What is your latest first world problem ?

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.67 Average
28-09-2014, 12:03 AM
RE: What is your latest first world problem ?
(27-09-2014 11:59 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Nice! ^^

[Image: a0e85e290a04ab151a170cb5c4dd228d.jpg]

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Logisch's post
28-09-2014, 05:22 AM
Love that movie.

[Image: oscar.png]
28-09-2014, 06:40 PM
I can't get my new tablet to switch windows with the swipe of my hand
29-09-2014, 07:45 PM
I went shopping and could not find an ATM belonging to my bank so I had to pay $2.50 to extract my money from a different ATM.

And for a double whammy; I later found out that there is indeed an ATM belonging to my bank, it just was outside of the complex I was standing in.

And for a triple whammy: one part of my shopping was a new 360 controller. My family is particularly bad with keeping batteries, so I got myself a small private reserve for use in the new controller.
It came with batteries.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
30-09-2014, 12:58 AM
(29-09-2014 07:45 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  I went shopping and could not find an ATM belonging to my bank so I had to pay $2.50 to extract my money from a different ATM.

And for a double whammy; I later found out that there is indeed an ATM belonging to my bank, it just was outside of the complex I was standing in.

And for a triple whammy: one part of my shopping was a new 360 controller. My family is particularly bad with keeping batteries, so I got myself a small private reserve for use in the new controller.
It came with batteries.

You can never have too many batteries.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
30-09-2014, 02:19 AM
Update:
For yet another hit on the first world problems train: I went to the shops again to buy a new phone and some provisions; I had to withdraw money again so my mother and I went hunting for the ATM supposedly in residence at the shopping centre. We could not find it so I withdrew money once again from another bank's ATM, losing $2 in the process as a fee.

We then found the ATM I should have been using...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
30-09-2014, 02:25 AM
(30-09-2014 02:19 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Update:
For yet another hit on the first world problems train: I went to the shops again to buy a new phone and some provisions; I had to withdraw money again so my mother and I went hunting for the ATM supposedly in residence at the shopping centre. We could not find it so I withdrew money once again from another bank's ATM, losing $2 in the process as a fee.

Why on earth are you not just using your card at the shop rather than withdrawing cash?

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
30-09-2014, 02:28 AM
(30-09-2014 02:25 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(30-09-2014 02:19 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Update:

Why on earth are you not just using your card at the shop rather than withdrawing cash?

I personally prefer to use physical money.
Plus... not sure if I can use a bank card at shops, it's not a credit card, after all...

30-09-2014, 02:43 AM
(30-09-2014 02:28 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(30-09-2014 02:25 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Why on earth are you not just using your card at the shop rather than withdrawing cash?

I personally prefer to use physical money.
Plus... not sure if I can use a bank card at shops, it's not a credit card, after all...

If the card has a credit card logo (Visa Amex) then it can be used at Point Of Purchase exactly like a credit card. It's faster, more convenient, and would have negated all those fees you racked up (btw you may get double billed some banks charge for foreign atm use) be worth checking out.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
30-09-2014, 02:57 AM
(30-09-2014 02:43 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(30-09-2014 02:28 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I personally prefer to use physical money.

If the card has a credit card logo (Visa Amex) then it can be used at Point Of Purchase exactly like a credit card. It's faster, more convenient, and would have negated all those fees you racked up (btw you may get double billed some banks charge for foreign atm use) be worth checking out.

Yeah, no.

It's just your average everyday bank card; no credit.