What is your latest first world problem ?

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.67 Average
29-03-2015, 08:14 AM
RE: What is your latest first world problem ?
(29-03-2015 06:04 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(28-03-2015 07:20 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Hey believe it or not it's a big problem in the Army.

Out in the boonies doing field training or on a deployment. No stores available in the foreseeable future. Convoy commander begins giving a brief, on which everyone is expected to take notes. And, big surprise, someone whispers "Hey can I borrow a pen?" It's happened before, and I'm just a little OCD about that kind of thing. Yeah, I'll take care of my fellow soldiers. No, they're not getting my good pen.

The only way someone gets my good pen is if it's the only thing available for an emergency tracheotomy.

And even that's not necessarily a clincher.

Nah, you wanna do a cricothyrotomy in an emergent situation where bag mask and intubation fail - such as with severe facial trauma or anaphylaxis. It's easier and faster. After establishing an airway and stabilizing other injuries, etc, a tracheostomy should be placed within 24 hours in the OR (maaaybe bedside in an ICU).

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-03-2015, 09:27 AM
I really need to get to the gym. I'm too fat and eat way too much crap food.

Liberty loving, gun owning Atheist. Don't worry it confuses the right as well.
29-03-2015, 11:30 AM
(29-03-2015 09:27 AM)aesirus Wrote:  I really need to get to the gym. I'm too fat and eat way too much crap food.

Just have to do it...start today. Cool

Be true to yourself. Heart
29-03-2015, 11:30 AM
(29-03-2015 06:44 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Great. My laptop is fucked.

Way to go, me, you fucked up another thing.

It's your laptop's fault, not yours. Tongue

29-03-2015, 11:32 AM
(29-03-2015 06:04 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(28-03-2015 07:20 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Hey believe it or not it's a big problem in the Army.

Out in the boonies doing field training or on a deployment. No stores available in the foreseeable future. Convoy commander begins giving a brief, on which everyone is expected to take notes. And, big surprise, someone whispers "Hey can I borrow a pen?" It's happened before, and I'm just a little OCD about that kind of thing. Yeah, I'll take care of my fellow soldiers. No, they're not getting my good pen.

The only way someone gets my good pen is if it's the only thing available for an emergency tracheotomy.

And even that's not necessarily a clincher.

You truly are a very funny man, Chas. I find myself bursting out loud with laughter when I read your posts. Good thing I wasn't drinking my coffee this time! Laugh out load

29-03-2015, 01:01 PM
Minecraft is laggy and I don't know why.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
30-03-2015, 03:04 AM
(29-03-2015 11:30 AM)Deidre32 Wrote:  
(29-03-2015 06:44 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Great. My laptop is fucked.

Way to go, me, you fucked up another thing.

It's your laptop's fault, not yours. Tongue

I choose to blame myself, as it broke during my operation.

(29-03-2015 01:01 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Minecraft is laggy and I don't know why.

Pretty sure that problem is defined as 'minecraft'.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
30-03-2015, 01:18 PM
No first world problems to speak of. I still can’t find a good pen :/ …but other than that…nope.

30-03-2015, 08:23 PM
Skip my breathing treatment for 1 day. Lungs forget how to function properly. Inhaler don't fail me now.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
30-03-2015, 08:38 PM
American higher education is so expensive Sad

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
[+] 1 user Likes Colourcraze's post