What is your latest first world problem ?

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.67 Average
02-03-2016, 08:03 PM
RE: What is your latest first world problem ?
Having a combined bathroom/toilet room. So when I want to have a shower but also need to take a dump I take a dump and than have to have a shower in a room where someone just took a dump.

Good thing god invented vanilla scented air freshener. Mmmmm vanilla air freshener...

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
02-03-2016, 08:40 PM
(02-03-2016 08:03 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Having a combined bathroom/toilet room. So when I want to have a shower but also need to take a dump I take a dump and than have to have a shower in a room where someone just took a dump.

Good thing god invented vanilla scented air freshener. Mmmmm vanilla air freshener...

True Scot thrift! Bathing after using the toilet saves on paper.
02-03-2016, 09:35 PM
(02-03-2016 08:40 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(02-03-2016 08:03 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Having a combined bathroom/toilet room. So when I want to have a shower but also need to take a dump I take a dump and than have to have a shower in a room where someone just took a dump.

True Scot thrift! Bathing after using the toilet saves on paper.

I gagged a little.

02-03-2016, 09:43 PM
(02-03-2016 04:36 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(02-03-2016 04:34 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Just got a "partially meets expectations" review at work despite actually getting a "meets expectations" (and being told as much) because a few people had to get offered up to the gods of the bell curve as a sacrifice.

Of course, they have to make up a pretext for this, and I was told it was because I wasn't collaborating with my broader department. I mentioned reaching out to them to see if they had any programming jobs they might need help on, and I was told "No, just stuff like having coffee with them or chatting with them, more.". So, I literally got fucked out of about $5,000 of raise/bonus for not chatting with my coworkers enough.

Time to start polishing that resume, I think...

That is utter bullshit. You're there to work, not make friends. If youre doing your job well thats all that matter.

That's always been my thought but my department always wants to make with the social stuff. Facepalm

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
02-03-2016, 09:50 PM
So I made a new Facebook page because on my old one I had a bunch of religious folks and family members on there and I felt like I couldn't be myself and couldn't speak freely. But I wanted to keep my old FB page as well and... ugh this is not even making sense! Angry Basically my best friend from my old page is wanting to be my friend on the new page and while I think I told her I don't really go to church anymore I don't think I ever mentioned that, you know, I don't believe in god.

What a fucking idiot. Facepalm

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
02-03-2016, 09:51 PM
(02-03-2016 09:35 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(02-03-2016 08:40 PM)Fireball Wrote:  True Scot thrift! Bathing after using the toilet saves on paper.

I gagged a little.

Laugh out load Doesn't your BR have a vent fan? Tongue

Besides, vanilla freshener just means it smells like someone's been eating vanilla beans. Dodgy
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
02-03-2016, 09:53 PM
(02-03-2016 09:51 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(02-03-2016 09:35 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I gagged a little.

Doesn't your BR have a vent fan? Tongue

If by vent fan you mean window, yes it does.

[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
02-03-2016, 09:59 PM
(02-03-2016 09:53 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(02-03-2016 09:51 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Doesn't your BR have a vent fan? Tongue

try:

02-03-2016, 10:05 PM (This post was last modified: 02-03-2016 10:09 PM by carol.)
(02-03-2016 04:57 PM)DerFish Wrote:  I lived with a broad for almost 3 years and left her six months ago. She insisted that the dog was hers, so I left my Amanda with her. One of her kids the 22 year old daughter wrote to me a few weeks ago and suggested I come get the dog. I ignored it figuring it was just a reason to fight with me. But yesterday AM my new lady said someone had left a dog tied up next to our car and we kept hearing him whine and bark. I paid no attention only telling present girl friend that I hate the idea of chaining up a dog, but when in the afternoon we went down from our second story apartment to leave to visit friends, the dog recognized me and called out and I recognized her and went and unchained her. My lady was in the car with the door open and I told Amanda to get in the car and the lady shrieked as my 40 pound dog jumped on her lap to get into the back of the van. Lady and dog accepted each other just fine, and it is good to have Amanda with me again. I have no idea how the previous woman knows where I live, but my vehicle is quite distinctive and it is a relatively small city 180,000 people or so.

What a shitty thing for them to do to your dog, they could have phoned you or something... glad that you got your dog back, and that your dog didn't break free of the leash and get hit by a car.
03-03-2016, 09:45 AM
(02-03-2016 09:53 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(02-03-2016 09:51 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Doesn't your BR have a vent fan? Tongue

Anyway, my stool smells like fresh-baked cinnamon buns. Drinking Beverage