What is your latest first world problem ?

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.67 Average
04-01-2016, 05:06 PM
RE: What is your latest first world problem ?
(02-01-2016 10:46 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(02-01-2016 07:50 PM)DerFish Wrote:  Can I interest you in a case of Dengue? It is going around here.

Will it get me out of working tomorrow?

Only for about six weeks, is all.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-01-2016, 06:58 PM
(04-01-2016 03:04 PM)HawkofFreedom Wrote:  My Dallas Cowboys suck...and if they step up and play Johnny Football roulette, my 30 some years of fandom will be gone....It'll be the straw that broke the camels back and as long as Jerry Jones runs the team, I'll be a gone...not that he cares...but I do. LOL

We live in DC and one of our friends is a serious Cowboy fan. While we have enjoyed rubbing his face in the shit that is the Cowboys, he did have a good point. "Everybody's hurt. That ain't the Cowboys, that's their third stringers."

#sigh
04-01-2016, 09:59 PM
I want to watch Firefly Season 2. Weeping

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 2 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
04-01-2016, 10:19 PM
(04-01-2016 09:59 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  I want to watch Firefly Season 2. Weeping

Serenity was not the ending that I wanted, but unfortunately it's the ending we got. Sadcryface

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 2 users Like cactus's post
05-01-2016, 10:10 AM
(04-01-2016 06:58 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(04-01-2016 03:04 PM)HawkofFreedom Wrote:  My Dallas Cowboys suck...and if they step up and play Johnny Football roulette, my 30 some years of fandom will be gone....It'll be the straw that broke the camels back and as long as Jerry Jones runs the team, I'll be a gone...not that he cares...but I do. LOL

We live in DC and one of our friends is a serious Cowboy fan. While we have enjoyed rubbing his face in the shit that is the Cowboys, he did have a good point. "Everybody's hurt. That ain't the Cowboys, that's their third stringers."

That is true, but if Jerruh wasn't the GM, we would probably be some sort of okay, instead we are a circus, like Cleveland and Oakland, just with a bigger tent and more coverage.

“Freedom is the right of all sentient beings.”
― Optimus Prime
06-01-2016, 04:30 PM
Urgh... Ever since I told them about my mental health issues, my mother and her de-facto (mostly the de-facto) keep insisting that I go out and do things any time they want to speak to me about it, despite knowing full well that I can't really do any of the things they suggest without risking bad anxiety attacks...
They've dragged my brother into it now... Now he wants to drag me to the civic centre that was recently built to check it out, purely because he was told to. It's not something he would do under his own will. If I don't go, I'm sure I'll just get told off by the Overseers, so I don't have much choice but to check this place out.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
06-01-2016, 04:35 PM
(06-01-2016 04:30 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Urgh... Ever since I told them about my mental health issues, my mother and her de-facto (mostly the de-facto) keep insisting that I go out and do things any time they want to speak to me about it, despite knowing full well that I can't really do any of the things they suggest without risking bad anxiety attacks...
They've dragged my brother into it now... Now he wants to drag me to the civic centre that was recently built to check it out, purely because he was told to. It's not something he would do under his own will. If I don't go, I'm sure I'll just get told off by the Overseers, so I don't have much choice but to check this place out.

Hug
06-01-2016, 06:57 PM
Well another mixed problem. I am retired in the Dominican Republic and depend on ATM card for my cash. I draw out money as needed usually at 10,000 pesos a whack, which is about $220.00 give or take depending on the day's specific exchange rate. On the 31st of Dec the Eagle shat and I drew out my pesos, and the bank charged me for them, but again on the 4th of Jan they hit me with the same amount. I had tried at three ATM's before finding one that had money to give. Maybe one of them that didn't have money charged me anyway. I am in a third world country after all!
[+] 1 user Likes DerFish's post
06-01-2016, 07:29 PM
(06-01-2016 06:57 PM)DerFish Wrote:  Well another mixed problem. I am retired in the Dominican Republic and depend on ATM card for my cash. I draw out money as needed usually at 10,000 pesos a whack, which is about $220.00 give or take depending on the day's specific exchange rate. On the 31st of Dec the Eagle shat and I drew out my pesos, and the bank charged me for them, but again on the 4th of Jan they hit me with the same amount. I had tried at three ATM's before finding one that had money to give. Maybe one of them that didn't have money charged me anyway. I am in a third world country after all!

One time I made a withdraw from a bank ATM in China using my US card, then took that cash immediately into the same bank to deposit it into my Chinese account. They ran it through their counter, then said they couldn't accept it because it was determined to be counterfeit. I told them I'd just got it from their atm, and they basically replied that I was full of shit :/

'Murican Canadian
06-01-2016, 08:19 PM (This post was last modified: 06-01-2016 08:22 PM by yakherder.)
(23-12-2015 01:55 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Anki, my preferred flashcard software, uses "r" as the hotkey to repeat the audio in a flashcard. The Cyrillic alphabet has no "r" (р makes a similar sound and г looks similar but is not), so if I'm going through cards in Russian, and thus have my keyboard set to Russian input, and I want it to repeat the audio portion of a card that just popped up, I have to manually change to English, French, or Spanish, then press "r", then change back to Russian to type the answer to the card.

What bullshit. There isn't even a menu option to repeat, only the hotkey.

First world problem solved Tongue I often use ALT codes to type various symbols that are absent on my the default Windows foreign language input methods (such as œ in French, which can be typed by hitting ALT 0156), and it occurred to me that even normal characters have alt codes as well. Sure enough, ALT 114 results in an "r" or, in the case of Anki, the audio repeating itself as if I'd pressed "r". A few keystrokes is till not quite as convenient as one keystroke, but it's much better than having to change back and forth between language settings.

Now if only I could just memorize the ALT codes for every single letter/character/symbol in all languages, then I wouldn't need language input method settings in the first place :/ Or a keyboard beyond a numeric keypad with an ALT button for that matter.

'Murican Canadian