What is your latest first world problem ?

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.67 Average
25-08-2015, 09:46 AM
RE: What is your latest first world problem ?
(25-08-2015 09:32 AM)Banjo Wrote:  It is my nephew's birthday and we are going out to dinner tonight. It is now 1.30 am. So I have heaps of time. My problem is choosing from the great many restaurants in my area to take he and his GF to? That I can now afford.

I am sure I'll figure something out. There's a good Greek place just up the street or an Italian, or a Korean etc...

I vote for Korean. I'd burn a small village for some naengmyeon right now, given the hot weather. Of course it's not summer over there, so they probably wouldn't be serving it if they're traditional. Kimchi jjigae would be a good runner up Drooling

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
25-08-2015, 09:47 AM
(25-08-2015 09:28 AM)yakherder Wrote:  A jar of wheat germ I haven't opened in a few months but thought would be fine seems to have hatched. I almost didn't notice. The first thing that seemed strange was that the bottom layer was normal colored, but the top layer was a little lighter. Upon closer examination, the top was fuzzy and appeared to be moving slightly. Upon even closer examination (with a magnifying glass), there are thousands of tiny bugs running around on top.

Finding a different recipe I guess...

Now you're never going to be able to use wheat germ again without checking for bugs. Confused

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
25-08-2015, 09:50 AM
(25-08-2015 09:47 AM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  
(25-08-2015 09:28 AM)yakherder Wrote:  A jar of wheat germ I haven't opened in a few months but thought would be fine seems to have hatched. I almost didn't notice. The first thing that seemed strange was that the bottom layer was normal colored, but the top layer was a little lighter. Upon closer examination, the top was fuzzy and appeared to be moving slightly. Upon even closer examination (with a magnifying glass), there are thousands of tiny bugs running around on top.

Finding a different recipe I guess...

Now you're never going to be able to use wheat germ again without checking for bugs. Confused

The same probably goes for anyone who reads this. I take pride in any paranoia I can spread.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
25-08-2015, 09:52 AM
(25-08-2015 09:46 AM)yakherder Wrote:  I vote for Korean. I'd burn a small village for some naengmyeon right now, given the hot weather. Of course it's not summer over there, so they probably wouldn't be serving it if they're traditional. Kimchi jjigae would be a good runner up Drooling

Kim Chi soup eh? Nice advice!

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
25-08-2015, 09:56 AM
(25-08-2015 09:52 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(25-08-2015 09:46 AM)yakherder Wrote:  I vote for Korean. I'd burn a small village for some naengmyeon right now, given the hot weather. Of course it's not summer over there, so they probably wouldn't be serving it if they're traditional. Kimchi jjigae would be a good runner up Drooling

Kim Chi soup eh? Nice advice!

I get nostalgic over it. When I was studying in Hangzhou most of my classmates were Korean, and there was a very popular Korean restaurant just off campus. Their specialty was this thick kimchi stew with chicken, potatoes, and carrots. I could probably live happily for the rest of my life off the broth alone.

'Murican Canadian
25-08-2015, 10:41 AM
[Image: N6hLS0r.jpg]

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 1 user Likes itsnotmeitsyou's post
25-08-2015, 10:42 AM
(25-08-2015 10:41 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  [Image: N6hLS0r.jpg]

Dude that's Australia.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
25-08-2015, 10:46 AM
(25-08-2015 09:56 AM)yakherder Wrote:  
(25-08-2015 09:52 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Kim Chi soup eh? Nice advice!

I get nostalgic over it. When I was studying in Hangzhou most of my classmates were Korean, and there was a very popular Korean restaurant just off campus. Their specialty was this thick kimchi stew with chicken, potatoes, and carrots. I could probably live happily for the rest of my life off the broth alone.

I can make kim chi. I nearly married a Korean. Trouble was she couldn't handle my being a musician and the choice was simple. Woman I loved vs music and drums?

Drums and music won of course.

My last GF. We broke up in 1999. I'll never have another. Drums or death. There is no other choice.

But I did come away able to cook all the Korean foods. Smile

Same thing happened with the Princess who asked me to marry her. I had to choose drums and music. And that was back in 93?

Fuck I spent a lot of time on the road.

Don't mind me. It's 2.46 am and I am off my face on med's! Big Grin

Banjo.
25-08-2015, 01:44 PM
Growing bored of the internet............. :/

Be true to yourself. Heart
25-08-2015, 02:30 PM
(25-08-2015 01:44 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Growing bored of the internet............. :/

Here you go. This should help! Smile

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 2 users Like Can_of_Beans's post