What is your latest first world problem ?

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.67 Average
20-07-2015, 05:40 AM
RE: What is your latest first world problem ?
Finished Witcher 3. Now I lack purpose in my life Wink

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Szuchow's post
20-07-2015, 02:10 PM
I have to go to work and deal with dumb customers all evening. I love it.
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post
20-07-2015, 02:33 PM
I have to take an antibiotic (Doxycycline) for 14 days because I tested positive for Anaplasmosis.

This might have gone in the rant or other threads, but having quick access to medical care and drugs makes this a first-world problem. Thumbsup

Thanks, Obama.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
20-07-2015, 04:23 PM
I have to replace the rear wheel bearings on my convertible.

It cost me a total of $60, with free shipping, but it will take 'till Friday for the parts to come in.

Can't drive long distance 'till then.

o/`` First world, first world problems... o/``

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
20-07-2015, 04:33 PM
(20-07-2015 02:33 PM)Chas Wrote:  I have to take an antibiotic (Doxycycline) for 14 days because I tested positive for Anaplasmosis.

This might have gone in the rant or other threads, but having quick access to medical care and drugs makes this a first-world problem. Thumbsup

Thanks, Obama.

Feel better soon! You are having quite a time lately.

Heart

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
20-07-2015, 05:33 PM (This post was last modified: 20-07-2015 05:51 PM by TheBear.)
I get tons of unrequested/unwanted emails from sites I merely visit/visited. It's fucking overload! So, at the bottom of each of these emails, I unsubscribe. Yet, if I visit that website again, I'm put back on their email list. It's never ending with these motherfuckers! Sometimes I miss emails from family and friends, because they're buried in hundreds of these advertisement/spam, whatever you want to call it, emails. Is there a way to block them permanently?

ETA: In the overall spirit of the OP question, if this is the worse in life for me, I'm living the life of Ryley! Thumbsup
20-07-2015, 05:36 PM
(20-07-2015 05:33 PM)TheBear Wrote:  I get tons of unrequested/unwanted emails from sites I merely visit/visited. It's fucking overload! So, at the bottom of each of these emails, I unsubscribe. Yet, if I visit that website again, I'm put back on their email list. It's never ending with these motherfuckers! Sometimes I miss emails from family and friends, because they're buried in hundreds of these advertisement/spam, whatever you want to call it, emails. Is there a way to block them permanently?

Not sure how it works with some sites but I stopped ChristianMingle dead in it's tracks when I sent them an email asking if they really wanted a married atheist on their site. Big Grin

I too, do the unsubscribe thing over and over sometimes with little luck. Don't enter your email addy or make a fake account to use for sites you don't want to get spammed by.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
20-07-2015, 05:41 PM (This post was last modified: 20-07-2015 05:54 PM by GirlyMan.)
(20-07-2015 05:40 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Finished Witcher 3. Now I lack purpose in my life Wink

Purpose is overrated. Drinking Beverage

#sigh
20-07-2015, 11:28 PM
(20-07-2015 05:36 PM)Anjele Wrote:  make a fake account to use for sites you don't want to get spammed by.

Check out mailinator.com ... They supply temporary email addresses that look legit to marketers. All you do is make up some address "rambo267@mailinator.com" and enter it wherever you need to supply an email address. Then go to mailinator.com and login in (no password) to the email address, which is created as soon as someone tries to send mail to it. It's not secure in any way, so don't use it if anyone's gonna send you stuff you don't want others to see, but it does mean you'll dodge a hefty amount of spam.

Some websites pick up mailinator.com as a fake email address, but if you go to the site they've got loads of other domains which you can use to fool the spammers.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
21-07-2015, 12:22 AM
My high-performance motorcycle is in 1000 pieces because she sat up for 9 years and needed a total rebuild; since almost two decades have gone by since I first got and modified the bike, the company that made half my performance mods is no longer in business, so I have to custom-make half the things that need repair, or adapt/modify parts from similar, newer production. This is taking longer than I had anticipated, and I really really want to go riding!

o/`` First world, first world problems! o/``

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson