What is your latest first world problem ?

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.67 Average
24-10-2015, 07:44 PM
RE: What is your latest first world problem ?
Today was the day I'd marked in my calendar as they day I'd be eligible to submit my application for Canadian citizenship.

Since the last time I logged onto the website, however, new rules which were introduced last year (but not yet in effect) went into effect that A: Increase my residency requirement from 3 years to 4 years and B: No longer allow me to count days I was here as a non resident while waiting for my residency as half days.

So... I have to wait about another year and a half :/

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
25-10-2015, 12:04 AM
My cat Frey Kittehson somehow managed to disappear one of the feet from My keyboard, so right now I have it propped up with a notebook and a folded-up eyeglass-cleaning cloth.

Oh, and Frey is now on the other side of the desk, trying to knock over My soda with his attack-trained bushy tail.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Astreja's post
25-10-2015, 12:12 AM
(25-10-2015 12:04 AM)Astreja Wrote:  My cat Frey Kittehson somehow managed to disappear one of the feet from My keyboard, so right now I have it propped up with a notebook and a folded-up eyeglass-cleaning cloth.

Oh, and Frey is now on the other side of the desk, trying to knock over My soda with his attack-trained bushy tail.

Frey Kittehson Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
25-10-2015, 12:25 AM
(25-10-2015 12:04 AM)Astreja Wrote:  My cat Frey Kittehson somehow managed to disappear one of the feet from My keyboard, so right now I have it propped up with a notebook and a folded-up eyeglass-cleaning cloth.

The best name.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
26-10-2015, 06:03 AM
Urgh...

I had to go see a counsellor at uni, and ever since then, I've been tired as fuck and don't know why...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
26-10-2015, 06:18 AM
Fucking Apple/Mac has decided to stop supporting the Aperture program, this means I now have to learn Lightroom and Photoshop. Not only do I have to learn it but I’ll have to export 20,000+ images and hope I don’t lose the RAW data or the metadata... [Image: k2QGflV.gif?zoom=2]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
26-10-2015, 06:19 AM
(26-10-2015 06:03 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Urgh...

I had to go see a counsellor at uni, and ever since then, I've been tired as fuck and don't know why...

Psycological stress can wear you out faster than physical stress. Hope all went well.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
26-10-2015, 06:30 AM (This post was last modified: 27-10-2015 01:10 AM by Free Thought.)
(26-10-2015 06:19 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(26-10-2015 06:03 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Urgh...

Psycological stress can wear you out faster than physical stress. Hope all went well.

After a 45-odd minute talk about virtually everything under the sun ('How is your course going', 'what do you do in your spare time', 'how is your relationship with your parents', 'do you want to hurt yourself', you know; the standard fare...), they figured it would be best for me to see one of the uni's GPs, so I could get a referral to one of the uni's psychs for assessment. They were hoping that I'd be able to use the resultant paper trail to get some breaks reserved for those that need them.
...With the additional benefit of actually being psychologically examined...

So I guess it depends on what metrics you'd use to gauge how well it went.

26-10-2015, 10:28 PM
Edit: Wrong thread

'Murican Canadian
27-10-2015, 07:30 PM (This post was last modified: 27-10-2015 07:33 PM by Lienda Bella.)
I saw a picture that had a guy in it that held a sign that said he's with feminism because he's tired of people saying that a strap-on was unmanly. I thought "Aren't homophobes the ones responsible for calling things unmanly? I could swear it was all their fault."

Hobo
OH! Wait a minute. Was he joking? Maybe he was joking.
[+] 1 user Likes Lienda Bella's post