What is your latest first world problem ?

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.67 Average
23-09-2015, 01:43 PM
RE: What is your latest first world problem ?
Arrrrrggggghhhh!!!!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Nishi Karano Kaze's post
23-09-2015, 02:19 PM
(23-09-2015 01:43 PM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  Arrrrrggggghhhh!!!!

Laugh out load
23-09-2015, 02:25 PM

You found the Holy Grail?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
23-09-2015, 06:40 PM
Welp go to start my car to go to my buddies house, and it won't start radio doesn't even come on. You guessed it battery is totally dead, not even the automatic locks are working at the moment.

Now comes the wait for my buddy to come to my apartment instead so he can take me to the auto store to get a new battery.

“We can judge our progress by the courage of our questions and the depth of our answers, our willingness to embrace what is true rather than what feels good.”
― Carl Sagan
23-09-2015, 07:45 PM
(23-09-2015 06:40 PM)Worom Wrote:  Welp go to start my car to go to my buddies house, and it won't start radio doesn't even come on. You guessed it battery is totally dead, not even the automatic locks are working at the moment.

Now comes the wait for my buddy to come to my apartment instead so he can take me to the auto store to get a new battery.

Bummer. It used to be that batteries generally would fail gracefully. You would notice that the car cranked a little more slowly and would know that the end was near for the battery (or possibly the starter). I'm talking about 30 years ago. Now, they go tango-uniform at the drop of a hat. I now take my vehicles up to the auto parts store when the battery is four years old and have them tested. ANY indication of failure (yes, even a false negative) and that battery gets replaced. I can't have my wife or kids stuck in some bad neighborhood or in a torrential rain or something for the $10 difference of use before failure that I might have got from said battery. I'm not faulting you, just saying what I have learned to try to forestall it, based on the same experience you just had. I've had it happen enough times, myself. Sometimes they fail way before the alleged life is up. Batteries, like beer, are only rented.
23-09-2015, 08:08 PM
(23-09-2015 07:45 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(23-09-2015 06:40 PM)Worom Wrote:  Welp go to start my car to go to my buddies house, and it won't start radio doesn't even come on. You guessed it battery is totally dead, not even the automatic locks are working at the moment.

Bummer. It used to be that batteries generally would fail gracefully. You would notice that the car cranked a little more slowly and would know that the end was near for the battery (or possibly the starter). I'm talking about 30 years ago. Now, they go tango-uniform at the drop of a hat. I now take my vehicles up to the auto parts store when the battery is four years old and have them tested. ANY indication of failure (yes, even a false negative) and that battery gets replaced. I can't have my wife or kids stuck in some bad neighborhood or in a torrential rain or something for the $10 difference of use before failure that I might have got from said battery. I'm not faulting you, just saying what I have learned to try to forestall it, based on the same experience you just had. I've had it happen enough times, myself. Sometimes they fail way before the alleged life is up. Batteries, like beer, are only rented.

This is true batteries are just like beer, especially here in AZ, the sticker on the battery says it will last 5 years. Not the case in this state by any means most we usually get is 2 years. They have a tendency to randomly fail here more so than anywhere else.

“We can judge our progress by the courage of our questions and the depth of our answers, our willingness to embrace what is true rather than what feels good.”
― Carl Sagan
23-09-2015, 08:17 PM (This post was last modified: 23-09-2015 09:47 PM by Anjele.)
(23-09-2015 08:08 PM)Worom Wrote:  
(23-09-2015 07:45 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Bummer. It used to be that batteries generally would fail gracefully. You would notice that the car cranked a little more slowly and would know that the end was near for the battery (or possibly the starter). I'm talking about 30 years ago. Now, they go tango-uniform at the drop of a hat. I now take my vehicles up to the auto parts store when the battery is four years old and have them tested. ANY indication of failure (yes, even a false negative) and that battery gets replaced. I can't have my wife or kids stuck in some bad neighborhood or in a torrential rain or something for the $10 difference of use before failure that I might have got from said battery. I'm not faulting you, just saying what I have learned to try to forestall it, based on the same experience you just had. I've had it happen enough times, myself. Sometimes they fail way before the alleged life is up. Batteries, like beer, are only rented.

This is true batteries are just like beer, especially here in AZ, the sticker on the battery says it will last 5 years. Not the case in this state by any means most we usually get is 2 years. They have a tendency to randomly fail here more so than anywhere else.

Extreme heat and extreme cold are not friends to a car battery.

We learned that our first full summer here in TX when we laid the batteries in all the cars to rest. A couple years ago we had the fun of having to replace the battery in my car, that apparently froze to death when we had an ice storm that entombed my car in a glacier. Hours with a hair dryer got me into one door only to find out that the battery is in the very back of the car near the hatch that wasn't opening - no way, no how. So it was climb from the front seat to the back to the way, way back, take out the fake floor, wrestle the old battery out and then do it all again to install the new battery. My husband is too tall for maneuvers like that so he was calling out instructions to me.

Come to think if it, I have to get my oil changed here real soon, I am going to ask them to check my battery...I may start doing that every oil change.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
23-09-2015, 09:19 PM
A group I'm working in agreed to see our project advisor at 12 today. I get on the bus for the nearly hour-long ride and partway though I get a text from the person who seems to have taken the mantel of 'coordinator' of the group that the meeting time was changed to 2...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
23-09-2015, 09:39 PM
(23-09-2015 02:25 PM)morondog Wrote:  

You found the Holy Grail?

No, "aaargh." At the back of the throat.

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
23-09-2015, 09:42 PM
(23-09-2015 09:39 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  
(23-09-2015 02:25 PM)morondog Wrote:  You found the Holy Grail?

No, "aaargh." At the back of the throat.

Like this guy?

[Image: 4136419-0823076572-pict.php]

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post