What is your latest first world problem ?

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.67 Average
09-12-2015, 10:37 PM
RE: What is your latest first world problem ?
(09-12-2015 10:33 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  I accidentally kicked the reset button on my computer. Now I have to re-open all the programs and documents I was using and pray that autosave works like it's supposed to... Weeping

Oh no! Hug

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
09-12-2015, 10:47 PM
(09-12-2015 10:37 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(09-12-2015 10:33 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  I accidentally kicked the reset button on my computer. Now I have to re-open all the programs and documents I was using and pray that autosave works like it's supposed to... Weeping

Oh no! Hug

I was like "nooooooooooooooo!!!" when my screens went black and I heard the POST beep, but we're good now!!! Thumbsup

Except for the 15 wasted minutes getting back to where I left off... Dodgy

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 1 user Likes Can_of_Beans's post
09-12-2015, 10:57 PM
(09-12-2015 10:47 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  
(09-12-2015 10:37 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Oh no! Hug

I was like "nooooooooooooooo!!!" when my screens went black and I heard the POST beep, but we're good now!!! Thumbsup

NB- Puta fucking brick in front of that switch, to avoid a repeat. I did something similar where I had been working on a design for days without saving. Windows did an update and trashed those days worth of work. I've been using computers for decades and really should know better. Censored
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
10-12-2015, 12:44 PM
Ordered a couple books online and now have to wait an extra day to get them because I wasn't home when they attempted delivery.

The essence of life is statistical improbability on a colossal scale.
[+] 1 user Likes Spooky's post
10-12-2015, 01:49 PM
Income inequality and how it affects life style.

I needed to join the $10/hr crew before I could feel their pain...just a part-time job for me, but no joke for someone who depends on the income.

Just enough money to starve is my take on this group, which is growing every day. I support the $15/hr movement, but am saddened by the privileged attitude of those opposing it.

Larry

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" -Epicurus (341-270B.C.E.)
[+] 1 user Likes larry-new's post
10-12-2015, 02:04 PM
My girlfriend's pug has a skin problem. Some kind of bacteria and yeast having themselves a massive party that will require yet more prescriptions from the vet. I spend more on the pug's healthcare in Canada than I did on my own when I was in the U.S. Tongue

'Murican Canadian
10-12-2015, 02:06 PM
(09-12-2015 10:57 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(09-12-2015 10:47 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  I was like "nooooooooooooooo!!!" when my screens went black and I heard the POST beep, but we're good now!!! Thumbsup

NB- Puta fucking brick in front of that switch, to avoid a repeat. I did something similar where I had been working on a design for days without saving. Windows did an update and trashed those days worth of work. I've been using computers for decades and really should know better. Censored

And the last time you backed up your hard drive was ... ? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-12-2015, 02:10 PM
(10-12-2015 02:06 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(09-12-2015 10:57 PM)Fireball Wrote:  NB- Puta fucking brick in front of that switch, to avoid a repeat. I did something similar where I had been working on a design for days without saving. Windows did an update and trashed those days worth of work. I've been using computers for decades and really should know better. Censored

And the last time you backed up your hard drive was ... ? Consider

I backup constantly with Carbonite.

And weekly to an external hard drive that only stays plugged in long enough for the backup to run.

A backup only has to save your life once to be worth it. Thumbsup

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
10-12-2015, 02:11 PM
(10-12-2015 02:04 PM)yakherder Wrote:  My girlfriend's pug has a skin problem. Some kind of bacteria and yeast having themselves a massive party that will require yet more prescriptions from the vet. I spend more on the pug's healthcare in Canada than I did on my own when I was in the U.S. Tongue

I hope he's okay. I had a dog who had a skin problem and they gave us some prescriptions, but also some medicated shampoo--which really helped a lot and provided some relief for her. Hopefully, something like that might help him feel better too.

On a side note, I got health insurance for all of my pets because you are right, it can get extremely expensive. My vet bills have been relatively reasonable since doing that. I use Pet's Best--and they are fucking awesome!

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
10-12-2015, 02:29 PM
(10-12-2015 02:11 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(10-12-2015 02:04 PM)yakherder Wrote:  My girlfriend's pug has a skin problem. Some kind of bacteria and yeast having themselves a massive party that will require yet more prescriptions from the vet. I spend more on the pug's healthcare in Canada than I did on my own when I was in the U.S. Tongue

I hope he's okay. I had a dog who had a skin problem and they gave us some prescriptions, but also some medicated shampoo--which really helped a lot and provided some relief for her. Hopefully, something like that might help him feel better too.

On a side note, I got health insurance for all of my pets because you are right, it can get extremely expensive. My vet bills have been relatively reasonable since doing that. I use Pet's Best--and they are fucking awesome!

He's had skin problems and allergies his whole life. He also gets yeast infections in his ears like every other month :/ He's also on medication for arthritis, and even with that he won't stand up without help. And... he's blind in one eye (it literally popped a couple years back partially due to some anti-allergy medication that had "dries out eyes" as a possible side effect), and mostly blind in the other. 13 years old now, which is pretty old for a pug, and certainly acting his age. But he still seems happy enough despite all his issues.

'Murican Canadian