What is your latest first world problem ?

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.67 Average
07-08-2015, 11:24 AM
RE: What is your latest first world problem ?
Switching work sites... I was enjoying my first few rotations up in Northwest Territories, but it looks like I'm gonna end up working at a site in northern Ontario instead. Same deal... Fly to work, two weeks of 12 hour security shifts at a remote camp, fly back, take two weeks off. Technically it's a LOT closer, but the airport I have to get myself to is about a 9 hour drive from me instead of a 20 minute drive. So even though I'll be spending less time traveling overall, I'll be spending more time driving myself. I'd rather be sitting on a plane vegetating Weeping. And I've been working real hard to learn Chipewyan too, which is hard as shit to study with so little actual material available and pretty much useless outside of a few isolated areas.

But yeah, first world problem. Either way, the pay is still ridiculous compared to what I'd be making doing the same work back in civilization, and I still get half of every month off so no real complaints. I'm just disappointed I can't brag about working in the subarctic north anymore.

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-08-2015, 11:59 PM
While listening to myself on a voice recorder again, I had thought "Nice mental constipation there, Lienda."
12-08-2015, 08:14 PM
Can't decide whether to upgrade my current iphone to a better iphone, or to get out of the iphone family altogether. Decisions.

Be true to yourself. Heart
12-08-2015, 08:25 PM
(12-08-2015 08:14 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Can't decide whether to upgrade my current iphone to a better iphone, or to get out of the iphone family altogether. Decisions.

If you want a better selection of accessories, stick with the iPhone family. If you want a superior base product, get a similarly priced Android Smile

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
12-08-2015, 08:36 PM
(12-08-2015 08:25 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(12-08-2015 08:14 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Can't decide whether to upgrade my current iphone to a better iphone, or to get out of the iphone family altogether. Decisions.

If you want a better selection of accessories, stick with the iPhone family. If you want a superior base product, get a similarly priced Android Smile

you might have just solved my first world problem. ConsiderBig Grin thank you!

12-08-2015, 08:44 PM
I just saw one of Jennybee's comments in the "workout" thread, and it made me think of this First World Problem:

"My Dietician says I should cut back on my 1800-calorie double-bacon-cheeseburgers."

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
12-08-2015, 08:47 PM
(12-08-2015 08:44 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  I just saw one of Jennybee's comments in the "workout" thread, and it made me think of this First World Problem:

"My Dietician says I should cut back on my 1800-calorie double-bacon-cheeseburgers."

Laugh out load that's good.

i haven't been around much, don't think i've met you. a much belated welcome to TTA Cool

[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
12-08-2015, 08:56 PM (This post was last modified: 12-08-2015 09:36 PM by RocketSurgeon76.)
I'm pretty much a regular, now that I've discovered I can work on TTA on the same computer I use for work, while my CAD program is calculating or while I'm waiting for a CNC batch to finish (I'm self-employed; I work at home in my shop/condo combo... not really enough of a place to call it a shop/house.) I'm retired as a field biologist after I was wrongly imprisoned and released after 9 years of appealing my case, so I've managed to make my deceased old hobby-partner's shop into my new career. Even though I'm nearly a decade out of the science journal "latest news", I do enjoy making Creationists run screaming for cover. Smile

Edit to Add: Oh, and thanks for the warm welcome! Smile

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
13-08-2015, 05:58 PM
It's been so long since I accidentally hit the 'Log Out' button I almost forgot what my password was Blink

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 4 users Like Smercury44's post
13-08-2015, 06:03 PM
(13-08-2015 05:58 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  It's been so long since I accidentally hit the 'Log Out' button I almost forgot what my password was Blink

There's a log out button? Gasp

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 5 users Like JDog554's post