What is your latest first world problem ?

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.67 Average
05-12-2015, 02:20 PM
RE: What is your latest first world problem ?
(05-12-2015 12:33 AM)Imathinker Wrote:  
(05-12-2015 12:13 AM)Clockwork Wrote:  Today my therapist suggested I may want to look into becoming a psychologist.

And how did that make you feel?
I was a little psyched.

Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Clockwork's post
05-12-2015, 04:12 PM
(05-12-2015 02:20 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  
(05-12-2015 12:33 AM)Imathinker Wrote:  And how did that make you feel?

I was a little psyched.

Big Grin

Don't let the suggestion go to you head.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 3 users Like Free Thought's post
05-12-2015, 07:05 PM
Oh dear. Let's see.

Problem #1. Coworker liked me. Asked me out. I had a blast. He's adorable, and has this beautiful, intriguing, brilliant mind. We had sex. Best sex of my life. Eventually feels got involved and he pulled back, despite me not voicing them. He Intentionally stopped doing things that he knew were meaningful to me. My high sex drive was a turnoff - ouch. Never really came back from that - apparently I came on too strong. I've initiated sex twice since then, which is frustrating as hell. Then each time when I'm ready to call it quits, he goes and does tiny things that show he cares. Like taking my car and filling it up with gas so I could get ten more minutes of sleep yesterday before work. Goddammit, I want to be kissed when I walk through the door, or when he comes home and I'm in bed. Affection.

Problem #2. Another coworker, smooooking hot - no really, like the best looking guy on my unit, which is quite the feat, blue eyes, sandy brown hair, rosy cheeks, perfect smile - got my number last week. And he's super sweet. I thought to hang out - why in the hell would a man like that be interested in me, I'm older and a mom. Aaaand he's apparently interested. Which I figured out today. Oh. They're both on the same shift. And I've been in the car when they've texted each other. So yes, they're friends. Fuck.

So only one person at work knows about me and guy 1 that has had me wrapped around his finger for months. He never introduced me to his best friend, has had me keep silent at work, and even though I met his sister before we went out, he's made sure I haven't seen her since. He said he has to compartmentalize his life and wants to keep work, sex, family, and friends separate. But then says I'm not just sex to him. I think I'm his friend he likes to snuggle with and on rare occasion have sex. And yet he spends almost the entirety of his free time with me.

I'm leaving the unit in a week, but they're going to have to work together. Guy 2 is super extroverted. He's not gonna keep quiet about us very well should we actually hook up. And then I still need to say something to guy 1. Which sucks. And hurts. I've gotten really close to him as of late.

Also, I've been up for 39 hours other than a 20 minute nap. I'm fuckin tired.

Tl;dr - guy problems. Don't bone your coworkers.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
05-12-2015, 07:23 PM
(05-12-2015 07:05 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Oh dear. Let's see.

Problem #1. Coworker liked me. Asked me out. I had a blast. He's adorable, and has this beautiful, intriguing, brilliant mind. We had sex. Best sex of my life. Eventually feels got involved and he pulled back, despite me not voicing them. He Intentionally stopped doing things that he knew were meaningful to me. My high sex drive was a turnoff - ouch. Never really came back from that - apparently I came on too strong. I've initiated sex twice since then, which is frustrating as hell. Then each time when I'm ready to call it quits, he goes and does tiny things that show he cares. Like taking my car and filling it up with gas so I could get ten more minutes of sleep yesterday before work. Goddammit, I want to be kissed when I walk through the door, or when he comes home and I'm in bed. Affection.

Problem #2. Another coworker, smooooking hot - no really, like the best looking guy on my unit, which is quite the feat, blue eyes, sandy brown hair, rosy cheeks, perfect smile - got my number last week. And he's super sweet. I thought to hang out - why in the hell would a man like that be interested in me, I'm older and a mom. Aaaand he's apparently interested. Which I figured out today. Oh. They're both on the same shift. And I've been in the car when they've texted each other. So yes, they're friends. Fuck.

So only one person at work knows about me and guy 1 that has had me wrapped around his finger for months. He never introduced me to his best friend, has had me keep silent at work, and even though I met his sister before we went out, he's made sure I haven't seen her since. He said he has to compartmentalize his life and wants to keep work, sex, family, and friends separate. But then says I'm not just sex to him. I think I'm his friend he likes to snuggle with and on rare occasion have sex. And yet he spends almost the entirety of his free time with me.

