What is your latest first world problem ?

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.67 Average
30-06-2015, 09:31 PM
RE: What is your latest first world problem ?
Geebus crisp, FSM_scot, that's the most effed-up Avatar picture ...

Nice.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-06-2015, 09:35 PM
(30-06-2015 09:31 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Geebus crisp, FSM_scot, that's the most effed-up Avatar picture ...

Nice.

Rocket meet FSM...he is a former admin here.

And he doesn't come see us often enough. Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
02-07-2015, 06:58 PM
I was taking some survey to prove to myself that I'm not image conscious, and instead was brought to the realization that on a typical, casual dress day, just going to the grocery store or something, I wear about $500 worth of clothing and carry about $1,000 worth of accessories and electronics and shit. I still stubbornly maintain that it all has a legitimate purpose, and that I'm not image conscious.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
02-07-2015, 06:59 PM
(02-07-2015 06:58 PM)yakherder Wrote:  I was taking some survey to prove to myself that I'm not image conscious, and instead was brought to the realization that on a typical, casual dress day, just going to the grocery store or something, I wear about $500 worth of clothing and carry about $1,000 worth of accessories and electronics and shit. I still stubbornly maintain that it all has a legitimate purpose, and that I'm not image conscious.

No, you are high maintenance. Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
02-07-2015, 07:04 PM
Well, I dun got myself into an internet fight about gay marriage.

And by George, the guy I'm up against must be a parody. Or a supremely stupid, 'them-or-us' kinda person with nary a neuron to be found.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
02-07-2015, 10:15 PM
Free Thought - Ugh, I've been at it for three days! Tonight's was an argument over whether or not (and I'm quoting here) "God's Law" could not be trumped by "Man's Law", ergo SCotUS had "no right or authority" to "make new law" that violated God's Law. It was an awful paraphrase of Scalia and Roberts' claptrap, which was bad enough to start with.

Wort of all, they started quoting verbatim--without realizing it, of course--from that Southern Manifesto thing I posted, a couple days ago. If I didn't know a huge number of people in real life saying the same things, whom I know would never think to engage in trolling (and are too dumb to do it successfully), I would be on high Poe's Law alert-status.

These people truly believe that America is a demi-Theocracy. And you can't tell them otherwise. It's astounding.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
02-07-2015, 10:26 PM
(02-07-2015 10:15 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Free Thought - Ugh, I've been at it for three days! Tonight's was an argument over whether or not (and I'm quoting here) "God's Law" could not be trumped by "Man's Law", ergo SCotUS had "no right or authority" to "make new law" that violated God's Law. It was an awful paraphrase of Scalia and Roberts' claptrap, which was bad enough to start with.

Wort of all, they started quoting verbatim--without realizing it, of course--from that Southern Manifesto thing I posted, a couple days ago. If I didn't know a huge number of people in real life saying the same things, whom I know would never think to engage in trolling (and are too dumb to do it successfully), I would be on high Poe's Law alert-status.

These people truly believe that America is a demi-Theocracy. And you can't tell them otherwise. It's astounding.

So far, the person I engaged called it immoral (I engaged on that), said it is immoral because No True Marriage and when pressed on how the system of marriage between gays and straights are different, he compared gays marrying to a person marrying a cat and and tried to incite emotion by implying that it 'cheapens' one's commitments.

I have yet to get a response to my most recent reply to his cat marriage.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
02-07-2015, 10:27 PM
(02-07-2015 06:58 PM)yakherder Wrote:  I was taking some survey to prove to myself that I'm not image conscious, and instead was brought to the realization that on a typical, casual dress day, just going to the grocery store or something, I wear about $500 worth of clothing and carry about $1,000 worth of accessories and electronics and shit. I still stubbornly maintain that it all has a legitimate purpose, and that I'm not image conscious.

Consider are you considering your shoes clothing or accessories? I personally think good shoes are important for athletics and active jobs - I'll drop some coin on shoes to prevent injuries.

I wore $120 worth of clothing (including my sports bra), $150 shoes, and carried my iPhone 5 to grab a sandwich down the street. I often wear my workout clothes to run errands such as the grocery store or to fast food restaurants.

$500 in clothes? Damn. You are high maintenance. Makes me feel better about my own spending habits Tongue

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
02-07-2015, 10:40 PM

I on the other hand wear about $20.00 worth of clothing and carry a 4 year old phone.
Because I'd rather own this:

[Image: SSD-11-1405-SS-2.jpg?1402579733]

Than this:

[Image: aubercy.jpg]

Big Grin

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
03-07-2015, 12:00 AM
(02-07-2015 10:26 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(02-07-2015 10:15 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Free Thought - Ugh, I've been at it for three days! Tonight's was an argument over whether or not (and I'm quoting here) "God's Law" could not be trumped by "Man's Law", ergo SCotUS had "no right or authority" to "make new law" that violated God's Law. It was an awful paraphrase of Scalia and Roberts' claptrap, which was bad enough to start with.

So far, the person I engaged called it immoral (I engaged on that), said it is immoral because No True Marriage and when pressed on how the system of marriage between gays and straights are different, he compared gays marrying to a person marrying a cat and and tried to incite emotion by implying that it 'cheapens' one's commitments.

I have yet to get a response to my most recent reply to his cat marriage.

If I could be crude for a moment:

don't most straight men marry for the love of the pussy?

That would probably be my response to his cat marriage. Tongue

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 4 users Like Nurse's post