What is your latest first world problem ?

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.67 Average
21-12-2014, 12:25 PM
RE: What is your latest first world problem ?
(21-12-2014 12:06 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  I can't cook bacon without setting off my smoke alarm.

But on the other hand, mmmmmmmmmm...crispy bacon... Drooling

Gotta bake it in the oven.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Smercury44's post
21-12-2014, 12:31 PM
(21-12-2014 12:25 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(21-12-2014 12:06 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  I can't cook bacon without setting off my smoke alarm.

But on the other hand, mmmmmmmmmm...crispy bacon... Drooling

Gotta bake it in the oven.

That's way I do it. 20 min at 400 degrees seems to about perfect for thick cut bacon.

250 for 90 minutes works too w/o setting off the alarm, but who can wait an hour and a half for bacon? Not me. Smile

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
22-12-2014, 01:57 AM
As I strolled home from obtaining my provisions, it began lightly drizzling.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
22-12-2014, 02:05 AM
Marriage of convenience and unrealistic expectations for hearts, rainbows, and fuzzy bunnies.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
22-12-2014, 03:28 AM
(22-12-2014 02:05 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Marriage of convenience and unrealistic expectations for hearts, rainbows, and fuzzy bunnies.

Undecided

Hug

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
24-12-2014, 06:14 AM
I cooked a big pot of chili last night, put the leftovers in a container on the counter to cool and...

...found it still on the counter this morning.

Now I know it's just a myth that hot foods shouldn't be placed directly in the refrigerator and need to go shopping for smaller shallow containers so large batches can quickly cool to a safe temperature. If I taken the time to educate myself earlier I could have avoided the terrible tragedy of dumping several days worth of delicious chili in the trash. Weeping Sadcryface2

[Image: tumblr_inline_naixnizG2m1skfo03.jpg]

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
24-12-2014, 06:16 AM
(24-12-2014 06:14 AM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  I cooked a big pot of chili last night, put the leftovers in a container on the counter to cool and...

Now I know it's just a myth that hot foods shouldn't be placed directly in the refrigerator and need to go shopping for smaller shallow containers so large batches can quickly cool to a safe temperature. If I taken the time to educate myself earlier I could have avoided the terrible tragedy of dumping several days worth of delicious chili in the trash. Weeping Sadcryface2

Still better than food poisoning for the holidays!

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
24-12-2014, 06:27 AM
(24-12-2014 06:16 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(24-12-2014 06:14 AM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  I cooked a big pot of chili last night, put the leftovers in a container on the counter to cool and...

Still better than food poisoning for the holidays!

Good point.

I have to admit I was tempted for a second. "Is ten hours unrefrigerated too long? Yeah...I think it is."

-Rowan Atkinson
25-12-2014, 07:04 AM (This post was last modified: 25-12-2014 03:58 PM by Free Thought.)
So... I just looked at Skype for the first time in a while...

What. The. Fuck.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
25-12-2014, 09:27 AM
Warning: about poop and stuff

Tiny toilets. I can't get both exit points over it at the same time, so a good push results in either pee on the floor or shit on the back of the toilet seat.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 3 users Like yakherder's post