What is your latest first world problem ?

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 4.2 Average
24-10-2013, 05:13 PM
RE: What is your latest first world problem ?
(24-10-2013 05:07 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  Canadian internet is quite a ripoff. Its more expensive, and you get less of everything. My Bell DSL download is about 16mb/s while upload is a ridiculous 0.7 mb/s. About 6 months ago I went unlimited, before that I had a 50gb(?) cap. Ping is okay, but it depends on location being pinged...

Oh, and I guess the ISOhunt shutdown is another of my 1st world problems.

People Republic of Maryland with comcast cable internet Ping 11ms Download Speed 23.19 mbps Upload speed 4.75 mbps. Not sure how good any of that is.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-10-2013, 05:19 PM
(24-10-2013 05:13 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(24-10-2013 05:07 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  Canadian internet is quite a ripoff. Its more expensive, and you get less of everything. My Bell DSL download is about 16mb/s while upload is a ridiculous 0.7 mb/s. About 6 months ago I went unlimited, before that I had a 50gb(?) cap. Ping is okay, but it depends on location being pinged...

Oh, and I guess the ISOhunt shutdown is another of my 1st world problems.

People Republic of Maryland with comcast cable internet Ping 11ms Download Speed 23.19 mbps Upload speed 4.75 mbps. Not sure how good any of that is.

PRM with Verizon FiOS, 25 down, 20 up.

This is not my signature.
24-10-2013, 05:31 PM
(24-10-2013 04:56 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Holy crap, this looks bad... Ping 58ms, download .87 Mbps, upload .46 Mbps. No idea what any of this means, but it was really low on the gauge. In all fairness, I only pay $40 a month compared to over $100 that I've heard from others, and for the most part I'm happy with the speed, never waiting long for much, I've had slower. And never an interruption to service (except for power outages).

Thanks!!

Yes, that's really slow. And it's not cheap.

Quote:PRM with Verizon FiOS, 25 down, 20 up.
Drooling

I got 10Mbs down , 1Mbs up + cable tv with HD package for less then $35 / month

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
24-10-2013, 08:28 PM
I hate all of you. Out in the boonies I have to use satellite internet Weeping

Back when I used to live in civilization I once achieved 25+ mbps actual down speed. Not potential, actual, It was amazing, and it's a night I will forever remember. I was downloading a popular movie through a bit torrent client.

Still, I'm much happier to have privacy and be away from people. I don't like people near me.

25-10-2013, 04:32 PM
And then there's this Shocking
http://now.msn.com/nasa-moon-laser-inter...t-622-mbps
25-10-2013, 04:56 PM
(25-10-2013 04:32 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  And then there's this Shocking
http://now.msn.com/nasa-moon-laser-inter...t-622-mbps

You must turn to the Lord of (laser) Light, for the night is dark, and full of terror Tongue

No, seriously, A Storm of Swords isn't in yet so I want to watch a few episodes of GoT season 3 to get my fix, but IShared & Vidbull, & all of 'em won't work Angry Frackin computers!!

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
25-10-2013, 05:05 PM
I have 2 dollars for food for the next week.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
25-10-2013, 05:11 PM
4ms, about 40mbps download and about 30 upload.

Number eight.

And Question - this sucks Sad

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
25-10-2013, 05:22 PM
(25-10-2013 05:05 PM)Question Wrote:  I have 2 dollars for food for the next week.

Hey cmon, this is the "1st world problems" thread... Nothing here should actually make others sad to hear.
25-10-2013, 05:37 PM
I forgot to refill my polycarbonate jugs with reverse osmosis filtered water last time I was at the grocery store and had to make my coffee with tap water this morning. Drinking Beverage

And I told him "that's crazy..." Unsure