What is your latest first world problem ?

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.67 Average
17-10-2015, 02:20 PM
RE: What is your latest first world problem ?
Hard shell tortilla's keep breaking! Who the fuck thought that something that is supposed to fold becoming hard would be a good thing...

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-10-2015, 02:49 PM
(17-10-2015 01:59 PM)Imathinker Wrote:  Haha easy for you guys to say...I'd be more worried about her saying yes, I mean where do you go from there? I'm not real good at the whole socializing thing. In addition I'm quite introverted and have such obscure interests, chances of real compatibility are...demoralizing. Maybe I'll give it a shot for the lols though.

I used to be pretty good at dating. Part of the reason is I'm not shy. But, here is my secret to women (probably works on men too): listen a lot more than you talk. Dating is awkward for both people. But, most people are comfortable talking about themselves. Get her talking about herself, ask about her, sniff out what you have in common, and go from there. Given the chance, a majority of people are happy to tell you about themselves. That's not a negative and you can use it to make the other person feel at ease. If you do it right, they don't realize you're steering the conversation about them.

This won't work well if you take out someone who is introverted so have a plan B.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 2 users Like BnW's post
17-10-2015, 03:33 PM
(16-10-2015 08:43 PM)Astreja Wrote:  Oh, and My hands have gone numb from the ethanol infusion. Ohmy

(16-10-2015 09:35 PM)Fireball Wrote:  No. Either enjoy them in lower quantities or end up with alcohol-induced neuropathy. /big brother

Good point about the neuropathy; I type reports for multiple medical disciplines where it shows up as a "feature" of an illness. That shit is scary.

I seem to be fine today, and in fact the odd sensation in My hands was gone well before I went to bed last night. It could have been sheer arm fatigue, as I've been doing renovations all week. It could have been an allergic reaction rather than over-consumption, as I had just one beer plus the tiny sample bottle of the pumpkin rye stuff, or possibly "notes of chocolate, licorice and coffee" in the Borg Garún stout combined with the spices in the rye caused the equivalent of a gastronomic short circuit.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-10-2015, 04:46 PM
(17-10-2015 09:46 AM)BnW Wrote:  
(16-10-2015 07:14 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I've got a huge pine tree in my backyard and every year I spend hours raking up the goddam fucking pine needles that fall and cover my lawn. It's going to cost $1000. to have it cut down which I can't afford. God I hate that goddamn tree!

I have a giant oak tree in front of my house, about 100' tall, give or take. It caught some kind of blight that is going around and in 2 weeks went from a live tree to a 100 foot wooden corpse sitting in front of my house -- which is about 10 feet away from it. I've got no choice but to take it down because, one way or another, it's coming down.

I got one quote so far for $2,000. I'm not happy.

Yup, over 1000 dollars for our tree. I'm going to have to suck of the cost of the tree service and pay the guy. The neighbors hate that tree almost as much as I do. The needles go everywhere, in all the neighbors gutters which clog them up. We have two kids in college and need a new roof on our house. It's very frustrating.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
17-10-2015, 05:03 PM
(17-10-2015 03:33 PM)Astreja Wrote:  
(16-10-2015 08:43 PM)Astreja Wrote:  Oh, and My hands have gone numb from the ethanol infusion. Ohmy

(16-10-2015 09:35 PM)Fireball Wrote:  No. Either enjoy them in lower quantities or end up with alcohol-induced neuropathy. /big brother

Good point about the neuropathy; I type reports for multiple medical disciplines where it shows up as a "feature" of an illness. That shit is scary.

I seem to be fine today, and in fact the odd sensation in My hands was gone well before I went to bed last night. It could have been sheer arm fatigue, as I've been doing renovations all week. It could have been an allergic reaction rather than over-consumption, as I had just one beer plus the tiny sample bottle of the pumpkin rye stuff, or possibly "notes of chocolate, licorice and coffee" in the Borg Garún stout combined with the spices in the rye caused the equivalent of a gastronomic short circuit.

