What is your latest first world problem ?

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.67 Average
03-03-2015, 05:16 AM
RE: What is your latest first world problem ?
(02-03-2015 07:55 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  I have been tasked to make a poster about sexual harassment at my school. I have a great idea for it, but that requires me going into a public restroom...

I recommend you have a different idea.

Further, I recommend that you hold auditions for all the most attractive wannabe actress/models in your school.

The final poster will show a terrified girl getting groped by anonymous hands... yours.

Tip: don't get it right first time. It will take hours of fondling to get the right shot.

Evil_monster

I know, I know, it sounds bad. But it's for art and for a good cause.

Angel

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like DLJ's post
03-03-2015, 09:32 AM
(03-03-2015 05:16 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(02-03-2015 07:55 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  I have been tasked to make a poster about sexual harassment at my school. I have a great idea for it, but that requires me going into a public restroom...

Further, I recommend that you hold auditions for all the most attractive wannabe actress/models in your school.

The final poster will show a terrified girl getting groped by anonymous hands... yours.

Tip: don't get it right first time. It will take hours of fondling to get the right shot.

Evil_monster

Angel

In college, I was involved with a group that put on sexual assault prevention educational programs. One of these was a skit where I played the part of a rapist.

So...one day this overly enthusiastic freshman girl runs up to me out of nowhere and yells "Hey! I recognize you from orientation! You're THE RAPIST!!!" To her credit, she was suitably embarrassed after I explained to everyone within earshot that I wasn't REALLY a rapist. Facepalm

So take it from me and make sure it's just your hands in the poster. You don't want to become famous on campus as "the groper." No

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 6 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
03-03-2015, 09:37 AM
I'm trying to teach my god to be a good atheist but she seems to love worshipping me too much

"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything" - Friedrich Nietzsche
04-03-2015, 01:14 PM (This post was last modified: 04-03-2015 01:17 PM by Lienda Bella.)
We've waited all month for our order of girl scout cookies. Nothing. My mom then told me "It didn't occur to me to keep the phone number." 'face palm' Yeah. A phone number we could use in case they lose our address, or something like that? THAT NUMBER?! -.- The girl at the news paper place gave her a number to a cell phone that's disconnected. The web sites gave me Littlerock Arkansas, but the local "number" the dam court house! I might as well not expect it this year, while guild mates in Rift (a game) online talk about how good those Samoas are! rrrrrrr....
04-03-2015, 01:16 PM
We're just going to look for a cookie stand from now on.
04-03-2015, 02:31 PM
(03-03-2015 05:16 AM)DLJ Wrote:  

Evil_monster

Angel

LMAO, should have thought about that Laugh out load

But in reality there's been a rise of people taking pictures of others in the restroom. So for my poster, I took a picture of the inside of the stall, facing the door, to give the impression the viewer is on the toilet. I'm then going to Photoshop someone taking a picture of the viewer, from under the stall door. I'll also etch a phrase into the door, something along the lines of "don't wait until it happens to you." I'm just not really sure where to go with it.

...the reason it was a first world problem is because I hate public restrooms Tongue

Atir aissom atir imon
04-03-2015, 02:32 PM
(03-03-2015 09:32 AM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  
(03-03-2015 05:16 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I recommend you have a different idea.

Evil_monster

Angel

In college, I was involved with a group that put on sexual assault prevention educational programs. One of these was a skit where I played the part of a rapist.

So...one day this overly enthusiastic freshman girl runs up to me out of nowhere and yells "Hey! I recognize you from orientation! You're THE RAPIST!!!" To her credit, she was suitably embarrassed after I explained to everyone within earshot that I wasn't REALLY a rapist. Facepalm

So take it from me and make sure it's just your hands in the poster. You don't want to become famous on campus as "the groper." No

It's funny that I already thought of that xD
I won't even be in the picture Smile

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 1 user Likes Im_Ryan's post
04-03-2015, 02:32 PM
It's occurred to me that within a couple years my son will be old enough that he'll reach the stage where he'll want to make a Facebook account. Sometime between now and when he learns to read, I'll have to clean up my Facebook history. He can never know how fucking nuts daddy is.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 4 users Like yakherder's post
04-03-2015, 02:37 PM
(04-03-2015 02:32 PM)yakherder Wrote:  It's occurred to me that within a couple years my son will be old enough that he'll reach the stage where he'll want to make a Facebook account. Sometime between now and when he learns to read, I'll have to clean up my Facebook history. He can never know how fucking nuts daddy is.

Why hide it? Embrace it. Turn it into a lesson/bonding moment. That way when he's older he'll be more open with you. Wish my dad did that with me...

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 1 user Likes Im_Ryan's post
04-03-2015, 02:55 PM
(04-03-2015 02:37 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(04-03-2015 02:32 PM)yakherder Wrote:  It's occurred to me that within a couple years my son will be old enough that he'll reach the stage where he'll want to make a Facebook account. Sometime between now and when he learns to read, I'll have to clean up my Facebook history. He can never know how fucking nuts daddy is.

Why hide it? Embrace it. Turn it into a lesson/bonding moment. That way when he's older he'll be more open with you. Wish my dad did that with me...

I suppose if he starts asking questions I won't beat around the bush, but I'm not looking forward to the conversation. It's one thing to run my mouth in a relatively anonymous forum, and quite another to spoil my son's image of whoever he thinks I am based off his limited experience... Reading stories, going to the park, etc.

'Murican Canadian