What is your latest first world problem ?

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.67 Average
03-07-2015, 07:10 AM
RE: What is your latest first world problem ?
(02-07-2015 10:27 PM)Nurse Wrote:  
(02-07-2015 06:58 PM)yakherder Wrote:  I was taking some survey to prove to myself that I'm not image conscious, and instead was brought to the realization that on a typical, casual dress day, just going to the grocery store or something, I wear about $500 worth of clothing and carry about $1,000 worth of accessories and electronics and shit. I still stubbornly maintain that it all has a legitimate purpose, and that I'm not image conscious.

Consider are you considering your shoes clothing or accessories? I personally think good shoes are important for athletics and active jobs - I'll drop some coin on shoes to prevent injuries.

I wore $120 worth of clothing (including my sports bra), $150 shoes, and carried my iPhone 5 to grab a sandwich down the street. I often wear my workout clothes to run errands such as the grocery store or to fast food restaurants.

$500 in clothes? Damn. You are high maintenance. Makes me feel better about my own spending habits Tongue

Well... I've got multiple pairs of desert boots I wear casually because I find them more comfortable than sneakers or other normal shoes. A pair of Rockies and a pair of Bates each in the $250 range. As for the rest, I don't even dress up really. I have a bunch of 5.11 cargo pants at about $60 to $70 each. My undershirts are all Potomac Field gear, which are similar to the Under Armour tight fit shirts, except more tactically friendly because they don't melt as easy. Moisture wicking boot socks $20 per pair, American Eagle athletic boxers $20 per pair (the camo patterned ones, why I don't know :/), and the overshirts are also $60 to $70 5.11s. Yeah I like 5.11 Tongue. My boonie hat is the cheapest thing I wear.

And accessories, holy shit... I've got 3 freaking smartphones on me right now. One for personal use, one for work, and one deactivated older phone with a giant post market battery I use as sort of an imitation iPod on steroids. I can watch movies on it for a week before I need a recharge. I always carry a digital voice recorder. Oakleys with custom Molon Labe frames.

And I used to make fun of people who spent more than $30 on their wardrobe (not counting shoes). A decent salary has corrupted me Smile

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
03-07-2015, 08:59 AM
(03-07-2015 07:10 AM)yakherder Wrote:  American Eagle athletic boxers $20 per pair (the camo patterned ones, why I don't know :/)

Eh heh heh Hobo Tongue

You gave me a laugh this morning, yak - thanks. Laughat

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
03-07-2015, 02:00 PM
Nurse - Not to knock your pun (funny!), but any guy who marries a woman for any reason in any way related to her vagina is undeserving of her, and she should figure out his reasoning in order to avoid him before leaving him is harder and more painful to do.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
03-07-2015, 02:20 PM
(03-07-2015 02:00 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Nurse - Not to knock your pun (funny!), but any guy who marries a woman for any reason in any way related to her vagina is undeserving of her, and she should figure out his reasoning in order to avoid him before leaving him is harder and more painful to do.

Um... while I applaud your sentiment I think there is a certain amount of honour in straightforward sex as a motivator for relationships. I mean, fuck, we're most of us pretty keen on it. Even if it was the primary reason I was going after a woman, I don't think it's so bad. Long as she's aware of what the deal is, she can take it or leave it.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
03-07-2015, 04:31 PM
(03-07-2015 02:20 PM)morondog Wrote:  Um... while I applaud your sentiment I think there is a certain amount of honour in straightforward sex as a motivator for relationships. I mean, fuck, we're most of us pretty keen on it. Even if it was the primary reason I was going after a woman, I don't think it's so bad. Long as she's aware of what the deal is, she can take it or leave it.

[Image: b73f66096cbc7c0646137e62fd153969.jpg]

Tongue

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
03-07-2015, 07:38 PM
I'm getting bored. My repressed combatant still has not responded, the fight goes unfinished.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
03-07-2015, 08:23 PM
Straight up sex, as a basis for marriage? Mmm, no. I don't think so. Not in the longerm. If that's the case, don't get married.

I didn't say relationship. I said marry. I'm not Puritan about sex in the slightest, but if you're going to propose a marriage-- a lifetime emotional bond-- sex is not a very good basis for that, and in my opinion it should be 100% about her brain, not her body, even if the body is what attracted you in the first place. Any other arrangement I have seen has not been a basis for a permanent bond, that which we call marriage. As they say in the gay marriage campaign, "hearts not parts". (I'm not just being romantic about this; there's solid neuroscience between a three-stage bonding system for sexual, romantic, and partner bonding... they are connected but not the same, and the prior stage fades and transitions into the next level. Thank you, fMRI scans.)

My Beloved is a stunner, but I would still marry her if her beautiful skin crisped in a fire. I love everything about her... even her crazy notions about magic sky-daddies.

Just got back. My dad and I just watched Terminator: Genisys at the local three-plex. Now it's time to see if Cinema Sins covered it. Goodnight, guys and gals.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
04-07-2015, 07:43 AM
For those interested in the science behind what I'm talking about, above, Nature has the article I was referencing online. Much to my surprise.

The neurobiology of pair bonding.

04-07-2015, 08:09 PM
Works phoneline is engaged, how am I suppose to fake call in late for work when I can't get through?

[Image: oscar.png]
07-07-2015, 06:06 AM
Day fucking 3 of my AC being broken.

Service guy shows up sometime between noon and 3 today, so I'm working from home. It's 8 AM and it's already a sauna in the house.

I am so going to kiss this guy if he can fix this stupid AC.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost