What is your latest first world problem ?

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.67 Average
16-08-2015, 08:13 PM
RE: What is your latest first world problem ?
(16-08-2015 05:15 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(16-08-2015 04:56 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  I'd like to get into Game of Thrones, but don't know if I should watch everything I've missed or just start with the last season.

Start with Season 1 you basically need to watch the whole thing for anything to make sense.
I might need to quarantine myself for a while, then. lol Okay, thanks. Big Grin

(16-08-2015 05:25 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  
(16-08-2015 04:56 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  I'd like to get into Game of Thrones, but don't know if I should watch everything I've missed or just start with the last season.

I know I'm in a big minority here, but after watching the show for 5 years it amounted to being a big waste of time. If you're cool with the following: Any kind of sex, gory and tasteless violence, bitching and nagging, "politics", cursing and completely unpredictable character deaths (minor and major); then it's right up your alley.
but you watched it for five years, so i'm wondering if you are into this type of thing. haha Laugh out load jk!

i will watch the first season and go from there. seems a little too serious, from the little i've seen of it.

(16-08-2015 05:41 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Just realized I need boots and a cute dress for going dancing on Wednesday - I'll have to sacrifice sleep time to go shopping. Right now I only have black boots that are only appropriate for winter. I need some brown boots - I know where to find expensive ones and cheap ones, but I need middle of the road. Most of my dresses either look like spring or the stepford wives club.

like these?

[Image: sexy-brown-viking-boots.jpg]

Be true to yourself. Heart
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-08-2015, 08:28 PM
(16-08-2015 08:13 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  but you watched it for five years, so i'm wondering if you are into this type of thing. haha Laugh out load jk!

i will watch the first season and go from there. seems a little too serious, from the little i've seen of it.

When I started watching it I had a high tolerance for the violence (even the mindless child butchering). I skipped all the sex scenes unless it involved a character I cared about (fortunately I do not care about any of the gay characters so I skipped it without a thought). But after a while when characters you like start dying left and right and nobody takes their place, all the death and fucking become redundant and boring. By season 3 or 4 I had grown into a person that preferred calm and slow paced shows, mostly supplied by animation shows here and there. GoT made me stressful and paranoid watching it, expecting anything to happen to anyone, and that's not healthly for me.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
16-08-2015, 08:33 PM
I keep putting GOT off. Five seasons to catch up.....

I just keep listening to music clips on youtube while I post here.

I don't get out much these days. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
16-08-2015, 08:46 PM
(16-08-2015 08:28 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  
(16-08-2015 08:13 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  but you watched it for five years, so i'm wondering if you are into this type of thing. haha Laugh out load jk!

When I started watching it I had a high tolerance for the violence (even the mindless child butchering). I skipped all the sex scenes unless it involved a character I cared about (fortunately I do not care about any of the gay characters so I skipped it without a thought). But after a while when characters you like start dying left and right and nobody takes their place, all the death and fucking become redundant and boring. By season 3 or 4 I had grown into a person that preferred calm and slow paced shows, mostly supplied by animation shows here and there. GoT made me stressful and paranoid watching it, expecting anything to happen to anyone, and that's not healthly for me.

It's sounding like I might not like this show ...Laugh out load But, I will have to watch a few episodes to get a feel for it, I think. Thanks for sharing your opinion on it.

16-08-2015, 08:58 PM
(16-08-2015 08:46 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  
(16-08-2015 08:28 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  When I started watching it I had a high tolerance for the violence (even the mindless child butchering). I skipped all the sex scenes unless it involved a character I cared about (fortunately I do not care about any of the gay characters so I skipped it without a thought). But after a while when characters you like start dying left and right and nobody takes their place, all the death and fucking become redundant and boring. By season 3 or 4 I had grown into a person that preferred calm and slow paced shows, mostly supplied by animation shows here and there. GoT made me stressful and paranoid watching it, expecting anything to happen to anyone, and that's not healthly for me.

It's sounding like I might not like this show ...Laugh out load But, I will have to watch a few episodes to get a feel for it, I think. Thanks for sharing your opinion on it.

