What is your latest first world problem ?

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.67 Average
17-10-2014, 10:49 PM
RE: What is your latest first world problem ?
The new episode of Legend of Korra is out on nick.com but the damn video keeps stopping every 4 mins. Seriously...if you're gonna move your damn awesome series exclusively on-line make sure it works damn it!

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-10-2014, 01:50 AM
(17-10-2014 10:43 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  I've been saving up to buy a new iPad, cause mine is starting to crap out a little, and soon I won't be able to do updates on it. Realized today that not only will I have enough to buy one next month, but that a brand new one has been released!

Talked to my husband about it, cause even though I did save all the money, I like to be open about large purchases. He kept acting like I shouldn't buy it Undecided so, I kept pressing, and he was like, "fine, go ahead Dodgy ". Of course I asked what gives?! Huh .... It was going to be my big Christmas present Weeping I ruined it! I feel awful now Sadcryface

I actually got my girlfriend an Acer Iconia One 7 tablet for her birthday and Christmas that she will be getting early because her old tablet broke (some cheap POS 'TravelTek' thing). That and it's a $160 tablet that I got for $79 on Newegg with my Premiere membership. So as soon as it gets here I'm going to open it up, make sure it works, and put in a spare Micro-SD card I have to double it's storage. Then I'm going to install some music and games on it, and once I'm convinced everything is a-okay with it and I don't have to return it, then I'll give it to her as a surprise.

She keeps telling me not to get her anything expensive. So I figured $80 ought to cover her November birthday and Christmas. Tongue

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
18-10-2014, 02:01 AM
(18-10-2014 01:50 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(17-10-2014 10:43 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  I've been saving up to buy a new iPad, cause mine is starting to crap out a little, and soon I won't be able to do updates on it. Realized today that not only will I have enough to buy one next month, but that a brand new one has been released!

Talked to my husband about it, cause even though I did save all the money, I like to be open about large purchases. He kept acting like I shouldn't buy it Undecided so, I kept pressing, and he was like, "fine, go ahead Dodgy ". Of course I asked what gives?! Huh .... It was going to be my big Christmas present Weeping I ruined it! I feel awful now Sadcryface

I actually got my girlfriend an Acer Iconia One 7 tablet for her birthday and Christmas that she will be getting early because her old tablet broke (some cheap POS 'TravelTek' thing). That and it's a $160 tablet that I got for $79 on Newegg with my Premiere membership. So as soon as it gets here I'm going to open it up, make sure it works, and put in a spare Micro-SD card I have to double it's storage. Then I'm going to install some music and games on it, and once I'm convinced everything is a-okay with it and I don't have to return it, then I'll give it to her as a surprise.

She keeps telling me not to get her anything expensive. So I figured $80 ought to cover her November birthday and Christmas. Tongue

That's so awesome!! You're such a thoughtful boyfriend Heart I know I'd be happy beyond beleif to get a gift like that. I'll bet she's gunna love it Big Grin

I would love to shop around for cheaper/better tablets, but I've got all my apps thru apple. I'd have to buy them all again, and start over completely if I went with something else Weeping

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
18-10-2014, 02:08 AM (This post was last modified: 18-10-2014 02:25 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(18-10-2014 02:01 AM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(18-10-2014 01:50 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I actually got my girlfriend an Acer Iconia One 7 tablet for her birthday and Christmas that she will be getting early because her old tablet broke (some cheap POS 'TravelTek' thing). That and it's a $160 tablet that I got for $79 on Newegg with my Premiere membership. So as soon as it gets here I'm going to open it up, make sure it works, and put in a spare Micro-SD card I have to double it's storage. Then I'm going to install some music and games on it, and once I'm convinced everything is a-okay with it and I don't have to return it, then I'll give it to her as a surprise.

That's so awesome!! You're such a thoughtful boyfriend Heart I know I'd be happy beyond beleif to get a gift like that. I'll bet she's gunna love it Big Grin

I would love to shop around for cheaper/better tablets, but I've got all my apps thru apple. I'd have to buy them all again, and start over completely if I went with something else Weeping

As long as it has the Google basics (it's running Android 'Jelly Bean'), and some Flogging Molly and a copy of Plague Inc., she'll be happy with it right out 'of the box'. Also found a pink case for it (yes, she honestly loves hot pink, so I'm not stereotyping here), but it has to ship out of frickin' Asia (5-15 days). But it was $8 with free shipping, so hopefully she doesn't break it between now and then. Tongue

[Image: 02faad80-79f0-4449-a53d-2c6cb75605ce.jpg.w960.jpg]

[Image: A2T2_130484183195618640HxXOew1sFt.jpg]

Hopefully it doesn't take that long. I ordered a pair of retro Super Nintendo USB controllers so that we could retro game together (also out of Asia, with 5-15 days free shipping). Actually, now I need to see if they make SNES game emulators for Android, and look into getting a Micro-USB-to-regular-USB adapter... Consider

[Image: A5B5_130574143059531250FpX71vVWTn.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
18-10-2014, 07:23 AM
(18-10-2014 01:50 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  She keeps telling me not to get her anything expensive.

You need to learn that that isn't to be taken literally. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-10-2014, 08:11 AM
I can't log into Facebook or my email on this computer, but can do it on my Mom's. Am I being blocked?! All it does on this one is say "This page cannot be displayed." It's done it for a week now.

Angry

I also had no results (so they say) from my MRI. No brain damage? Yeah right.
Dodgy

I do not think it's in perfect health! Now we have to find a neurologist. I have no idea what they are supposed to do. I don't want to do this talk about my feelings BS again, because that's not the problem.
18-10-2014, 10:26 AM
I spread myself a bit thin this week... Feeling it :/

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
18-10-2014, 01:03 PM
No Wi-Fi here and high data fees in Canada... How the hell am I supposed to watch Netflix for even a small portion of a 12 hour shift? What do they expect me to do, work?

'Murican Canadian
18-10-2014, 01:10 PM
Figuring out what to wear for a date tonight. He's hot and all, but not even sure if I'm up for dating right now. Undecided

Be true to yourself. Heart
18-10-2014, 01:12 PM
(18-10-2014 01:10 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Figuring out what to wear for a date tonight. He's hot and all, but not even sure if I'm up for dating right now. Undecided

Go on a date with me instead. Wink
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post