What is your latest first world problem ?

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.67 Average
07-12-2015, 06:37 PM
RE: What is your latest first world problem ?
(07-12-2015 05:24 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  Being so busy at work and life that I have to neglect my online friends.

I really do still love you guys.

Welcome back! We missed you! Hug
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
07-12-2015, 11:25 PM
(07-12-2015 05:24 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  Being so busy at work and life that I have to neglect my online friends.

I really do still love you guys.

Too late, we've moved on. Angry

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 9 users Like morondog's post
08-12-2015, 05:10 AM
I have to go see the doctor again tomorrow...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
08-12-2015, 01:14 PM
What is your latest first world problem ?
It's gotten to that time of year when it's always cool/cold.

And I always fog up car windows. Yes, I run that warm.
08-12-2015, 02:32 PM
Well crap.

De Beers to shut Snap Lake diamond mine; 434 jobs cut

I'm not worried, per say. There's a lot out there in the security industry right now. I've been picking up shifts at a gold mine in Ontario lately, and if that's not enough it will take me all of 20 minutes to find something else. But I really liked the rotations up in Yellowknife. Oh well. If I can't get picked up at a different mine I can always try for one of the teams at the nuclear plants, or go back to immigration or corrections (they're critically understaffed right now and just had a hostage situation last night, fun times), or just totally piss off my girlfriend and do some overseas contracts (she might complain less when she sees the paychecks). But dammit, it's the two week on two week off schedule I really like, not just the pay.

'Murican Canadian
08-12-2015, 03:44 PM
Just burned the roof of my mouth on my lunch because I was too hungry to wait for it to cool off from the microwave. Hobo
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
08-12-2015, 03:46 PM
(08-12-2015 02:32 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Well crap.

De Beers to shut Snap Lake diamond mine; 434 jobs cut

I'm not worried, per say. There's a lot out there in the security industry right now. I've been picking up shifts at a gold mine in Ontario lately, and if that's not enough it will take me all of 20 minutes to find something else. But I really liked the rotations up in Yellowknife. Oh well. If I can't get picked up at a different mine I can always try for one of the teams at the nuclear plants, or go back to immigration or corrections (they're critically understaffed right now and just had a hostage situation last night, fun times), or just totally piss off my girlfriend and do some overseas contracts (she might complain less when she sees the paychecks). But dammit, it's the two week on two week off schedule I really like, not just the pay.

Hope it all works out for you. It sounds like you have a lot of options though so that's good.
08-12-2015, 05:11 PM
It's pouring rain here in Portland OR. Several years ago we had some fancy gutters installed that don't clog up with leaves and crap. The problem is that when they installed the gutters they didn't tip them exactly right so the rain flow downwards. Instead the water pools in the gutter right over the top of our sliding glass door area and water pours over the side like a goddamn waterfall. And or course...grrrrr....the warranty expired.

Our cats don't want to go outside the back door when it rains because of the waterfall and they've been giving me the evil eye Evil_monster all day long. So what do I do? I pick them both up in my arms and safely take them around the gutter waterfall area and carefully place them under the eaves where it's kinda dry. Cause....see...I'm a good and decent servant to the cats. They say "jump" and I say "how high?"

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
08-12-2015, 08:35 PM
Painted my nails a dark blue/black, and it looks like I'm going to a halloween party. Not a Xmas one. Wrong holiday. Oh well...I'll see what people think at work tomorrow. My fiance thinks they look sexy. Consider

Be true to yourself. Heart
08-12-2015, 08:39 PM
(08-12-2015 08:35 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Painted my nails a dark blue/black, and it looks like I'm going to a halloween party. Not a Xmas one. Wrong holiday. Oh well...I'll see what people think at work tomorrow. My fiance thinks they look sexy. Consider

Yes. I think I need to paint my nails dark blue. Good idea!
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post