What is your latest first world problem ?

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.67 Average
01-12-2014, 06:48 AM
RE: What is your latest first world problem ?
(01-12-2014 01:10 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(30-11-2014 02:40 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  "streak-free shine", my ass!

Laughat

It pleases me greatly that you pointed that out.
You're a bit of alright morondog, you're a bit of alright...

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
01-12-2014, 06:59 AM

I hate cleaning products that do leave streaks, especially when they advertise not too! I now have an overwhelming compunction to endlessly clean my mirror until it is actually streak-free.

Additionally, I cannot follow my pseudo-OCD compulsion as I've run out of any wiping material with which to clean.

Micro-fiber cloth. Use one and you will never streak again.
01-12-2014, 07:10 AM
(01-12-2014 06:59 AM)Rik Wrote:  

I hate cleaning products that do leave streaks, especially when they advertise not too! I now have an overwhelming compunction to endlessly clean my mirror until it is actually streak-free.

Additionally, I cannot follow my pseudo-OCD compulsion as I've run out of any wiping material with which to clean.

Micro-fiber cloth. Use one and you will never streak again.

I never thought of that... Consider

Probably too impractical to work, since the mirror I was cleaning is about 1/2 - 2 meters tall and about half as long and there are two of them.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
01-12-2014, 07:24 AM
(01-12-2014 07:10 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(01-12-2014 06:59 AM)Rik Wrote:  Micro-fiber cloth. Use one and you will never streak again.

I never thought of that... Consider

Probably too impractical to work, since the mirror I was cleaning is about 1/2 - 2 meters tall and about half as long and there are two of them.

Ummmmm, it isn't the cloth that's micro, just the fibers. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
01-12-2014, 08:00 AM
(01-12-2014 07:24 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(01-12-2014 07:10 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I never thought of that... Consider

Ummmmm, it isn't the cloth that's micro, just the fibers. Drinking Beverage

I can only work with the material on have on hand as reference. Only micro-fibre thing I have is small and for glasses cleaning.
I don't have any idea where I'd find something similar of appropriate size. Consider

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
01-12-2014, 08:05 AM
(01-12-2014 08:00 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(01-12-2014 07:24 AM)Chas Wrote:  Ummmmm, it isn't the cloth that's micro, just the fibers. Drinking Beverage

I can only work with the material on have on hand as reference. Only micro-fibre thing I have is small and for glasses cleaning.
I don't have any idea where I'd find something similar of appropriate size. Consider

Easy-peasy.

Google is your friend.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-12-2014, 08:33 AM
(01-12-2014 08:05 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(01-12-2014 08:00 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I can only work with the material on have on hand as reference. Only micro-fibre thing I have is small and for glasses cleaning.

Easy-peasy.

Google is your friend.

A friend which frequently leads me astray, particularly in terms of merchandise vendors...

04-12-2014, 06:04 AM
Why do advent calendars scramble the order of the numbers? I don't wanna play hunt for #4, I just want my damn chocolate.

'Murican Canadian
04-12-2014, 06:06 AM
(04-12-2014 06:04 AM)yakherder Wrote:  Why do advent calendars scramble the order of the numbers? I don't wanna play hunt for #4, I just want my damn chocolate.
You don't have to do it in order, you get the same amount of chocolate either wayAngel

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
[+] 1 user Likes grizzlysnake's post
04-12-2014, 06:32 AM
I'm getting emails from online vendors almost daily, but I've yet to see any price cuts to anything on my watchlists...

I irrationally demand arbitrary 'season' price cuts!