What is your latest first world problem ?

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.67 Average
06-01-2016, 10:48 PM
RE: What is your latest first world problem ?
(06-01-2016 06:57 PM)DerFish Wrote:  Well another mixed problem. I am retired in the Dominican Republic and depend on ATM card for my cash. I draw out money as needed usually at 10,000 pesos a whack, which is about $220.00 give or take depending on the day's specific exchange rate. On the 31st of Dec the Eagle shat and I drew out my pesos, and the bank charged me for them, but again on the 4th of Jan they hit me with the same amount. I had tried at three ATM's before finding one that had money to give. Maybe one of them that didn't have money charged me anyway. I am in a third world country after all!

Hopefully the money will reappear, once the bank sees what happened. Sometimes when the ATM itself has no money, the withdrawal will still be charged to your account. One bank I used, I tried to withdraw money twice at one ATM, only to get nothing (figuring it was a machine malfunction). Went to another ATM in that bank's system, and got the money ($100), only to discover that I had gotten dinged for the other two withdrawals, despite not getting the money. I went in and asked about it, and was told by a teller that I should just wait a few weeks, and it would clear up. I told the teller that it was my money! I made a point of telling the manager why I was closing my accounts when I did that, and now use a different bank.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-01-2016, 05:42 PM
I have to schlep out to the pet shop to buy food for my little guys because my order on Amazon has been messed up! Again! The food hasn't even been shipped yet. Angry
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
09-01-2016, 05:57 PM
Undecided

Jury duty.
It's not doing it that screws with me... it's that I have to be there at 8:30am!!!

I didn't know they made time so early anymore. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
09-01-2016, 11:40 PM
Looking at wedding dresses online tonight, and wondering if I should go traditional or.....non traditional. Decisions.

Be true to yourself. Heart
09-01-2016, 11:44 PM
(09-01-2016 05:57 PM)kim Wrote:  Undecided

Jury duty.
It's not doing it that screws with me... it's that I have to be there at 8:30am!!!

I didn't know they made time so early anymore. Dodgy

8:30am? That's an hour and a half after I get out of an 8 hour shift at work. Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
10-01-2016, 09:14 PM
Whoever said cats don't greet you when you come home like dogs do has obviously not seen the way my slutty cats act when I return after being gone for a few days. I've only got two of them, and it will probably be an hour or so before I can take a step without tripping over one.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 4 users Like yakherder's post
10-01-2016, 09:17 PM
(10-01-2016 09:14 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Whoever said cats don't greet you when you come home like dogs do has obviously not seen the way my slutty cats act when I return after being gone for a few days. I've only got two of them, and it will probably be an hour or so before I can take a step without tripping over one.

I am met at the door by three dogs and the cat...I think the dogs are really glad I am home...the cat, however, knows I will be handing out treats. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
10-01-2016, 09:20 PM
(10-01-2016 09:17 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(10-01-2016 09:14 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Whoever said cats don't greet you when you come home like dogs do has obviously not seen the way my slutty cats act when I return after being gone for a few days. I've only got two of them, and it will probably be an hour or so before I can take a step without tripping over one.

I am met at the door by three dogs and the cat...I think the dogs are really glad I am home...the cat, however, knows I will be handing out treats. Undecided

My cats are jumping in front of me inverted like beached manatees. They want belly rubs, and they want then right now.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 5 users Like yakherder's post
10-01-2016, 09:41 PM
(10-01-2016 09:20 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(10-01-2016 09:17 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I am met at the door by three dogs and the cat...I think the dogs are really glad I am home...the cat, however, knows I will be handing out treats. Undecided

My cats are jumping in front of me inverted like beached manatees. They want belly rubs, and they want then right now.

Ooh this gives me smiles Big Grin every day my cat Leo meets me at the door. There's a ledge he can stand on, and sometimes he's poking his head through the curtains and meowing at me through the window while I unlock the door Heart

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 4 users Like Smercury44's post
11-01-2016, 08:21 PM
That moment when you open a brand new box of taco shells, and every. single. one. is broken, so you have to make what can only be referred to as... "taco sandwiches" Dodgy

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 3 users Like Smercury44's post