What is your latest first world problem ?

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.67 Average
17-12-2015, 11:54 AM
RE: What is your latest first world problem ?
I had a leftover veggie burger for breakfast and I forgot to shake up the mustard and that clear yellow liquid came out instead all over my burger. yuck. Undecided
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
17-12-2015, 12:16 PM
(17-12-2015 11:54 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I had a leftover veggie burger for breakfast and I forgot to shake up the mustard and that clear yellow liquid came out instead all over my burger. yuck. Undecided

ewww condiment cum

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
17-12-2015, 12:20 PM
(17-12-2015 12:16 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(17-12-2015 11:54 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I had a leftover veggie burger for breakfast and I forgot to shake up the mustard and that clear yellow liquid came out instead all over my burger. yuck. Undecided

ewww condiment cum

Yup. My veggie burger gets more action than I do Tongue
17-12-2015, 01:07 PM
(17-12-2015 05:58 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(14-12-2015 11:34 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  That's not how it works, man. We're stuck in the doghouse with the lot of them whether we like it or not.

Being stuck in that doghouse can have its benefits, Tarts. Wink

Was that intended to be a sex reference? Cause I'm going to be really disappointed if it wasn't.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
17-12-2015, 01:18 PM
(17-12-2015 01:07 PM)BnW Wrote:  
(17-12-2015 05:58 AM)Aliza Wrote:  Being stuck in that doghouse can have its benefits, Tarts. Wink

Was that intended to be a sex reference? Cause I'm going to be really disappointed if it wasn't.

No, no, no. I'm a nice girl. I'm the kind of girl you take home to mother. Angel
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
17-12-2015, 06:47 PM
I can't play a game on my phone with this bandage on my thumb.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
17-12-2015, 06:57 PM
A raincoat for the dog just set me back $94.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
17-12-2015, 07:15 PM
(13-12-2015 09:17 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(13-12-2015 07:48 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Sounds like an awesome place! From your other post, it sounds like you have a lot of job possibilities even though you are about to be laid off. (Sorry about your lay off, btw Undecided ). So it sounds like there's a good chance you could find something with a schedule that would allow you to devote a lot of time to your house/ property.

The property does sound like a lot of work, but if you are still planning on keeping your current house, you can take your time getting your new house ready. And you can always pay some people to help you once you get your new job.

Good luck with the house! I hope it works out for you. It definitely sounds like a nice place for you and your family!

First the additional first world BS portion of the deal. My girlfriend / common law and I will both be investing in this place in the coming years, and I don't expect our relationship to suddenly get better. But, worst case scenario, we eventually separate, she ends up with the property and whatever we've added to it, and my kids have an awesome place to explore as they grow up. I can live with that. And in the process of doing this I'll learn some lessons that will allow me to do it more efficiently the second time around. So even with this, I'll keep looking for other similar cheap undeveloped properties.

At any rate... I Didn't get to explore as much as I'd like because I had both of my kids with me, but I liked what I saw. I was worried because my first concern was why someone hadn't developed the place already. I assumed there had to be something prohibitively challenging about it that wasn't obvious from the pictures, the online description, and the various documentation I'd been able to dig up, and I wanted to find what that problem was. Turns out it's only because the government owned the whole area up until 3 years ago before sectioning it off and putting it on the market for private ownership. The guy who owned it those three years simply changed his mind about wanting to develop it due to money problems and wanted to make a quick sale. And it's perfect. So too bad for that guy, but a quick sale was what he wanted and he got it.

At this point it's almost completely wooded. It's a bit hilly, but there's a portion that's flat enough to build a small house with a bit of work. There's a small creek running along one side of the property feeding into a lake. That lake is about a 5 minute walk away, following the creek. From the property, there are hiking trails leading in like six different directions. There was bunny shit and deer shit all over the place and, unsurprisingly (given the bunnies) plenty of signs of coyotes as well. The only neighbor in the area to have put up a house at this point tells me wolves, black bears, and moose also show up from time to time.

Another cool thing, as viewed through the eyes of a prepper nutcase like myself, is that the flat area where I'd put the house is right next to a steep, fairly high hill (all part of the property), which leaves open the possibility of having a basement extend from under the house to under the hill a bit up into it as sort of a large hidden extra room. You know, like those bunkers or torture rooms they always have out in the boonies in crime shows Tongue That's just my imagination working overtime, however. I don't know if I could get it approved, and I do in fact plan on keeping everything legal Smile

Is the property in Vt.?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-12-2015, 07:46 PM
(17-12-2015 07:15 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(13-12-2015 09:17 PM)yakherder Wrote:  First the additional first world BS portion of the deal. My girlfriend / common law and I will both be investing in this place in the coming years, and I don't expect our relationship to suddenly get better. But, worst case scenario, we eventually separate, she ends up with the property and whatever we've added to it, and my kids have an awesome place to explore as they grow up. I can live with that. And in the process of doing this I'll learn some lessons that will allow me to do it more efficiently the second time around. So even with this, I'll keep looking for other similar cheap undeveloped properties.

At any rate... I Didn't get to explore as much as I'd like because I had both of my kids with me, but I liked what I saw. I was worried because my first concern was why someone hadn't developed the place already. I assumed there had to be something prohibitively challenging about it that wasn't obvious from the pictures, the online description, and the various documentation I'd been able to dig up, and I wanted to find what that problem was. Turns out it's only because the government owned the whole area up until 3 years ago before sectioning it off and putting it on the market for private ownership. The guy who owned it those three years simply changed his mind about wanting to develop it due to money problems and wanted to make a quick sale. And it's perfect. So too bad for that guy, but a quick sale was what he wanted and he got it.

At this point it's almost completely wooded. It's a bit hilly, but there's a portion that's flat enough to build a small house with a bit of work. There's a small creek running along one side of the property feeding into a lake. That lake is about a 5 minute walk away, following the creek. From the property, there are hiking trails leading in like six different directions. There was bunny shit and deer shit all over the place and, unsurprisingly (given the bunnies) plenty of signs of coyotes as well. The only neighbor in the area to have put up a house at this point tells me wolves, black bears, and moose also show up from time to time.

Another cool thing, as viewed through the eyes of a prepper nutcase like myself, is that the flat area where I'd put the house is right next to a steep, fairly high hill (all part of the property), which leaves open the possibility of having a basement extend from under the house to under the hill a bit up into it as sort of a large hidden extra room. You know, like those bunkers or torture rooms they always have out in the boonies in crime shows Tongue That's just my imagination working overtime, however. I don't know if I could get it approved, and I do in fact plan on keeping everything legal Smile

Is the property in Vt.?

Québec. Closest town is Rivière Rouge.

'Murican Canadian
17-12-2015, 08:15 PM
(17-12-2015 07:46 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(17-12-2015 07:15 PM)Chas Wrote:  Is the property in Vt.?

Québec. Closest town is Rivière Rouge.

That's a ways away. Consider

You mentioned a river - is it on Rivière Rouge?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user