What is your latest first world problem ?

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.67 Average
04-09-2015, 07:56 PM
RE: What is your latest first world problem ?
(04-09-2015 07:38 PM)Imathinker Wrote:  The microwave in my dorm room will not reheat the pizza correctly. It only cooks the outside of the slice and the middle is cold or the middle is hot and the outside is several thousand degrees. Pondering a solution... what would happen if I put a big bowl upside down on top of the pizza and the microwave heats the bowl which then by convection heats the air inside along with the pizza? At any rate I don't have a bowl so it doesn't make any difference.

Microwave ovens only heat water molecules - the bowl won't be directly heated.

Also, heat it then let the pizza sit in the microwave for 30 seconds to let the heat distribution even out.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-09-2015, 08:00 PM
(04-09-2015 07:56 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(04-09-2015 07:38 PM)Imathinker Wrote:  The microwave in my dorm room will not reheat the pizza correctly. It only cooks the outside of the slice and the middle is cold or the middle is hot and the outside is several thousand degrees. Pondering a solution... what would happen if I put a big bowl upside down on top of the pizza and the microwave heats the bowl which then by convection heats the air inside along with the pizza? At any rate I don't have a bowl so it doesn't make any difference.

Also, heat it then let the pizza sit in the microwave for 30 seconds to let the heat distribution even out.

Boil the pizza. Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
04-09-2015, 08:19 PM
[/quote]

[/quote]

Wow I did not know that, at least I learned something today! I will try all suggestions. Except maybe boil the pizza I'm not sure where you're going with that, hahaha. At least my roommate did not eat my pizza this time that was unfortunate...

A man should not believe in an ism, he should believe in himself. -Ferris Bueller

That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom. -Jack Sparrow
05-09-2015, 07:37 AM (This post was last modified: 05-09-2015 07:51 AM by yakherder.)
The Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious song is stuck in my head.

And how the hell does supercalifragilisticexpialidocious meet spell check approval when the "hell" I just typed has to be keyed individually so it doesn't get changed to bell? Not that supercalifragilisticexpialidocious is a bad word, but I'm pretty sure it's used slightly less frequently than hell.

'Murican Canadian
05-09-2015, 07:42 AM
Have to take the T today and have learned that MBTA ticket dispensers will only take cash rather than credit or debit cards. That means I have to put more on the ticket than the exactly two subway fares I need.

I'm afraid this means the MBTA's been hacked, but so far they're not saying.
05-09-2015, 07:59 AM
(05-09-2015 07:37 AM)yakherder Wrote:  The Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious song is stuck in my head.

And how the hell does supercalifragilisticexpialidocious meet spell check approval when the "hell" I just typed has to be keyed individually so it doesn't get changed to bell? Not that supercalifragilisticexpialidocious is a bad word, but I'm pretty sure it's used slightly less frequently than hell.

Evil_monsterAngry
You bastard!

Now that song will be stuck in my head all damn day.

You suck!

Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
05-09-2015, 08:06 AM
(05-09-2015 07:59 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(05-09-2015 07:37 AM)yakherder Wrote:  The Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious song is stuck in my head.

Evil_monsterAngry
You bastard!

Now that song will be stuck in my head all damn day.

You suck!

Tongue

I sincerely apologize Tongue

[Image: tMyrC8J.jpg]

'Murican Canadian
[+] 4 users Like yakherder's post
05-09-2015, 08:18 AM
(04-09-2015 07:56 PM)Chas Wrote:  

Reheat the pizza for longer but at a lower power setting. If you've been reheating on high (100% power) for 1 minute, try 2 minutes at 50% power, that way the pizza will heat up more slowly and the longer time will allow the hotter parts to distribute the heat to cooler parts.

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
[+] 1 user Likes unsapien's post
05-09-2015, 06:22 PM
Hung over. All. Day. Long.

But, damn, did I have fun last night. Big Grin

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 4 users Like Deidre32's post
06-09-2015, 01:37 PM
Hiccups Dodgy

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze