What is your latest first world problem ?

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.67 Average
27-10-2015, 08:12 PM
RE: What is your latest first world problem ?
Some butt-cheek employed at my company that I retired from almost a year ago called up and left a message requesting information about something I did, or could offer advice on. I called back and got a runaround. I figure I will make them contact a contractor organization who will hire me, get me a badge, and have me come in to answer their question(s). I'm thinking $200/per hour, including the time that it takes be to get my contractor badge and any briefings necessary. Whatever the question is, this will be cheaper than them figuring it out for themselves. Laughat They aren't going to get it on the phone for free, guaran-fucking-teed. I worked thousands of uncompensated hours for them; it won't happen again. What is my 1st world problem? I was doing the work which in the past took 7 people, got treated like I could be let go at any time, lucky to have a job, and I couldn't get a measly $25k a fucking year raise. Guess how many people they had to hire when I left? See bolding above. Big Grin And I documented everything I did in spades- they shouldn't even have to ask. Hmm, where is the bull-scuffing-manure-on-the-matador smiley? I would do that work for about 1 day a month so that it doesn't interfere with my Social Security check. Otherwise, they will have to do deep knee bends on a fire hydrant. How do you think I feel about my former employer, lol.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like Fireball's post
27-10-2015, 08:24 PM
I bought an electric blanket, and anticipated snuggling up under it on this cool rainy evening. Well, the damn thing sucks. Even on the highest setting, it is barely warm, and it only stays warm for a few minutes before turning off.
[+] 1 user Likes beeglez's post
27-10-2015, 08:34 PM
I wish I could Facebook share that picture that has God accidently dumping a can of A-holes on planet earth. It sums up what I'm thinking right now perfectly.
[+] 1 user Likes Lienda Bella's post
27-10-2015, 08:42 PM
(27-10-2015 08:24 PM)beeglez Wrote:  I bought an electric blanket, and anticipated snuggling up under it on this cool rainy evening. Well, the damn thing sucks. Even on the highest setting, it is barely warm, and it only stays warm for a few minutes before turning off.

You don't want teh low-frequency electricity destroying your fertility, anyway. Gasp

Just PM me so that I can have my wife make a nice comfy chair quilt for you.
27-10-2015, 09:22 PM
(27-10-2015 08:34 PM)Lienda Bella Wrote:  I wish I could Facebook share that picture that has God accidently dumping a can of A-holes on planet earth. It sums up what I'm thinking right now perfectly.
[Image: 79d3cd958d0163453ddc617a17037a6b.jpg]
[+] 5 users Like Clockwork's post
28-10-2015, 06:22 AM
(27-10-2015 08:12 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Some butt-cheek employed at my company that I retired from almost a year ago called up and left a message requesting information about something I did, or could offer advice on. I called back and got a runaround. I figure I will make them contact a contractor organization who will hire me, get me a badge, and have me come in to answer their question(s). I'm thinking $200/per hour, including the time that it takes be to get my contractor badge and any briefings necessary. Whatever the question is, this will be cheaper than them figuring it out for themselves. Laughat They aren't going to get it on the phone for free, guaran-fucking-teed. I worked thousands of uncompensated hours for them; it won't happen again. What is my 1st world problem? I was doing the work which in the past took 7 people, got treated like I could be let go at any time, lucky to have a job, and I couldn't get a measly $25k a fucking year raise. Guess how many people they had to hire when I left? See bolding above. Big Grin And I documented everything I did in spades- they shouldn't even have to ask. Hmm, where is the bull-scuffing-manure-on-the-matador smiley? I would do that work for about 1 day a month so that it doesn't interfere with my Social Security check. Otherwise, they will have to do deep knee bends on a fire hydrant. How do you think I feel about my former employer, lol.

