What is your latest first world problem ?

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.67 Average
14-11-2014, 01:22 PM
RE: What is your latest first world problem ?
Kids high school made the playoff, band is traveling to the away game. It is going to be around 40 at kick off. That is cold for around here.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-11-2014, 07:55 PM
Another overnight shift, 3 portable electronic devices with which to entertain myself, only 1 charger and the closest plugin doesn't quite reach where I need to be most of the night.

This will require some juggling if I am to avoid getting paid to be bored.

'Murican Canadian
14-11-2014, 08:48 PM
Trying to pack for a camping trip when I have never been before!! The money I have spent on gear could gave gotten me a couple nights in a nice hotel with running water and electricity.
[+] 3 users Like TN Skeptic's post
14-11-2014, 09:08 PM
(14-11-2014 08:48 PM)TN Skeptic Wrote:  Trying to pack for a camping trip when I have never been before!! The money I have spent on gear could gave gotten me a couple nights in a nice hotel with running water and electricity.

I know that feeling!! I am a hotel women married to a camping man.

Tent, air mattress, bedding, drinks, ice, food, ALL the stuff you need to make that food (this is the hardest part me me - remembering all that stuff), paper towels, garbage bags, a roll of toilet paper, matches, one of those long lighters to light a fire, lighter fluid, wood for burning, chairs for sitting around the fire, clothes, toiletries, cards games and a good book for the day time.... I think that's everything.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 2 users Like Smercury44's post
14-11-2014, 10:35 PM
(14-11-2014 09:08 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  I know that feeling!! I am a hotel women married to a camping man.

Tent, air mattress, bedding, drinks, ice, food, ALL the stuff you need to make that food (this is the hardest part me me - remembering all that stuff), paper towels, garbage bags, a roll of toilet paper, matches, one of those long lighters to light a fire, lighter fluid, wood for burning, chairs for sitting around the fire, clothes, toiletries, cards games and a good book for the day time.... I think that's everything.

Pffft! Facepalm

Beer, machete, sleeping bag. Everything else will be extracted from your surroundings or else you didn't need it in the first place. Dodgy

Tongue

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
14-11-2014, 10:49 PM
(14-11-2014 10:35 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(14-11-2014 09:08 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  I know that feeling!! I am a hotel women married to a camping man.

Pffft! Facepalm

Beer, machete, sleeping bag. Everything else will be extracted from your surroundings or else you didn't need it in the first place. Dodgy

Tongue

Laugh out load I had a feeling of hear that from somebody. Hey, for a hotel girl I think that's pretty minimal. At least I'm not one of those types with a huge ass camper with tv, ac, a toilet, and wifi Dodgy

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
14-11-2014, 11:12 PM
(14-11-2014 10:49 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Laugh out load I had a feeling of hear that from somebody. Hey, for a hotel girl I think that's pretty minimal. At least I'm not one of those types with a huge ass camper with tv, ac, a toilet, and wifi Dodgy

I dunno about bedding or chairs... that stuff... too heavy.

If I go camping I like to just have enough that I can carry. 2 man tent, sleeping bag, thin foam sleeping roll, change of clothes, fire, water, knife, torch, map (depending on whether or not I wanna get lost), food, rain gear, medical kit... You can be pretty comfy... Oh fuck I forgot coffee - never leave home without coffee...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
14-11-2014, 11:29 PM
(14-11-2014 11:12 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(14-11-2014 10:49 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Laugh out load I had a feeling of hear that from somebody. Hey, for a hotel girl I think that's pretty minimal. At least I'm not one of those types with a huge ass camper with tv, ac, a toilet, and wifi Dodgy

I dunno about bedding or chairs... that stuff... too heavy.

If I go camping I like to just have enough that I can carry. 2 man tent, sleeping bag, thin foam sleeping roll, change of clothes, fire, water, knife, torch, map (depending on whether or not I wanna get lost), food, rain gear, medical kit... You can be pretty comfy... Oh fuck I forgot coffee - never leave home without coffee...

What I meant by bedding was a sheet to cover the air matress, a blanket, and a pillow. All that can be stuffed into a garbage bag for easy carrying. Also with the chairs, just lawn chairs. You gotta have something to sit on Tongue

14-11-2014, 11:46 PM
Pretty much the same except minus the tent and plus a tomahawk and 550 paracord. For shelter, if it's even necessary, I just spread out my poncho and use some of the 550 to hang it over my sleeping bag, which has a waterproof liner to keep out moisture from below. Saves me from having to carry a tent, weighs a lot less, requires less setup space, saves time.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
15-11-2014, 03:42 AM
when you rely on "remember my password" for years and than you need to manually enter your password and you can't remember it...

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post