What is your latest first world problem ?

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.67 Average
06-09-2015, 05:41 PM
RE: What is your latest first world problem ?
(06-09-2015 01:37 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Hiccups Dodgy

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/shared/spl/hi/po...html/2.stm

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-09-2015, 05:45 PM
(06-09-2015 05:41 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(06-09-2015 01:37 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Hiccups Dodgy

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/shared/spl/hi/po...html/2.stm

I would have killed myself.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
06-09-2015, 06:02 PM
(06-09-2015 05:45 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(06-09-2015 05:41 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/shared/spl/hi/po...html/2.stm

I would have killed myself.

Eh, after the first 20 years everything slows down and you get used to it.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
06-09-2015, 06:18 PM
(06-09-2015 06:02 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(06-09-2015 05:45 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  I would have killed myself.

Eh, after the first 20 years everything slows down and you get used to it.

Gotta not go crazy after the first 20 years though lol

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
07-09-2015, 12:11 AM
When you butcher a word so badly, that spell check has no options offered. lol Laugh out load

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 2 users Like Deidre32's post
07-09-2015, 01:12 AM
I am no longer allowed to eat certain foods, such as sushi and sashimi. Sad

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
07-09-2015, 02:14 AM
Why does my fridge have it's temperature dial labelled 1-7...?

That gives me no useful information! How cold is 1? or 2? How far down is 7?! Would it have been so hard to have notches on the dial panel says X, Y, Z degrees at regular intervals, as opposed to undefined numbers on the dial itself?

Screw you, NEC for your ridiculous, illogical temperature gauging system. With such a silly method you chose, it's no wonder you don't sell fridges any more!

[+] 4 users Like Free Thought's post
07-09-2015, 02:15 AM
(07-09-2015 02:14 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Why does my fridge have it's temperature dial labelled 1-7...?

That gives me no useful information! How cold is 1? or 2? How far down is 7?! Would it have been so hard to have notches on the dial panel says X, Y, Z degrees at regular intervals, as opposed to undefined numbers on the dial itself?

Screw you, NEC for your ridiculous, illogical temperature gauging system. With such a silly method you chose, it's no wonder you don't sell fridges any more!

Not only that - but how the fuck am I supposed to know which way is cold and which way is warm without sacrificing the safety my food or freezing the shit out of it?

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 4 users Like Nurse's post
07-09-2015, 02:21 AM
(07-09-2015 02:15 AM)Nurse Wrote:  
(07-09-2015 02:14 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Why does my fridge have it's temperature dial labelled 1-7...?

Not only that - but how the fuck am I supposed to know which way is cold and which way is warm without sacrificing the safety my food or freezing the shit out of it?

See, if they actually told you the temp, and you measured it at a different temp, they could be in trouble if you complained. Like this... no worries Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
07-09-2015, 07:06 AM
I need to start studying for the GRE, like yesterday. I decided to apply to grad school, Nov 1 is the deadline, and they suggest sooner the better, and it opens Sep 15. If I don't get in, it will only be because they fill it up with qualified applicants before I turn in my app. The GRE is the only requirement I haven't met.

I'm gonna draft up a plan this week and see if I can manage to go to school full time, or if I'm going to have to go part time. More scholarships are available to full time students and very few nurses go to grad school full time which increases my chances. I could move in with my brother in Huntsville during that time, work PRN, and take out loans to make up the difference.

The masters I'm looking at is almost completely distance (it's informatics, afterall) and can be completed in 3 semesters (one calendar year). The sooner I go and get out, the sooner my income doubles. And the sooner I'm no longer miserable.

Now I have to get together three professional recommendations - I always hate calling people for that...

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post