Thumbsup

I worked for a company that had a ridiculously incompetent IT director. It was the owner's kid who had almost no experience. I was just a lowly IT assistant. Shortly after I left the company, their main server went down and no one there could figure out what to do. The owner called me up and asked me if I'd fix/rebuild it for her... She wanted to pay me the same rate that I was making as an assistant to rebuild the server that housed all their records and emails... I told her "no", but I'd be happy to do it for my consulting fee of $150/hr plus travel expenses. She acted like I had just slapped her mother.

A week later, I got another call from her. Panicked this time, as her kid had completely reformatted the server and then over-wrote the only backup of the old server with the new, empty server. She wanted to know if I could do data recovery and if the price was still the same.

Laugh out load

Nope.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 1 user Likes itsnotmeitsyou's post
28-10-2015, 08:18 AM
(28-10-2015 06:22 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(27-10-2015 08:12 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Some butt-cheek employed at my company that I retired from almost a year ago called up and left a message requesting information about something I did, or could offer advice on. I called back and got a runaround. I figure I will make them contact a contractor organization who will hire me, get me a badge, and have me come in to answer their question(s). I'm thinking $200/per hour, including the time that it takes be to get my contractor badge and any briefings necessary. Whatever the question is, this will be cheaper than them figuring it out for themselves. Laughat They aren't going to get it on the phone for free, guaran-fucking-teed. I worked thousands of uncompensated hours for them; it won't happen again. What is my 1st world problem? I was doing the work which in the past took 7 people, got treated like I could be let go at any time, lucky to have a job, and I couldn't get a measly $25k a fucking year raise. Guess how many people they had to hire when I left? See bolding above. Big Grin And I documented everything I did in spades- they shouldn't even have to ask. Hmm, where is the bull-scuffing-manure-on-the-matador smiley? I would do that work for about 1 day a month so that it doesn't interfere with my Social Security check. Otherwise, they will have to do deep knee bends on a fire hydrant. How do you think I feel about my former employer, lol.

Thumbsup

I worked for a company that had a ridiculously incompetent IT director. It was the owner's kid who had almost no experience. I was just a lowly IT assistant. Shortly after I left the company, their main server went down and no one there could figure out what to do. The owner called me up and asked me if I'd fix/rebuild it for her... She wanted to pay me the same rate that I was making as an assistant to rebuild the server that housed all their records and emails... I told her "no", but I'd be happy to do it for my consulting fee of $150/hr plus travel expenses. She acted like I had just slapped her mother.

A week later, I got another call from her. Panicked this time, as her kid had completely reformatted the server and then over-wrote the only backup of the old server with the new, empty server. She wanted to know if I could do data recovery and if the price was still the same.

Laugh out load

Nope.

10XLaugh out load It's nice when somebody gets a payback like that.
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
28-10-2015, 10:50 AM
(26-10-2015 06:18 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Fucking Apple/Mac has decided to stop supporting the Aperture program, this means I now have to learn Lightroom and Photoshop. Not only do I have to learn it but I’ll have to export 20,000+ images and hope I don’t lose the RAW data or the metadata... [Image: k2QGflV.gif?zoom=2]

Backups are your friends. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
29-10-2015, 02:03 AM
So I'm in the middle of midterms this week, and I have a good amount of extra cash on hand. I know! I should totally get around to upgrading my computer security! Yeah, ima go all out on this bitch!

1. Goes to buy a shiny new VPN, deciding to use their pay with Gift Card option for added anonymity
-Gift Card doesn't read, stuck with a useless $50 target gift card
2. Buys Bitdefender Total protection (best package), and after charging my card I don't get an activation code. Customer support never sent a responce to my complaint. I just happen to check the program today on a whim, and it tells me it's out of date then proceeds to constantly freeze my computer and use up all my ram.
3. After getting pissed off with my computer, I go on my Xbox to watch Netflix and am forced to download an update.
-Update bricks my Xbox and I'm forced to send it in for repairs with a wait time of 2-3 weeks.

I.
Can't.
Fucking.
Win.

Atir aissom atir imon
29-10-2015, 09:17 AM
I can't post a photo to the forum. Weeping