. Invest in a pizza stone. They also make more traditional and larger square stones, great for making other things, and especially for baking bread.

[Image: preheat-pizza-stone.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
10-09-2014, 11:36 AM
(10-09-2014 12:39 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(10-09-2014 12:27 AM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  We tried cooking frozen pizza in a convection oven. Somehow it liquefied. I read online that baked goods don't work in convection without some sort of stone to absorb the heat and distribute it.

They use convection ovens in professional settings, because they can heat up a lot of food very fast. They use them in Arby's restaurants to cook their big chunks of roast beef, which goes from the refrigerated cooler to the slicer in less than 2 hours. Our convection oven could do that to 8 roasts at a time. It baked chocolate chip cookies in under 10 minutes. Blink

But yeah, if you put frozen pizza straight on the rack in a convection over, you're gonna have a bad time. Invest in a pizza stone. They also make more traditional and larger square stones, great for making other things, and especially for baking bread.

[Image: preheat-pizza-stone.jpg]

Yup! That's the thingy I read about. Alas our convection oven is a countertop model about the size to hold a single small chicken or roast and not much more. Not a full range oven like is shown there.

Ours is quite similar to this:

[Image: oven-main.jpg]

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
10-09-2014, 11:40 AM
Spent a half hour this morning with hard contractions. Oh my goodness. O.o