What is your latest first world problem ?

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.67 Average
20-09-2015, 08:09 PM
RE: What is your latest first world problem ?
(20-09-2015 07:51 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(19-09-2015 07:21 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I 'get' to spend tomorrow sewing Girl Scout badges on my granddaughter's uniform.

Doesn't get much more exciting in my world. Dodgy

I knew that the GS were down with accepting any gender identification. Do they tolerate the non-religious, as well? I don't volunteer for the Boy Scouts of America currently. I did for 15 years, before atheism. Also, my youngest is 26 YO, and I don't feel comfortable volunteering in an organization when my spawn isn't a member. It's kind of creepy to me, someone being around whose child isn't in the organization.

I was a scout, my girls were scouts, and now my oldest granddaughter is a scout. I don't recall religion being discussed beyond the couple words in the GS pledge. I think it probably depends a lot on the troop and the leaders of same.

I did my time as GS cookie mom on Fort Jackson. My daughter attends some of her daughter's camp outs. My function is to sew on the badges since my daughter refuses to learn how...that's my contribution....along with buying some cookies. The troop granddaughter is in is very active so she gets to do a lot of things she may not have the opportunity to do otherwise.

Daughter and son-in-law are atheist so granddaughter isn't part of any religious group either.

Badges sewn on today - minimal bloodshed... Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-09-2015, 09:39 AM
I have naturally moist eyeballs so sometimes I'll end up just thousand yard staring at something and due to my naturally moist eyeballs I'll just stare like that for fucking ages because the need to blink isn't there to wake me up.

#moisteyeballcurse
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
21-09-2015, 09:59 AM
(21-09-2015 09:39 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I have naturally moist eyeballs so sometimes I'll end up just thousand yard staring at something and due to my naturally moist eyeballs I'll just stare like that for fucking ages because the need to blink isn't there to wake me up.

#moisteyeballcurse

Better than having other overly moist balls...

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 1 user Likes itsnotmeitsyou's post
21-09-2015, 12:55 PM
I had to drive to work and back from work with my gas light on yesterday, so I missed an interview this morning for a second job.

I love it.
21-09-2015, 03:14 PM
(21-09-2015 12:55 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  I had to drive to work and back from work with my gas light on yesterday, so I missed an interview this morning for a second job.

I love it.

Sorry Hug Hope you manage to make it next time Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
21-09-2015, 03:42 PM
(21-09-2015 09:59 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(21-09-2015 09:39 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I have naturally moist eyeballs so sometimes I'll end up just thousand yard staring at something and due to my naturally moist eyeballs I'll just stare like that for fucking ages because the need to blink isn't there to wake me up.

#moisteyeballcurse

Better than having other overly moist balls...

But that's an easy problem to fix...

[Image: keeping-your-balls-dry_1433168517.jpg]

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 1 user Likes Can_of_Beans's post
22-09-2015, 06:18 AM
(21-09-2015 03:42 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  
(21-09-2015 09:59 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  Better than having other overly moist balls...

But that's an easy problem to fix...

[Image: keeping-your-balls-dry_1433168517.jpg]

I tried these, but I don't think I'm using them right.

[Image: dryerballs2.jpg]

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 2 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post
22-09-2015, 06:48 AM
One of the cats has figured out how to open the dryer to get to the bed of warm clothes.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
22-09-2015, 07:07 AM
(22-09-2015 06:48 AM)yakherder Wrote:  One of the cats has figured out how to open the dryer to get to the bed of warm clothes.

The usual cure is to poppy kitty inside the dryer and give him a short "fun ride"....

They'll stay on the other side of the house from the dryer from then on.............

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
23-09-2015, 10:43 AM (This post was last modified: 23-09-2015 11:11 AM by Lienda Bella.)
For nearly two weeks, the toilet tank filled up all the way, but not the bowl. The bowl would only hold 4 cups of water or so. Right on queue, it fills up completely this morning, and now the plumbers finally come in the afternoon.

This morning, I woke up to my mom mumbling and grumbling about the flap not landing over the tank hole properly that it keeps running the water into the bowl. It makes a trickle sound, and then 'whoosh.' Then it continues an ongoing trickle sound, and then "whoosh," because it's got to keep it filled to a certain level. Right on time! Now it wants to do it.
Frusty

The plumbers flushed the toilet, and in seconds the toilet is repaired? (I've opened the tank several times now before, because the chain used to snag under that annoying flap! The stupid flap has to fit perfectly. Wtf. This toilet's design isn't up to my standards, but it's not like I can do anything about it.) I also felt too nervous to mention the broken shower head holder. whee.....

I'm so tired of everything happening this way! Something acts up with the car, the computer, the VCR, or whatever, so I ask for help. When the help comes, then it suddenly #$% works like it should, and they might think I'm a moron. I really hate that!
[+] 1 user Likes Lienda Bella's post