What is your latest first world problem ?

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.67 Average
28-03-2015, 09:34 AM
RE: What is your latest first world problem ?
(24-03-2015 05:55 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  GPU came today.
Fucking not compatible with my old-ass monitor...

Plus, finding reviews on monitors that I can actually fucking buy is a massive pain.

Just get a TV and an HDMI cord. Problem solved.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-03-2015, 04:33 PM
(28-03-2015 09:34 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(24-03-2015 05:55 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  GPU came today.
Fucking not compatible with my old-ass monitor...

Plus, finding reviews on monitors that I can actually fucking buy is a massive pain.

Just get a TV and an HDMI cord. Problem solved.

Already looked at that. From what I've found, a tv would be great if: I was some distance away from it, can ignore the minor input lag, can find a tv with a good resolution without blowing it up and butchering it, and don't use it for anything other than games or videos.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
28-03-2015, 04:55 PM
(28-03-2015 07:58 AM)yakherder Wrote:  
(27-03-2015 11:38 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  None of the pens I have write smoothly.

I'm kind of a pen snob. I mean I don't get gold plated pens or anything like that, but I'll go online and find reviews before purchasing pens. Right now I'm content with the uni-ball jet streams.

In my pen pocket, I'll keep three. One of the good ones I'll primarily use, and two crappy ones I'll "loan" to lazy people who don't carry something to write with, that way it's no big loss when it's inevitably not returned, and I can keep their grubby hands off my good pens without seeming like an ass hole.

The amount of thought put into this, is quite impressive. Big Grin

Be true to yourself. Heart
28-03-2015, 07:20 PM
(28-03-2015 04:55 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  
(28-03-2015 07:58 AM)yakherder Wrote:  I'm kind of a pen snob. I mean I don't get gold plated pens or anything like that, but I'll go online and find reviews before purchasing pens. Right now I'm content with the uni-ball jet streams.

In my pen pocket, I'll keep three. One of the good ones I'll primarily use, and two crappy ones I'll "loan" to lazy people who don't carry something to write with, that way it's no big loss when it's inevitably not returned, and I can keep their grubby hands off my good pens without seeming like an ass hole.

The amount of thought put into this, is quite impressive. Big Grin

Hey believe it or not it's a big problem in the Army.

Out in the boonies doing field training or on a deployment. No stores available in the foreseeable future. Convoy commander begins giving a brief, on which everyone is expected to take notes. And, big surprise, someone whispers "Hey can I borrow a pen?" It's happened before, and I'm just a little OCD about that kind of thing. Yeah, I'll take care of my fellow soldiers. No, they're not getting my good pen.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
29-03-2015, 12:02 AM
(28-03-2015 07:20 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(28-03-2015 04:55 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  The amount of thought put into this, is quite impressive. Big Grin

Out in the boonies doing field training or on a deployment. No stores available in the foreseeable future. Convoy commander begins giving a brief, on which everyone is expected to take notes. And, big surprise, someone whispers "Hey can I borrow a pen?" It's happened before, and I'm just a little OCD about that kind of thing. Yeah, I'll take care of my fellow soldiers. No, they're not getting my good pen.

OMG LMAO!!!! Laugh out load

Be true to yourself. Heart
29-03-2015, 06:04 AM
(28-03-2015 07:20 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(28-03-2015 04:55 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  The amount of thought put into this, is quite impressive. Big Grin

The only way someone gets my good pen is if it's the only thing available for an emergency tracheotomy.

And even that's not necessarily a clincher.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
29-03-2015, 06:32 AM
I just learned that my Kindle, while being an Android device, is not Google Play compatible.
Sad

[Image: fdyq20.jpg]
29-03-2015, 06:44 AM
Great. My laptop is fucked.

Way to go, me, you fucked up another thing.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
29-03-2015, 07:54 AM
(29-03-2015 06:32 AM)LostLocke Wrote:  I just learned that my Kindle, while being an Android device, is not Google Play compatible.
Sad

Kindle Fire?

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
29-03-2015, 08:01 AM
(29-03-2015 07:54 AM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  
(29-03-2015 06:32 AM)LostLocke Wrote:  I just learned that my Kindle, while being an Android device, is not Google Play compatible.
Sad

Kindle Fire?
Yes. HDX.
No, at this stage I don't want to root it. Wink

[Image: fdyq20.jpg]