What is your latest first world problem ?

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.67 Average
19-01-2016, 03:39 PM (This post was last modified: 19-01-2016 03:42 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: What is your latest first world problem ?

history quickly crashing through your veins

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-01-2016, 04:14 PM (This post was last modified: 19-01-2016 04:17 PM by Nurse.)
American healthcare is my latest first world problem. It sucks.

If I'm telling you I have shortness of breath and my chest is super tight, and then you hear crackles and I'm diminished in the bases - do a goddamn chest xray. If I've been sick for >10 days, am tachypneic at rest with a heart rate of 110, and dizzy, why not some basic lab work? Like ohhh I dunno, a CBC and a BMP? I almost went to the ER after I nearly passed out and couldn't catch my breath during my Decon class when we went outside to see how to setup the shower stations, where to suit up, etc. However, I did not go to the ER (a paramedic and an EMT helped me back to the parking garage - it took 45 minutes for a ten minute walk). I didn't want to wait for 4 hours to be seen (at least my vital signs and employee status would make it a little faster than the average complaint) and then sit there another 12 and get released in the middle of an ice storm.

Ugh, I had a nosebleed during class. With my black clothes, combat boots, hugging the underweight/healthy status, and (shiny gel) black nails, I probably had people wondering if I'm a coke head. That crosses my mind when I see people with nosebleeds. I don't want my coworkers thinking I'm a coke head. Sad My sinuses are just super dry from the weather and being under treated.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
19-01-2016, 11:49 PM
(19-01-2016 04:14 PM)Nurse Wrote:  American healthcare is my latest first world problem. It sucks.

If I'm telling you I have shortness of breath and my chest is super tight, and then you hear crackles and I'm diminished in the bases - do a goddamn chest xray. If I've been sick for >10 days, am tachypneic at rest with a heart rate of 110, and dizzy, why not some basic lab work? Like ohhh I dunno, a CBC and a BMP? I almost went to the ER after I nearly passed out and couldn't catch my breath during my Decon class when we went outside to see how to setup the shower stations, where to suit up, etc. However, I did not go to the ER (a paramedic and an EMT helped me back to the parking garage - it took 45 minutes for a ten minute walk). I didn't want to wait for 4 hours to be seen (at least my vital signs and employee status would make it a little faster than the average complaint) and then sit there another 12 and get released in the middle of an ice storm.

Ugh, I had a nosebleed during class. With my black clothes, combat boots, hugging the underweight/healthy status, and (shiny gel) black nails, I probably had people wondering if I'm a coke head. That crosses my mind when I see people with nosebleeds. I don't want my coworkers thinking I'm a coke head. Sad My sinuses are just super dry from the weather and being under treated.
Hug

Um. That ain't really a first world problem Hug Sorry you're so sick.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
20-01-2016, 01:15 AM
(19-01-2016 11:49 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(19-01-2016 04:14 PM)Nurse Wrote:  American healthcare is my latest first world problem. It sucks.

Hug

Um. That ain't really a first world problem Hug Sorry you're so sick.

Sort of...maybe...kind of...I'm insured in a first world country and have access to healthcare (our system just sucks). Just so happens the current trend is "watch and see." But probably belonged in the ranting corner. Meh.

Hug

Ok, first world problem - at my parents' house, slept from 7pm to 11pm and am now bored out of my mind. There is NOTHING to watch on tv even remotely interesting. It's between Disney channel and shif like house hunters. So. Bored.

Oh - and my bedroom at my parents' house was redecorated. The walls were painted grey, but not the "right" grey, so they need to be repainted.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
20-01-2016, 09:04 AM
With my layoff and otherwise lack of job availability in the field of remote resource (gold, diamond, oil, etc.) security expected to continue for the next year or two until resources and the Canadian dollar rebound, though there are certainly other lower paying jobs available, or short term contracts that could easily keep me busy and well paid but away from home most of the time, I've just been offered the option to return to Ontario corrections. I said I'd never do that shit again, but I must admit the prospect of a guaranteed 80k to 100k salary over the next year and half or so, depending on how much overtime I opt to take (there's pretty much always a blank check on overtime due to a critical staffing shortage) while I wait for my citizenship requirements to be met and for the resource industry to recover is quite tempting.

I have until February 3rd to decide.

I wish we'd just hurry up and get into another war so I could do that instead.

'Murican Canadian
21-01-2016, 12:06 PM
I just ate two frozen dinners, and I'm still hungry. Weeping

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 2 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
21-01-2016, 12:12 PM
(21-01-2016 12:06 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  I just ate two frozen dinners, and I'm still hungry. Weeping

You're supposed to heat them first.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 7 users Like yakherder's post
21-01-2016, 12:34 PM
(21-01-2016 12:12 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(21-01-2016 12:06 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  I just ate two frozen dinners, and I'm still hungry. Weeping

You're supposed to heat them first.

[Image: latest?cb=20150225125846]

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 6 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
22-01-2016, 08:18 PM
Kind of have to post this, I was reminded of this thread as soon as I saw the video

Atir aissom atir imon
22-01-2016, 08:57 PM
(20-01-2016 09:04 AM)yakherder Wrote:  With my layoff and otherwise lack of job availability in the field of remote resource (gold, diamond, oil, etc.) security expected to continue for the next year or two until resources and the Canadian dollar rebound, though there are certainly other lower paying jobs available, or short term contracts that could easily keep me busy and well paid but away from home most of the time, I've just been offered the option to return to Ontario corrections. I said I'd never do that shit again, but I must admit the prospect of a guaranteed 80k to 100k salary over the next year and half or so, depending on how much overtime I opt to take (there's pretty much always a blank check on overtime due to a critical staffing shortage) while I wait for my citizenship requirements to be met and for the resource industry to recover is quite tempting.

I have until February 3rd to decide.

I wish we'd just hurry up and get into another war so I could do that instead.

You're going to have to wait until Trump is sworn in, plus as many seconds as it takes for some sane person to ace him, plus the time it takes to swear Palin in, plus as many seconds as it takes for some sane person to ace her. Then it will complete anarchy, and you will have all the enjoyment you can stand, back in corrections...