What is your latest first world problem ?

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.67 Average
25-08-2015, 04:41 PM
RE: What is your latest first world problem ?
(25-08-2015 02:30 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  
(25-08-2015 01:44 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Growing bored of the internet............. :/

Here you go. This should help! Smile

lol I love it. I'm cured. Laugh out load

TTA is awesome, but I'm more talking about face book. It's just become a bore. Unsure

Be true to yourself. Heart
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
25-08-2015, 04:44 PM
I hit the limit today on desserts and candy...I didn't think it was possible.

We were brought half of a huge cake, M&Ms, Jelly Belly jelly beans, candied popcorn...followed up with an assortment of cookies. When this sugar buzz wears off I should be unconscious.

Didn't consume any real food today. Tongue

Life's short - eat dessert all damn day!

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
25-08-2015, 05:23 PM
(25-08-2015 09:50 AM)yakherder Wrote:  
(25-08-2015 09:47 AM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  Now you're never going to be able to use wheat germ again without checking for bugs. Confused

The same probably goes for anyone who reads this. I take pride in any paranoia I can spread.

Some day, somehow, I will get you for this. Angry Watch your back. Evil_monster

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
25-08-2015, 11:54 PM
'sarcastic' Yeah... Immigration wasn't talked about when Obama was running for office, or the time before, also before that and so on. The word "immigration" wasn't being said on the American TV news channels nearly every day for years now either. No..... It's only recently a topic, because some guy with popcorn colored hair said criminals were crossing the border.

:|
[+] 4 users Like Lienda Bella's post
26-08-2015, 03:17 AM
(25-08-2015 11:54 PM)Lienda Bella Wrote:  'sarcastic' Yeah... Immigration wasn't talked about when Obama was running for office, or the time before, also before that and so on. The word "immigration" wasn't being said on the American TV news channels nearly every day for years now either. No..... It's only recently a topic, because some guy with popcorn colored hair said criminals were crossing the border.

Bravo. Ain't that the damn truth.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
26-08-2015, 04:50 AM
Re: What is your latest first world problem ?
My daughter's Korean grandmother makes me all kinds of delicious food, but I'll never be able to order it in any restaurant because I can't pronounce or spell most of it. Sad
[+] 3 users Like mecanna's post
26-08-2015, 05:57 AM
(26-08-2015 03:17 AM)Nurse Wrote:  
(25-08-2015 11:54 PM)Lienda Bella Wrote:  'sarcastic' Yeah... Immigration wasn't talked about when Obama was running for office, or the time before, also before that and so on. The word "immigration" wasn't being said on the American TV news channels nearly every day for years now either. No..... It's only recently a topic, because some guy with popcorn colored hair said criminals were crossing the border.

Bravo. Ain't that the damn truth.

Well, no, actually.

Opposition to immigration has a long history in the United States, going back to at least the 1790's.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
26-08-2015, 06:40 AM
(26-08-2015 05:57 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(26-08-2015 03:17 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Bravo. Ain't that the damn truth.

Well, no, actually.

Opposition to immigration has a long history in the United States, going back to at least the 1790's.

Trump is getting all the rednecks riled up about it. I haven't heard about immigration and building a wall to keep out brown people bullshit in years.

The idea of wasting money on a wall is infuriating.

If anything, maybe it will get talks back open on immigration reform and actually fix this mess (ha, politicians fixing something). I've met Guatemalens (here illegally) that FUCKING WALKED here. We're refusing citizenship to people that have the cahones and the will and the desperation and the strength to get here and then deny them the ability to become productive members of this society. It's asinine.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
26-08-2015, 08:45 AM
(26-08-2015 05:57 AM)Chas Wrote:  Opposition to immigration has a long history in the United States, going back to at least the 1790's.

Opposition to immigration in North America probably started about 15,000 years ago as soon as the second wave of people wondered in via Beringia. Wink

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Popeye's Pappy's post
26-08-2015, 08:54 AM
(26-08-2015 04:50 AM)mecanna Wrote:  My daughter's Korean grandmother makes me all kinds of delicious food, but I'll never be able to order it in any restaurant because I can't pronounce or spell most of it. Sad

You could probably learn Korean phonetics in a few days and be able to sound out items on a menu even if you don't know their meaning Smile

At first glance Korean may appear to be composed of characters formed by radicals, but unlike Chinese it's actually completely sound based, and more consistent than most other writing systems. If you know what sound the "letters" make, you can read Korean text with a fairly high degree of accuracy.

'Murican Canadian