The Author is intentionally breaking the tropes of the Epic Fantasy genre. Nobody is "safe" main characters are killed on a whim, usually in a brutal way. There are a lot of dynastic politics going on. As for the sex there was way more of it in the first few seasons, it has trailed off a good bit now as it was a bit much tbh. There is a nice sense of if a character makes poor decisions then those come back and bite them in the ass. Even the villains have proper motivation and do things because it is in character for them to do so not because they are mustache twirling villains.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
16-08-2015, 09:08 PM
(16-08-2015 08:58 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(16-08-2015 08:46 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  It's sounding like I might not like this show ...Laugh out load But, I will have to watch a few episodes to get a feel for it, I think. Thanks for sharing your opinion on it.

The Author is intentionally breaking the tropes of the Epic Fantasy genre. Nobody is "safe" main characters are killed on a whim, usually in a brutal way. There are a lot of dynastic politics going on. As for the sex there was way more of it in the first few seasons, it has trailed off a good bit now as it was a bit much tbh. There is a nice sense of if a character makes poor decisions then those come back and bite them in the ass. Even the villains have proper motivation and do things because it is in character for them to do so not because they are mustache twirling villains.
I'm going to give it a go and the worst thing to happen is, I've wasted a few hours. Days? Blush

TY!

16-08-2015, 09:22 PM
(16-08-2015 06:04 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(16-08-2015 05:41 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Just realized I need boots and a cute dress for going dancing on Wednesday - I'll have to sacrifice sleep time to go shopping. Right now I only have black boots that are only appropriate for winter. I need some brown boots - I know where to find expensive ones and cheap ones, but I need middle of the road. Most of my dresses either look like spring or the stepford wives club.

Like these?

[Image: c6e02a4ab4f0bcc7175b71b896d61676.jpg]

Actually, yes. Exactly like those. No garter or wedding dress, though.

If it were a swing band playing I'd have the perfect dress and heels...but it's a country band that night.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
16-08-2015, 09:53 PM (This post was last modified: 16-08-2015 09:57 PM by Nurse.)
(16-08-2015 08:13 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  
(16-08-2015 05:15 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Start with Season 1 you basically need to watch the whole thing for anything to make sense.
I might need to quarantine myself for a while, then. lol Okay, thanks. Big Grin

(16-08-2015 05:25 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  I know I'm in a big minority here, but after watching the show for 5 years it amounted to being a big waste of time. If you're cool with the following: Any kind of sex, gory and tasteless violence, bitching and nagging, "politics", cursing and completely unpredictable character deaths (minor and major); then it's right up your alley.
but you watched it for five years, so i'm wondering if you are into this type of thing. haha Laugh out load jk!

like these?

[Image: sexy-brown-viking-boots.jpg]

Nah - those are too winterish and I might break my neck while dancing. Hobo

Just noticed the boots Chas posted have Eagles. So no, not exactly like those, but similar.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
17-08-2015, 06:35 AM
This happened to my girlfriend's aunt, not me, but I got to witness the horrifying aftermath yesterday.

They have one of those robot vacuum cleaner things that periodically roams the house and cleans automatically. When they came to meet us for lunch they left it going, as usual. We all went back to their house, and here's what went down:

At some point soon after they'd left, the dog had obviously decided to take a massive shit on the kitchen floor. Inevitably, the vacuum came across that shit and just plowed right through it, oblivious to the devastation it was about to unleash. It then spent the next couple hours smearing poo across most of the first floor of the house.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
17-08-2015, 06:38 AM
(17-08-2015 06:35 AM)yakherder Wrote:  This happened to my girlfriend's aunt, not me, but I got to witness the horrifying aftermath yesterday.

They have one of those robot vacuum cleaner things that periodically roams the house and cleans automatically. When they came to meet us for lunch they left it going, as usual. We all went back to their house, and here's what went down:

At some point soon after they'd left, the dog had obviously decided to take a massive shit on the kitchen floor. Inevitably, the vacuum came across that shit and just plowed right through it, oblivious to the devastation it was about to unleash. It then spent the next couple hours smearing poo across most of the first floor of the house.

Roomba and yeah, I have actually heard something like this happening before believe it or not.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze