What is your latest first world problem ?

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.67 Average
07-09-2015, 11:03 AM
RE: What is your latest first world problem ?
(07-09-2015 10:32 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(07-09-2015 10:04 AM)Chas Wrote:  They're usually on-line as well. Dodgy

Can you tell Chas is a programer? Look I clearly explained it in the textbook sized manual if you can't figure it out that's a user issue not a design issue.

Nah, you skip the first 12 pages which are safety warnings like "Don't climb into the freezer compartment", skip the whole parts list, skip the 5 pages of set up information, and read the 2 or 3 pages on how to operate. If you have any energy left, you can take a quick look at the 3 pages of troubleshooting info.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
07-09-2015, 11:37 AM
(07-09-2015 02:14 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Why does my fridge have it's temperature dial labelled 1-7...?

That gives me no useful information! How cold is 1? or 2? How far down is 7?! Would it have been so hard to have notches on the dial panel says X, Y, Z degrees at regular intervals, as opposed to undefined numbers on the dial itself?

Screw you, NEC for your ridiculous, illogical temperature gauging system. With such a silly method you chose, it's no wonder you don't sell fridges any more!

it probably has a manual to reference. Drinking Beverage

a 7 sounds like it would be Antarctica Laugh out load

Be true to yourself. Heart
Find all posts by this user
07-09-2015, 07:54 PM
(07-09-2015 11:37 AM)Deidre32 Wrote:  
(07-09-2015 02:14 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Why does my fridge have it's temperature dial labelled 1-7...?

That gives me no useful information! How cold is 1? or 2? How far down is 7?! Would it have been so hard to have notches on the dial panel says X, Y, Z degrees at regular intervals, as opposed to undefined numbers on the dial itself?

Screw you, NEC for your ridiculous, illogical temperature gauging system. With such a silly method you chose, it's no wonder you don't sell fridges any more!

it probably has a manual to reference. Drinking Beverage

a 7 sounds like it would be Antarctica Laugh out load

It doesn't actually.

And yes, 7 is bad. It half-froze my lemonade...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
07-09-2015, 11:43 PM
(07-09-2015 10:32 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(07-09-2015 10:04 AM)Chas Wrote:  They're usually on-line as well. Dodgy

Can you tell Chas is a programer? Look I clearly explained it in the textbook sized manual if you can't figure it out that's a user issue not a design issue.

That's not a programmer at all. Stereotypical programmer assumes everyone knows to hit Ctrl-Alt-Del to start the program Big Grin

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
07-09-2015, 11:47 PM
But why is 7 cold?

The lower the number the colder it should be 0C is freezing, 100C is boiling. So suddenly 0 is "let's see what kinda organisms we can grow out of this roast beef" instead of turning your milk into ice cream.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
08-09-2015, 12:15 AM
(07-09-2015 11:47 PM)Nurse Wrote:  But why is 7 cold?

Why is 0 green? Riddle me that?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
08-09-2015, 04:29 AM
(07-09-2015 02:15 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Not only that - but how the fuck am I supposed to know which way is cold and which way is warm without sacrificing the safety my food or freezing the shit out of it?

And how do we know if fridge light really goes off when you close the door?

So many uncertainties in life. Weeping

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 1 user Likes Slowminded's post
08-09-2015, 06:30 AM
(08-09-2015 04:29 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(07-09-2015 02:15 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Not only that - but how the fuck am I supposed to know which way is cold and which way is warm without sacrificing the safety my food or freezing the shit out of it?

And how do we know if fridge light really goes off when you close the door?

Sad because I can press the button with the door still open.

Another first world problem:
I need a pouty sad face emoticon.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
08-09-2015, 06:53 AM
Re: What is your latest first world problem ?
The fabulous,sixty-minute Price is Right is coming, live, to town near me.... and I don't think I'll be able to get tickets and go. Weeping
08-09-2015, 07:05 AM
(08-09-2015 06:30 AM)Nurse Wrote:  
(08-09-2015 04:29 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  And how do we know if fridge light really goes off when you close the door?

Another first world problem:
I need a pouty sad face emoticon.

I don`t think you do No

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's