What is your latest first world problem ?

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.67 Average
22-01-2015, 04:13 AM
RE: What is your latest first world problem ?
(19-01-2015 01:01 AM)Nurse Wrote:  
(19-01-2015 12:11 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Accidentally used up a ton of internet data...
Now I have to keep a very close eye on what I'm doing.

This of course adds insult to the injury that is the generally shitty Australian internet.

Murica>Australia

Let me fix that for you...

Australia < Canada < United States < THE ENTIRETY OF THE DEVELOPED WORLD

American DSL is not only relatively slow and shitty, but also way overpriced, when compared to just about anything else in Asia, Europe, or Latin America.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
22-01-2015, 07:43 AM
My connection is currently at 920kbps up, 4230kbps down. I'm seriously considering moving house closer to the telephone exchange for a better connection.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
27-01-2015, 10:27 PM
Gas has gone back up about 5 cents per litre since King Abdullah bin Abdulaziz died. His death has so far costed me about 7 dollars total. It was very selfish of him to die, knowing how much it would inconvenience me.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
27-01-2015, 10:31 PM
Rome Total War is fucking with me.

The game's resolution changed somehow and now I can't get it to go back to my laptop's resolution; in-game there is no option, editing the config does nothing! ARGH!

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
27-01-2015, 10:51 PM
(22-01-2015 04:13 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(19-01-2015 01:01 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Murica>Australia

Let me fix that for you...

American DSL is not only relatively slow and shitty, but also way overpriced, when compared to just about anything else in Asia, Europe, or Latin America.

I know right. Here in Alabama this is about the best I can do with 2.4G radio in my old laptop.

[Image: 4095334865.png]

And the cost... I'm getting unlimted data at 100MB, cable including two DVR's, a shit pot full of HD channels, HBO, Stars, and unlimted local and long distance calling on two land lines for about $100 a month. Why that's slightly more than 1% of my gross annual income. Sure sucks to be me here in sorry ass US. Angel

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Popeye's Pappy's post
27-01-2015, 11:09 PM
Mental illness.
27-01-2015, 11:51 PM (This post was last modified: 28-01-2015 12:06 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(27-01-2015 10:51 PM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  
(22-01-2015 04:13 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Let me fix that for you...

I know right. Here in Alabama this is about the best I can do with 2.4G radio in my old laptop.

And the cost... I'm getting unlimted data at 100MB, cable including two DVR's, a shit pot full of HD channels, HBO, Stars, and unlimted local and long distance calling on two land lines for about $100 a month. Why that's slightly more than 1% of my gross annual income. Sure sucks to be me here in sorry ass US. Angel

Did you not notice the "Faster Than 92% of US" there on the infographic? Facepalm

It's because the market suffers from artificial monopolies and lack of competition. ISP's in many areas don't have to compete with one another, so there is no incentive to provide better service, better prices, or upgrade their infrastructure. So when Comcast and Time-Warner wanted to merge that set off all of my warning bells, as that would only exacerbate the situation by making a single company in control of over a full third of all broadband access in the US.

[Image: 70717869_countries_with_high_speed_broadband.gif]

http://blogs.reuters.com/felix-salmon/20...bandwidth/

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
28-01-2015, 12:23 AM
(27-01-2015 10:51 PM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  
(22-01-2015 04:13 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Let me fix that for you...

Meanwhile, in my neck of the woods...

[Image: 4095481740.png]

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
28-01-2015, 05:24 AM
... having Skype wake up mid presentation and a pop-up say:

"You're all so beautiful to me. Heart"

And a reply say:

"Aww I think you're beautiful too Heart"

Blush

ps, thanks Losty Angry

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
29-01-2015, 12:07 PM
I just took a week vacation to 75 degree weather and I'm from Ohio where I came back to 7 inches of snow. I'm drowning in work and I think i'll be coming in for the next 15 days straight just to keep my head above water. Gasp Unfortunately I am salaried.