What is your latest first world problem ?

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.67 Average
12-02-2016, 10:39 PM
RE: What is your latest first world problem ?
As I was putting my four year old to bed he asked me, in a very serious tone, if I could please ask the cats not to play too loudly at night because he's trying to sleep..

How do I explain in words that a four year old can understand that cat's don't give a shit what we want, and in fact the best way to persuade them is reverse psychology?

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like yakherder's post
12-02-2016, 10:50 PM
(12-02-2016 10:39 PM)yakherder Wrote:  As I was putting my four year old to bed he asked me, in a very serious tone, if I could please ask the cats not to play too loudly at night because he's trying to sleep..

How do I explain in words that a four year old can understand that cat's don't give a shit what we want, and in fact the best way to persuade them is reverse psychology?

I know it was rhetorical but...

They're watch cats, if he hears them at night then he knows they're up and doing their job protecting the house. Smile

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
12-02-2016, 10:54 PM
(12-02-2016 10:50 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(12-02-2016 10:39 PM)yakherder Wrote:  As I was putting my four year old to bed he asked me, in a very serious tone, if I could please ask the cats not to play too loudly at night because he's trying to sleep..

I know it was rhetorical but...

They're watch cats, if he hears them at night then he knows they're up and doing their job protecting the house. Smile

My worry is that his next question would be along the lines of "Protecting the house from what?" Then I'd have to provide him with some new thing to be worried about Tongue

Lately he's been hooked on an episode of Paw Patrol that introduced him to the concept of ghosts. I've already spent the last two weeks trying to convince him that the noises at night were, in fact, the cats and not ghosts lol...

'Murican Canadian
[+] 3 users Like yakherder's post
12-02-2016, 10:59 PM
(12-02-2016 10:54 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(12-02-2016 10:50 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  I know it was rhetorical but...

My worry is that his next question would be along the lines of "Protecting the house from what?" Then I'd have to provide him with some new thing to be worried about Tongue

Lately he's been hooked on an episode of Paw Patrol that introduced him to the concept of ghosts. I've already spent the last two weeks trying to convince him that the noises at night were, in fact, the cats and not ghosts lol...

Mice getting in the house. That's what cats are for, right. Smile

Yes, at that age there 3 questions for everyone answered. Ghosts, Santa, gods... all fun stories to teach us stuff. At least that's how I handled those things with my kids. Even at 4 they can understand analogies as easy ways to teach something and remember things. It's a great age, lucky you. Smile

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
13-02-2016, 12:43 AM

"sure"

Easy.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
13-02-2016, 05:36 PM
Winter departed just long enough to melt the ice fort and the sled ramp I'd built in the backyard with my son. Now it's 23 below zero. Make up your mind mother nature.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
14-02-2016, 08:02 PM
Being unusually careless lately. Burnt some plastic on the stove again, among some other mistakes. Facepalm

Yes I know, keep plastic away from stove.

14-02-2016, 09:03 PM
I can see where the pug was standing next to the sliding glass door earlier while he was coming back inside because the humidity from his breath froze to the glass.

'Murican Canadian
15-02-2016, 10:12 PM
Thanks guitarist busker in the city, I totally don't need my eardrums.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
15-02-2016, 11:44 PM
My ex boyfriend Hobo