What is your latest first world problem ?

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.67 Average
30-12-2014, 02:28 AM
RE: What is your latest first world problem ?
(29-12-2014 06:58 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  I can't find any good Jehovah Witness knock knock jokes.

[Image: oh-thank-god-its-just-an-alligator.jpg]

Atir aissom atir imon
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Im_Ryan's post
30-12-2014, 03:41 PM
My neighbor is a cunt.

[Image: oscar.png]
30-12-2014, 04:12 PM
I got my cheap practice bass 'professionally' set up at a shop. All they've done is lower the action, stuffing the intonation and re-introducing the massive fret buzz I'd managed to mitigate.

"While religions tell us next to nothing useful or true about the universe, they do tell us an enormous amount - perhaps an embarrassing amount - about ourselves, about what we value, fear and lust after." Iain M Banks
30-12-2014, 05:56 PM
(30-12-2014 04:12 PM)daylightisabadthing Wrote:  I got my cheap practice bass 'professionally' set up at a shop. All they've done is lower the action, stuffing the intonation and re-introducing the massive fret buzz I'd managed to mitigate.

At the risk of telling you something you might already know, set-up is actually very straightforward with the right tools (see video and it's additional chapters below).

If you follow these steps and get no joy, you either have some uneven frets (needing a fret dress) or worse, a warped neck (depending on the direction and severity, could be a simple fix or require a new neck).

I set all of mine and my son's guitars and they match anything I've seen on a premium set-up job.

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
[+] 4 users Like gofish!'s post
30-12-2014, 06:02 PM
(30-12-2014 05:56 PM)gofish! Wrote:  
(30-12-2014 04:12 PM)daylightisabadthing Wrote:  I got my cheap practice bass 'professionally' set up at a shop. All they've done is lower the action, stuffing the intonation and re-introducing the massive fret buzz I'd managed to mitigate.

At the risk of telling you something you might already know, set-up is actually very straightforward with the right tools (see video and it's additional chapters below).

If you follow these steps and get no joy, you either have some uneven frets (needing a fret dress) or worse, a warped neck (depending on the direction and severity, could be a simple fix or require a new neck).

I set all of mine and my son's guitars and they match anything I've seen on a premium set-up job.

Sad I miss my P-Bass!
30-12-2014, 06:14 PM
Qdoba wrapped my burrito with a whole wheat tortilla instead of a flour tortilla. Sad

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
30-12-2014, 11:55 PM
(30-12-2014 06:02 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(30-12-2014 05:56 PM)gofish! Wrote:  At the risk of telling you something you might already know, set-up is actually very straightforward with the right tools (see video and it's additional chapters below).

Sad I miss my P-Bass!

If you say that really fast it sounds like penis.

[Image: oscar.png]
31-12-2014, 12:41 AM
(30-12-2014 05:56 PM)gofish! Wrote:  

Cheers Gofish. I was hoping they could do a better job than I had, apparently not. It's a cheap knock-off bass, probably not worth working the frets but quite playable for practice and learning. I will reset it myself.

"While religions tell us next to nothing useful or true about the universe, they do tell us an enormous amount - perhaps an embarrassing amount - about ourselves, about what we value, fear and lust after." Iain M Banks
31-12-2014, 03:05 AM (This post was last modified: 31-12-2014 08:12 AM by gofish!.)
There are some tests you can do to check for raised frets or a warped neck. Will try to dig out youtube vids. At least that will tell you what the next steps should be.

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
31-12-2014, 07:02 AM
My TV is still shit and I probably wont be getting a flat screen any time soon.

Additionally, it'll still be about two months before my computer project is done and I can move away from my current glorified calculator.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.