What is your latest first world problem ?

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.67 Average
19-12-2014, 04:51 PM
RE: What is your latest first world problem ?
(19-12-2014 04:51 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  did you know they make cotton candy flavoured alcohol

yes
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-12-2014, 07:27 PM
Re: What is your latest first world problem ?
I leave work. Fine. Then the boss calls me.

"Clockwork, dude, I hate to call you. How far away are you? We're completely offline and the tech guy says <gibberish from someone who literally cannot operate his phone>. I need for you to come back. The whole system is down."

Drive back. From his tone of voice and other details, I'm expecting a post-apocalyptic wasteland of discarded paperwork tumbling in the stale breeze and me having to fight my way through angry bands of criminals who have lost their humanity from being offline for an unthinkable eon.

I get there. Hm. DSL connection looks good. Lights are blinking. Router looks good. Other stuff checks out. Call the head help desk. Stephanie says yeah, you're online.

So Clockwork has to check out everything to see what might have caused the kraken-level hysteria.

ONE terminal was wonky. I do what I can. Can't do any more without the help desk's permission. Call. Guy there (new guy, no rapport) looks and says hold on. Connects via VNC, does a few things, and says OK.

Am I good?

"Yeah, everything looks good on our side."

Call the boss in his office. Everything is good. You sure you got that right?

<More gibberish, including something about our DSL modem being in "backup mode."> "Oh, Clockwork, I'm so glad you came back. I didn't understand what they were telling me."

Woot.
19-12-2014, 07:36 PM
Clockwork - please report to my office Monday morning. My email has been wonky all week and every time our IT guy messes with it, it gets worse. That is when I can find an IT guy - apparently ours are stealth.

I don't want much - just mail to arrive and send. I gave up begging for a PC that is powered by something faster than sloths on Quaaludes. I won't even address the tin cans and string internet connection that makes dial-up look speedy.

Please, pretty please...Sadcryface

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
19-12-2014, 08:38 PM
Re: What is your latest first world problem ?
Ok, first of all, I am borrowing the "sloths on Quaaludes" analogy!

Secondly, I'll be there as soon as I'm done with whatever issues I'll have here. (As I always do!)
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
20-12-2014, 06:37 PM
'sigh' Today I went to Taco Bell and ordered a gordita with chicken, a taco and burrito. I've preferred the chicken since I first tried it. Anyway, the cashier sounded like she sais "one eighty." I thought "huh? That price isn't right." and then pulled out a ten to give her for payment. She then mumbled something again, and it sounded like "one eighty," so I waved the ten up and down. I thought she was being a little oblivious about the ten bill being given, which happens occasionally. She then said "name," and I told her it. I then said "I get yelled at for saying things wrong to, so sorry if I didn't hear." It then seemed to me like people were looking at me odd. I thought "Oh great. Who did I make angry this time?" People were probably just thinking "wtf is with this weird lady?" So now obviously, I made a scene of myself. 'face palm' Uh, so hard to be proper.
20-12-2014, 10:38 PM
I'm trying. Sad
[+] 1 user Likes Lienda Bella's post
21-12-2014, 03:28 AM
(19-12-2014 04:51 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(19-12-2014 04:51 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  did you know they make cotton candy flavoured alcohol

yes

[Image: tumblr_lqxe40hDpe1r2v5epo1_500.png]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
21-12-2014, 03:43 AM
(19-12-2014 04:51 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  

yes

Did you know they make deep fried beer/tequila shots?

Atir aissom atir imon
21-12-2014, 12:06 PM
I can't cook bacon without setting off my smoke alarm.

But on the other hand, mmmmmmmmmm...crispy bacon... Drooling

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 1 user Likes Can_of_Beans's post
21-12-2014, 12:10 PM
Is three days till X-mas and home 'puter just died. :cry:

Finding a fixit shop what's open and getting it fixed will be a longer pain than usual. Sad

Much cheers to all.