What is your latest first world problem ?

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.67 Average
11-01-2015, 08:25 PM
RE: What is your latest first world problem ?
(11-01-2015 08:02 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(11-01-2015 07:51 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  My thermostat is broken.

It's snowing outside, but it's 90 degrees F (32.22 C) in my apartment with the heat turned all the way down, maintenance is overwhelmed with requests, and they're giving priority to people with no heat. Dodgy

Find the circuit breaker for the furnace and turn it off.
MAKE SURE YOU TURN THE GAS OFF TOO.

I don't think I have access to all that stuff. It's an old apartment building with what I believe is radiant baseboard heat connected to a central boiler.

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-01-2015, 08:30 PM
(11-01-2015 08:25 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  
(11-01-2015 08:02 PM)pablo Wrote:  Find the circuit breaker for the furnace and turn it off.
MAKE SURE YOU TURN THE GAS OFF TOO.

I don't think I have access to all that stuff. It's an old apartment building with what I believe is radiant baseboard heat connected to a central boiler.

Ah ok, better not to mess with it.
12-01-2015, 09:16 AM
Out of contacts. Didn't realize I was out in both cities. So I wore my glasses to work last night. And then it was raining when I left work. And I didn't have an umbrella with me. It's a wonder I didn't fall into a hole and die on my hike back to the parking garage. Windshield wipers don't come on eye glasses. Couldn't see. Couldn't take them off cause then I wouldn't have been able to see my feet.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
12-01-2015, 03:01 PM
I just got my car fixed FridAY AND THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT IS ALREADY ON AGAIN HELP

CaRS AND their retARDED FALSE ALarms

Hobo
12-01-2015, 03:09 PM
(12-01-2015 03:01 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  I just got my car fixed FridAY AND THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT IS ALREADY ON AGAIN HELP

Hobo

Check all the fluids. Anything more involved than that requires a scanner to read the codes.
Sorry not much help I know. No
12-01-2015, 03:22 PM
(12-01-2015 03:01 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  I just got my car fixed FridAY AND THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT IS ALREADY ON AGAIN HELP

Hobo

It's your punishment for abusing capslock. The universe refuses to stand idly by. Drinking Beverage

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 4 users Like Free Thought's post
12-01-2015, 03:25 PM

Hobo

You need to find someone whose name isn't 'Bubbah' to fix your car. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
12-01-2015, 03:31 PM
(12-01-2015 03:25 PM)Chas Wrote:  

Hobo

You need to find someone whose name isn't 'Bubbah' to fix your car. Drinking Beverage

That is not possible. She lives in Alabama everyone there is named Bubba.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 5 users Like Revenant77x's post
12-01-2015, 04:18 PM
I think my mechanic's name is Bubba.... Don't know any spelled Bubbah Tongue

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
13-01-2015, 02:20 AM

Hobo

Told you you should sell it.
Feel that vacuum in your wallet? That's the monster truck your family brought you...