What is your latest first world problem ?

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4.33 Average
24-10-2013, 03:37 PM
RE: What is your latest first world problem ?
They keep trying to give me actual work to do. Cant I just keep doing this 2-3 hours of work over the span of an 8 hour shift? But noooo... And then my TTA time eats into my GTA:V time.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
24-10-2013, 03:45 PM
(24-10-2013 03:18 PM)sporehux Wrote:  
(24-10-2013 01:19 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  What about us who don't live in the first world?

You've got internet and enough spare time to be hanging out in forums.
If it quacks ?

Point taken.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 1 user Likes Slowminded's post
24-10-2013, 03:47 PM
My iPhone decided to start muse ring (muse ring really autocorrect that is the best you could do??) ***murdering*** chargers. After a couple of weeks of using the same charger it will not charge my phone anymore. It will still charge other people's phones but just not mine. At first I would just trade my charger to a friend who also has an iPhone, now I am running out of friends who have iPhones who don't already have a charger that my phone already murdered. I could get a new phone but I have like 1700+ pictures and videos in this phone and I am too lazy to transfer them. Ugh. :'( poor me it is so hard to be American.

I have laughed, in bitterness and agony of heart, at the contrast between what I seem and what I am!
Nathaniel Hawthorne
24-10-2013, 04:08 PM
I can't figure out how to start my car. Where's the keyhole and how come this thingie don't look like a key? ... Ah fuck it, I don't like to drive anyway. Censored

Breathing - it's more art than science.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
24-10-2013, 04:11 PM
(24-10-2013 03:09 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  My DirecTV remote/DVR has a delay between pressing the buttons and the channel actually changing, and the recordings are too numerous. It torments my wife to no end!
This sends me into a rage on an almost daily basis.

Now mine: I have slow internet, so when I want to download new podcasts, I like to set them to download while I sleep. I often forget to set them to download before bed. It ruins my day to wake up without new podcasts to listen to while I work.
24-10-2013, 04:16 PM
(24-10-2013 04:11 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(24-10-2013 03:09 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  My DirecTV remote/DVR has a delay between pressing the buttons and the channel actually changing, and the recordings are too numerous. It torments my wife to no end!
This sends me into a rage on an almost daily basis.

Now mine: I have slow internet, so when I want to download new podcasts, I like to set them to download while I sleep. I often forget to set them to download before bed. It ruins my day to wake up without new podcasts to listen to while I work.
What's the standard speed in US/Canada if that's where you are from?

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
24-10-2013, 04:30 PM
(24-10-2013 04:16 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  What's the standard speed in US/Canada if that's where you are from?
HuhBlush
I'm really sorry, I have no idea, lol I'm ok with computers, but not great. Weeping
24-10-2013, 04:47 PM
(24-10-2013 04:30 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(24-10-2013 04:16 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  What's the standard speed in US/Canada if that's where you are from?
HuhBlush
I'm really sorry, I have no idea, lol I'm ok with computers, but not great. Weeping

Laughat

http://www.speedtest.net/
single click from there

you should know what you are paying for

24-10-2013, 04:56 PM
Holy crap, this looks bad... Ping 58ms, download .87 Mbps, upload .46 Mbps. No idea what any of this means, but it was really low on the gauge. In all fairness, I only pay $40 a month compared to over $100 that I've heard from others, and for the most part I'm happy with the speed, never waiting long for much, I've had slower. And never an interruption to service (except for power outages).

Thanks!!
24-10-2013, 05:07 PM
Canadian internet is quite a ripoff. Its more expensive, and you get less of everything. My Bell DSL download is about 16mb/s while upload is a ridiculous 0.7 mb/s. About 6 months ago I went unlimited, before that I had a 50gb(?) cap. Ping is okay, but it depends on location being pinged...

Oh, and I guess the ISOhunt shutdown is another of my 1st world problems.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  World War III elegant_atheist 51 454 24-07-2014 02:42 AM
Last Post: Revenant77x
  World Body Painting Championships Full Circle 7 177 09-07-2014 01:51 AM
Last Post: germanyt
  The World Through Atheist Goggles. lucradis 108 9,857 23-05-2014 02:10 AM
Last Post: Shadow Fox
  [split] What is your latest first world problem ? Alex_Leonardo 24 172 20-05-2014 12:50 PM
Last Post: Alex_Leonardo
  Oldest living things in the world dancefortwo 11 173 28-03-2014 10:36 AM
Last Post: EvolutionKills
  Critical thinking exercise problem BlackMason 8 164 28-03-2014 08:09 AM
Last Post: BlackMason
  It's The End of the World As We Know It (and I feel fine) Can_of_Beans 5 178 30-11-2013 03:15 PM
Last Post: morondog