What is your latest first world problem ?

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.67 Average
29-10-2015, 08:19 PM
RE: What is your latest first world problem ?
(29-10-2015 08:15 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(29-10-2015 06:33 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  I would have crushed that mac out of existence.

That POS was gummint property, just like I was when I was in the US Navy. Believe me, I thought about it. Maybe applesauce? Cool

The government used macs? That scares me lol

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
30-10-2015, 07:29 AM
(29-10-2015 08:19 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(29-10-2015 08:15 PM)Fireball Wrote:  That POS was gummint property, just like I was when I was in the US Navy. Believe me, I thought about it. Maybe applesauce? Cool

The government used macs? That scares me lol

I was at a contractor company, and the project manager liked macs. That was 25 years ago. They only use PCs and some mainframes now, there.
30-10-2015, 07:58 AM (This post was last modified: 30-10-2015 08:12 AM by yakherder.)
Duolingo has a Klingon language course under construction, but it's estimated completion date isn't until 2018 Sad

https://www.duolingo.com/course/tlh/en/L...gon-Online

Edit: Note that there are already almost 50,000 people who have selected to be notified upon completion. For comparison, other language programs currently under construction and their corresponding numbers of interested learners are:
Russian - 200k
Polish - 42k
Hungarian- 35k
Hebrew - 27k
Romanian - 27k
Vietnamese - 20k
Hindi - 18k
Welsh - 3.5k
Czech - 3k

So, not bad for a language created for a fictional setting (though not a fictional language itself, as it does indeed exist as a spoken language regardless of the reasons for its creation Tongue)

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
30-10-2015, 08:02 AM
(30-10-2015 07:29 AM)Fireball Wrote:  
(29-10-2015 08:19 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  The government used macs? That scares me lol

I was at a contractor company, and the project manager liked macs. That was 25 years ago. They only use PCs and some mainframes now, there.

Whew, good Big Grin

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
30-10-2015, 09:15 AM
Why don't fast food places just give me ketchup packets anymore? I understand inside I can just pick them up from the counter area. But in the drive thru on top of my order I got to remember to ask "Can you throw in 3 ketchup packets." I don't think it's a lot to ask for.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
30-10-2015, 09:24 AM
Going to karaoke tonight, but I don't know what to wear or sing.

I was thinking about dressing up - but as what? A nurse? Or wear a slutty dress, smear my makeup and have bed head hair?

And then to sing - I could do "The Bad Touch" by Bloodhound Gang, but it's a difficult key for me.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
30-10-2015, 09:28 AM
(30-10-2015 09:15 AM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Why don't fast food places just give me ketchup packets anymore? I understand inside I can just pick them up from the counter area. But in the drive thru on top of my order I got to remember to ask "Can you throw in 3 ketchup packets." I don't think it's a lot to ask for.

Because ketchup is bad for you, and McDonald's cares.

'Murican Canadian
30-10-2015, 09:28 AM
Quote:I could do "The Bad Touch" by Bloodhound Gang, but it's a difficult key for me.

yeah, singing not found there much.
30-10-2015, 09:43 AM
(30-10-2015 09:24 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Going to karaoke tonight, but I don't know what to wear or sing.

I was thinking about dressing up - but as what? A nurse? Or wear a slutty dress, smear my makeup and have bed head hair?

And then to sing - I could do "The Bad Touch" by Bloodhound Gang, but it's a difficult key for me.

My rule for Karaoke is when in doubt, do Copacabana. Thumbsup

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 3 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
30-10-2015, 09:44 AM
(30-10-2015 09:43 AM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  
(30-10-2015 09:24 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Going to karaoke tonight, but I don't know what to wear or sing.

My rule for Karaoke is when in doubt, do Copacabana. Thumbsup

Is your name Rico?

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister