What is your latest first world problem ?

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.67 Average
19-10-2014, 10:23 PM
RE: What is your latest first world problem ?
(19-10-2014 06:48 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(18-10-2014 09:25 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  'Thoughtful' trumps 'expensive' you old codger. Wink

And if it doesn't, well, sad day for you? Consider

You young whippersnappers just don't listen to the wisdom of experience. Facepalm

Chas, that is so very, very, sad... No

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-10-2014, 11:25 PM
I can never bothered to learn what the C and CE buttons on calculators are for, so I have to hit them both every time I want to start over.

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
19-10-2014, 11:50 PM
(19-10-2014 11:25 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  I can never bothered to learn what the C and CE buttons on calculators are for, so I have to hit them both every time I want to start over.

C = Clear - For use when you make a single mistake. Say you meant to add 14 and accidentally hit 15, you can clear the 15 and enter it again without loosing the previous values you were adding to.

CE = Clear Everything - Starting from scratch.

When they are combined into one button (C/CE), one press is Clear and a double press is a Clear Everything.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
20-10-2014, 06:41 AM
"Need" a new tomahawk but I can't decide which...

This one because of its superiority as a tool for breaching, emergency extraction, cutting wood, and all the other things I'm most likely to actually need it for:
http://www.rmjtactical.com/eagle-talon-tomahawk/
[Image: Eagle_Talon_Black__95003.1405318586.380.380.jpg?c=2]

Or

This one because it's better suited for close quarters combat, though mostly just because it looks cool:
http://www.rmjtactical.com/berserker-tomahawk/
[Image: Berserker_Tan__96171.1405318610.380.380.jpg?c=2]

Either one is more than capable of shredding a wooden door or a car door.

'Murican Canadian
20-10-2014, 06:46 AM
(19-10-2014 11:50 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(19-10-2014 11:25 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  I can never bothered to learn what the C and CE buttons on calculators are for, so I have to hit them both every time I want to start over.

C = Clear - For use when you make a single mistake. Say you meant to add 14 and accidentally hit 15, you can clear the 15 and enter it again without loosing the previous values you were adding to.

CE = Clear Everything - Starting from scratch.

When they are combined into one button (C/CE), one press is Clear and a double press is a Clear Everything.

Umm.....

CE = Clear Entry (clear last value entered)

C = Clear (everything)

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
20-10-2014, 12:03 PM
(20-10-2014 06:41 AM)yakherder Wrote:  "Need" a new tomahawk but I can't decide which...

This one because of its superiority as a tool for breaching, emergency extraction, cutting wood, and all the other things I'm most likely to actually need it for:
http://www.rmjtactical.com/eagle-talon-tomahawk/
[Image: Eagle_Talon_Black__95003.1405318586.380.380.jpg?c=2]

Or

This one because it's better suited for close quarters combat, though mostly just because it looks cool:
http://www.rmjtactical.com/berserker-tomahawk/
[Image: Berserker_Tan__96171.1405318610.380.380.jpg?c=2]

Either one is more than capable of shredding a wooden door or a car door.

What are you planning to use it for? Personally I'd try to get an accurate replica of a museum piece, but if you're going to be putting it to heavy use you'd want to get something which is fireman grade.

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
20-10-2014, 02:03 PM
I ordered the entire series of "Breaking Bad" used on DVD from Amazon with Birthday Gift cards. I planned to binge watch the first season this weekend, but when I put in the last DVD to watch the final episode, the disk was wrong. I had 2 Disk 1s and no Disk 3 Angry

So, I had to skip ahead and start watching Season 2 while I wait for Disk 3 to arrive. I have seen it before, but it was years ago, and I don't remember how Season 1 ended.
20-10-2014, 02:59 PM
(20-10-2014 12:03 PM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  What are you planning to use it for? Personally I'd try to get an accurate replica of a museum piece, but if you're going to be putting it to heavy use you'd want to get something which is fireman grade.

Multi use. I want something I can put on my ruck sack or belt that won't add too much to my overall load for chopping wood out in the boonies or emergency extraction from a damaged vehicle. I'd also keep it in my car or take it camping for the same reasons. Either way it will definitely receive heavy use, and has to be able to quickly go through a blocked building door or damaged vehicle door.

There are ones I can get for around $100 that will effectively serve the same purpose, but I want a high end RMJ tomahawk, hence the "1st world problem."

'Murican Canadian
20-10-2014, 03:06 PM
I missed out of a sale, now I need to spend a lot again to get some stuff I need...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
20-10-2014, 03:07 PM
The WC related threads. Smartass