OK, then. More likely nerve irritation/damage from running the hammer too much. BTDT and recovered, but hands were numb, then burning for a couple of weeks. That was in 1989. I still get this if I overwork my hands. Get a pneumatic nailer if you do a lot of it.
18-10-2015, 12:17 AM
(17-10-2015 01:59 PM)Imathinker Wrote:  Haha easy for you guys to say...I'd be more worried about her saying yes, I mean where do you go from there? I'm not real good at the whole socializing thing. In addition I'm quite introverted and have such obscure interests, chances of real compatibility are...demoralizing. Maybe I'll give it a shot for the lols though.

If you believe you are defeated before you start you'll be defeated. Put yourself out there. She can say no or yes, if she says yes, remember she's likely to be as awkward as you. She also wants to be put at her ease. *Confidence* is the secret sauce. It may take some time to acquire. But a confident person, no matter their facial features or other qualities, is 100 times more attractive than a not-confident person. A significant degree of confidence is simply being *decisive*. Not to the point of silliness, but e.g. if it's your job to decide the movie or the restaurant then *decide*, do take into account the other person's input, but when it's decision time, get in there my son.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
18-10-2015, 01:40 AM
(16-10-2015 07:22 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(13-10-2015 11:49 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  Something is wrong with the toilet. You know that u-bend that holds water that's supposed to so foul gases from traveling from the septic tank and pipe into your toilet? It's broken somehow- the water level goes lower than normal, so the air from the pipe can cine into the toilet. Great, my toilet stinks now.

Have you had a clog lately? Could be a broken wax seal. Is there a level below where the toilet is that you can check for leaking? That's happened at our house before. Cleared a clog, and after flushing the water level wouldn't stay up. The wax ring was broken and the toilet water was ending up in the basement.
There is no lower level.
Everything seemed fine the next day, the water level was ok, the smell was gone, but today it was clogged again. Tried clearing it and guess what- toilet water escapes from under the toilet somehow. Now my toilet really stinks. And I have to clean it. And it's 4 a.m. FML Sadcryface
Does that mean the wax ring is broken ? Can I fix it or is a plumber needed? (Hmm, extremely dirty but cheap or not dirty and not cheap...)

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
18-10-2015, 01:50 AM
(17-10-2015 04:46 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(17-10-2015 09:46 AM)BnW Wrote:  I have a giant oak tree in front of my house, about 100' tall, give or take. It caught some kind of blight that is going around and in 2 weeks went from a live tree to a 100 foot wooden corpse sitting in front of my house -- which is about 10 feet away from it. I've got no choice but to take it down because, one way or another, it's coming down.

I got one quote so far for $2,000. I'm not happy.

Yup, over 1000 dollars for our tree. I'm going to have to suck of the cost of the tree service and pay the guy. The neighbors hate that tree almost as much as I do. The needles go everywhere, in all the neighbors gutters which clog them up. We have two kids in college and need a new roof on our house. It's very frustrating.

Ask the neighbors to pitch in. Even a 100 bucks would be good. Out of curiosity, I'll ask 2 questions. 1 do pine oil cleaning products actually smell like your pine tree ? 2. How tall is the tree ?

18-10-2015, 03:26 PM
(18-10-2015 01:40 AM)Lightvader Wrote:  
(16-10-2015 07:22 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Have you had a clog lately? Could be a broken wax seal. Is there a level below where the toilet is that you can check for leaking? That's happened at our house before. Cleared a clog, and after flushing the water level wouldn't stay up. The wax ring was broken and the toilet water was ending up in the basement.
There is no lower level.
Everything seemed fine the next day, the water level was ok, the smell was gone, but today it was clogged again. Tried clearing it and guess what- toilet water escapes from under the toilet somehow. Now my toilet really stinks. And I have to clean it. And it's 4 a.m. FML Sadcryface
Does that mean the wax ring is broken ? Can I fix it or is a plumber needed? (Hmm, extremely dirty but cheap or not dirty and not cheap...)

Yeah if it keeps clogging and you've got a water level that won't stay up, and it's escaping from underneath the toilet I'd say you've definitely got a broken wax ring. It's not super hard to do yourself if you've got two people, it's just a messy job Undecided look up some YouTube videos on how to replace the wax ring to decide if you feel comfortable doing it, or if you want to get a plumber.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
18-10-2015, 04:23 PM
I think I'm gonna do it. Just have to find a hardware store nearby.
Thanks!

[+] 1 user Likes Lightvader's post