What is your latest first world problem ?

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.67 Average
03-01-2015, 02:19 PM
RE: What is your latest first world problem ?
My grandmother died on New Year's Eve...ugh. It's been .....not even sure of the words to describe it. I was close to her.
Makes all the other first world problems I'm going through seem moot.

Be true to yourself. Heart
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-01-2015, 02:21 PM
(03-01-2015 02:19 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  My grandmother died on New Year's Eve...ugh. It's been .....not even sure of the words to describe it. I was close to her.

I am sorry for you and your family's loss.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
03-01-2015, 03:32 PM
{{{thanks anjele}}}

03-01-2015, 03:34 PM
(03-01-2015 02:19 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  My grandmother died on New Year's Eve...ugh. It's been .....not even sure of the words to describe it. I was close to her.

Hug

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
03-01-2015, 03:36 PM

Wow. I'm really sorry to hear that Deidre. Sad

Unfortunately I can't give you a real hug, because a hug is a hug, but here's a virtual one. Hug

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
[+] 1 user Likes The Polyglot Atheist's post
03-01-2015, 03:36 PM

My sincerest condolences Deidre. Hug

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
03-01-2015, 03:39 PM
(03-01-2015 03:34 PM)morondog Wrote:  

Hug

(03-01-2015 03:36 PM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  

Wow. I'm really sorry to hear that Deidre. Sad

Unfortunately I can't give you a real hug, because a hug is a hug, but here's a virtual one. Hug

(03-01-2015 03:36 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  

My sincerest condolences Deidre. Hug

thanks everyone. she was one of those people whom you feel the world is a worse place, after she left. however, another way to view that is it's a better place since she lived in it. Heart

I miss her.

[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
03-01-2015, 03:40 PM

My sincere condolences on your loss.

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
[+] 1 user Likes gofish!'s post
04-01-2015, 08:10 PM
(03-01-2015 03:40 PM)gofish! Wrote:  

My sincere condolences on your loss.

Deidre. I'm very sorry for your loss.
04-01-2015, 09:22 PM
(03-01-2015 03:39 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  thanks everyone. she was one of those people whom you feel the world is a worse place, after she left. however, another way to view that is it's a better place since she lived in it. Heart

I miss her.
There is little one could ask as a postscript for one's life, but to have someone, somewhere say something like that about their passing. There is no better eulogy.

I used to be a hospice volunteer and I remember one night this elderly guy was on the way down for the count. He was propped up in bed, mostly oblivious to the loving family around him, keeping watch, showering him with love, and reminiscing with much laughter about a life well-lived. It was one of those times I was superfluous; there was nothing I could add. They actually invited me in to join them for pizza.

I don't think that's going to be my deathbed scene but your grandma sounds like one of the lucky ones. Be glad that you loved her so well, Deidre.
[+] 1 user Likes mordant's post