What is your latest first world problem ?

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.67 Average
06-12-2014, 08:53 AM
RE: What is your latest first world problem ?
I missed a quiz deadline for the MOOC I'm taking >:| THEN I fucked up hybrid infertility for my essay and got marked off a bunch of points... I'll be lucky if I pass this (free, voluntary) course.

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-12-2014, 01:22 PM
(04-12-2014 08:35 PM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  I recently bought a Vance and Hines exhaust system and an Arlen Ness air intake for my softail. After I install them the fuel management system will need tuning. The best price I found for someone to tune it was just shy of $400 so I bought a tuner to do it myself for a little less than what it would cost to have someone do it for me.

It’s a nifty little device. You plug it into your bike and it reads the VIN number to determine make and model. Then you pair it with a phone via Bluetooth and select the correct modifications via pull down menus. The app then downloads the new map for the fuel system from the manufacturer’s database and flashes the ECM. Tuning complete.

The problem is that back in step one when the tuner reads the bike’s VIN it permanently pairs with it so it can’t be used on any other bikes. Fucking greedy ass manufacturer.

Actually bought my Super Glide Custom with the fuel pack already installed but it's good to know that I better really want it when I get another bike.

Liberty loving, gun owning Atheist. Don't worry it confuses the right as well.
[+] 1 user Likes aesirus's post
06-12-2014, 05:41 PM
I keep forgetting to put my groceries in the refrigerator when I get home.

Maybe next time I'll just set some money on fire and save myself a trip to the store. Dodgy

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 1 user Likes Can_of_Beans's post
07-12-2014, 12:21 PM
So many people don't know the US is not a Christian nation and try to legislate it as if it were.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
08-12-2014, 05:23 PM
My shirts seem to have shrunk in the wash again...

For a rather rotund gentleman such as myself who is well aware of himself, this is naturally quite the predicament.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
09-12-2014, 08:46 AM
People who wear leggings/spandex and they REALLY shouldn't be.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
10-12-2014, 02:37 AM
(09-12-2014 08:46 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  People who wear leggings/spandex and they REALLY shouldn't be.

[Image: 285236759_ONCE_AGAIN_PEOPLE...LEGGINGS_A..._PANTS.jpg]

[Image: cb553029950bec34fab6c15ccde12b3f.jpg]

[Image: leggings_are_not_pants2.png]

I love Google image search! Big Grin

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
10-12-2014, 03:52 AM
(06-12-2014 01:22 PM)aesirus Wrote:  
(04-12-2014 08:35 PM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  I recently bought a Vance and Hines exhaust system and an Arlen Ness air intake for my softail. After I install them the fuel management system will need tuning. The best price I found for someone to tune it was just shy of $400 so I bought a tuner to do it myself for a little less than what it would cost to have someone do it for me.

It’s a nifty little device. You plug it into your bike and it reads the VIN number to determine make and model. Then you pair it with a phone via Bluetooth and select the correct modifications via pull down menus. The app then downloads the new map for the fuel system from the manufacturer’s database and flashes the ECM. Tuning complete.

The problem is that back in step one when the tuner reads the bike’s VIN it permanently pairs with it so it can’t be used on any other bikes. Fucking greedy ass manufacturer.

Actually bought my Super Glide Custom with the fuel pack already installed but it's good to know that I better really want it when I get another bike.

Try rebuilding these...

[Image: $T2eC16FHJH8E9qSEUc7MBRb)Mr,)Mg~~60_35.JPG]

That's inline 4 setup of Keihin 34 mm Constant Vacuum carburetors from a 1993 Honda CB750 Nighthawk.

[Image: 1992HondaNighthawk750-2.jpg]

Took them out, rebuilt them, re-jetted them, re-installed them, and finally synced them. Nothing digital, all analog. Also replaced the sprockets and main drive chain while I had the bike apart. Also getting to the carburetors located at the back of the cylinders requires dismantling everything on the bike behind them (rear wheel, seat, air box, battery, all rear and side body panels, the tank, etc.). Thank goodness mine at least had a center stand.

That was a fun week...

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
10-12-2014, 05:53 PM
My internet connection is so bad today that i doubt i'll be able to stream anything on netflix. So i need to resort to DVD's like a caveman. Weeping

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 2 users Like FSM_scot's post
10-12-2014, 06:00 PM
(10-12-2014 02:37 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(09-12-2014 08:46 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  People who wear leggings/spandex and they REALLY shouldn't be.

[Image: 285236759_ONCE_AGAIN_PEOPLE...LEGGINGS_A..._PANTS.jpg]

[Image: cb553029950bec34fab6c15ccde12b3f.jpg]

[Image: leggings_are_not_pants2.png]

I love Google image search! Big Grin

That first image was TMI Hobo

[Image: 7cad36937ade5d6f0d91f5f6815f20df.jpg]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post