I'm leaving the unit in a week, but they're going to have to work together. Guy 2 is super extroverted. He's not gonna keep quiet about us very well should we actually hook up. And then I still need to say something to guy 1. Which sucks. And hurts. I've gotten really close to him as of late.

Also, I've been up for 39 hours other than a 20 minute nap. I'm fuckin tired.

Tl;dr - guy problems. Don't bone your coworkers.

Hug It sounds like co-worker one has been hurt in the past and while he might really like you, gets scared when things get too close. It sounds like he's playing mental gymnastics with himself because when he pulls away to save his heart, he probably notices you pull away too--so then he comes back since he really likes you and doesn't want to lose you. That is a hard spot for you to be in--and not entirely fair to you. Imo, if this guy keeps sending mixed signals and I liked him, I would talk to him about it and if he pulls away, I would just say I'm looking for something different/more commitment/meaningful/etc. and move on. I don't know if I would date co-worker 2 (no matter how hot he is) because that could add unnecessary drama to your life since he is friends with cw 1. You are an attractive, nice person--you'll definitely find a better guy for you soon enough.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
07-12-2015, 10:21 AM
Either Amazon doesn't accept PayPal or I can't figure it out - I don't want to use my debit card. Had to order stuff from eBay instead, so I'm getting my airbrush makeup on 12/14 instead of in 2 days. I wanna play with it noooooow.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
07-12-2015, 10:27 AM
(07-12-2015 10:21 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Either Amazon doesn't accept PayPal or I can't figure it out - I don't want to use my debit card. Had to order stuff from eBay instead, so I'm getting my airbrush makeup on 12/14 instead of in 2 days. I wanna play with it noooooow.

Airbrush makeup. oooOOOOOOOooo. I know a makeup artist who has one. Let us gals know how you like it.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
07-12-2015, 11:06 AM
(07-12-2015 10:27 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(07-12-2015 10:21 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Either Amazon doesn't accept PayPal or I can't figure it out - I don't want to use my debit card. Had to order stuff from eBay instead, so I'm getting my airbrush makeup on 12/14 instead of in 2 days. I wanna play with it noooooow.

Airbrush makeup. oooOOOOOOOooo. I know a makeup artist who has one. Let us gals know how you like it.

Girl_nails

Definitely! I ordered the Temptu pro s/b foundation (silicone based) and airbrush cleaner. My air compressor is strong enough to handle it being a little thicker. So excited! I've been researching makeups since the night I twisted my ankle, and I've had my compressor for 2 weeks. If you get one, make sure to get one to where you can control the PSI and is strong enough to handle silicone based makeups so you're not limited on brands.

I haven't been able to get my hands on the MAC foundation because I don't have a pro card (nor the ability to get one). My stylist said she would hook me up, she just ordered herself an Iwatta compressor for her Christmas and said we could go to the pro store together when she comes up to Nashville to visit her sister.

I haven't tried going in person to the pro store - been too busy, and then the traffic was INSANE the other day when I tried to go on pay day. Damn Christmas shoppers.

This is a whole new world of makeup to me. I didn't know people actually did this in the home for every day. I was at one of the houses of my not boyfriend Dodgy and saw his ex girlfriend's makeup that she left behind a year ago. I was like "What?! People do this?! No way!!! I want my own to play with!"

[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
07-12-2015, 11:23 AM
My most recent Amazon related first world problem was the TV wall mount I had sent to my PO box in Vermont, since Amazon is way cheaper in the U.S. In order to avoid having to pay duty fees on my way back to Canada, I had to pretend like it was a gift. My girlfriend, when she ordered it, even went so far as to add "from Mom" to it just in case they actually did a more thorough inspection, which they rarely do. No problems, though I do wonder if the customs officer thought it was strange my mom sent me a wall mount for Christmas. Maybe I should have feigned surprise and been like "Wow, I wonder if that means she's gonna send me a TV too?"

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
07-12-2015, 01:06 PM
If you've had an active PayPal account, you can get a PayPal Mastercard. I don't think it's for sellers only, so you want to look into it.
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
07-12-2015, 05:24 PM
Being so busy at work and life that I have to neglect my online friends.

I really do still love you guys.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 3 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post