What is your latest first world problem ?

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.67 Average
25-07-2015, 12:42 AM
RE: What is your latest first world problem ?
I spent 5 hours disassembling and then reassembling most of a motorcycle for major repairs, on behalf of an auto mechanic buddy of mine, "in exchange for" him to do what amounted to about 25 minutes of work on my car. (That it turned out I could have done myself, had I been able to diagnose the problem.)

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-07-2015, 04:37 AM
(25-07-2015 12:42 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  I spent 5 hours disassembling and then reassembling most of a motorcycle for major repairs, on behalf of an auto mechanic buddy of mine, "in exchange for" him to do what amounted to about 25 minutes of work on my car. (That it turned out I could have done myself, had I been able to diagnose the problem.)

"had I been able to diagnose the problem" makes it a fair trade, does it not? Consider

The Graybeard engineer retired and a few weeks later the Big Machine broke down, which was essential to the company’s revenue.
The Manager couldn’t get the machine to work again so the company called in Graybeard as an independent consultant.
Graybeard agrees. He walks into the factory, takes a look at the Big Machine, grabs a sledge hammer, and whacks the machine once
whereupon the machine starts right up. Graybeard leaves and the company is making money again.
The next day Manager receives a bill from Graybeard for $5,000. Manager is furious at the price and refuses to pay. Graybeard assures
him that it’s a fair price. Manager retorts that if it’s a fair price Graybeard won’t mind itemizing the bill. Graybeard agrees that this is a
fair request and complies.

The new, itemized bill reads….
Hammer: $5
Knowing where to hit the machine with hammer: $4995

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 7 users Like Chas's post
25-07-2015, 08:02 AM
Someone put a "pull hard" sign on a locked door.

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 5 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
25-07-2015, 11:24 AM
It's Saturday and I'm at work. Should be finishing projects but here I am on TTA forum. Apparently I'm trading one addiction for another. Wink

**Crickets** -- God
[+] 1 user Likes Tonechaser77's post
25-07-2015, 11:30 AM
Chas - Yes, I totally agree. Knowing where to apply the hammer was key.

He also had some heavier tools that were needed for the car, which my bike shop does not have, so I'm not mad about it.

Plus, he fed me, which settles all wrongs, I think! Big Grin

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
26-07-2015, 06:17 PM
Just acquired an alto clarinet this afternoon but all I have is B♭ clarinet reeds and alto sax reeds, so I had to sacrifice a sax reed to the Alto Clarinet Gods. A sharp knife and a miniature cabinet scraper were involved.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Astreja's post
28-07-2015, 08:37 AM
Blueberry Sour Cream Coffee Cake
A recipe my mom found in a fiction book. She loves it, but I don't want another chunk of it at all. It has that small molasses taste in it, which ruins the entire thing for me. Ick. I don't think it's the brown sugar. I can nibble on that. It might be the pecans it has. I hate pecan pie, but not for the same reason though. Raw pecan and pumpkin? Now that I want. I really wish I could have a big bad of raw fruit and vegie to pig out on for once, without my relatives trying to cook it all.

Dodgy
29-07-2015, 06:26 AM
I have to spend the next 15 hours on this. Yuck.

[Image: 20150729_080413_zpsgigytuep.jpg]

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
29-07-2015, 08:57 AM
I left my mobile at home Sad
29-07-2015, 12:53 PM
While on Facebook I accidentally clicked on a root canal informational animation, and must be really bored because I found it interesting enough to keep watching the whole thing. About two minutes of watching cartoon tools drilling a cartoon tooth. Do I really not have anything better to do?

'Murican Canadian